Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Is Charlie completely mad? She is a hopeless police officer and I'm glad that senior policeman has come along to keep an eye on her, even though he seems to be commending her. She seems determined to ruin her own career.

As for Georgie tasering Heath, that was ridiculous. All the other policemen could have taken him down, I thought tasers were to be used outside only when the person was a distance away, not 1 metre away.

I can see why Casey has moved in with Romeo and Indi: just to get the River boys into the bay and use the available sets rather than going to the Braxton house all the time! His scenes with Brax were good.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could be right Red about Brax giving the order for Liam being beaten up, I thought maybe Michael had acted on his own, then remembered he did call round and speak to Brax beforehand.

Was Brax also behind Micheal threatening Bianca, if so it had just the opposite effect.

I really hope we get some explanation that clears Brax of involvement in both of those incidents. If he did order those things, I worry that the writers don't really know where they're going with him. It would seem so out of character after he's been trying so hard to turn his life around. Mike (who I don't actually remember seeing before, as often happens with the RBs!) seems like a piece of work, so maybe he's doing this stuff off his own back?

I wish there was something else to say about this episode but the ordinary, decent people that should be the main characters in this show are few and far between.There were moments in that episode that I actually forgot Bianca has been raped recently, as she's been turned into just another character to be moved back and forth in this private game of chess between Charlie and Brax, who don't even seem to realise they're supposed to be on opposite sides as mostly innocent people like Ruby, Casey, April, Bianca and Liam suffer because of them.

Don't forget Xavier as well. He's still good friends with April

Xavier :lol: Already made his way through the ladies of Summer Bay, now got a girl from out of town. He is definitely in the jock role. Laughed when Gina said 'so, have you been hard at it today?' :whistling:

Bored with Liam and Bianca now, they are just hurting each other. They both just seem to do that to their partners, so two of them in a relationship isn't good. Maybe she would be better with uncomplicated Heath.

Personally, I'd say it's very in character for Brax to use threats and violence to get his own way, it was only last week he was punching his own brother down a sand dune just to make a point. I did think when I first saw yesterday's episode that Mick was working off his own back until that whispered conference with Brax.Looking back...the whole thing didn't seem to start until Brax saw Bianca talking to Charlie at the station.It's possible that Brax just wanted Mick to give Liam and/or Bianca a scare and Mick interpreted that as beating Liam up but I think he was almost certainly involved somehow.

Anyway...today's ep.After practically announcing the demise of Home and Away yesterday, it came as a huge relief.No criminal gangs.No incompetent and borderline corrupt police officers.Sure, they're mentioned but just because we're seeing how their actions affect ordinary people.It does still seem like Bianca being raped has been largely forgotten, it took me a couple of seconds to realise what Irene was talking about when she said it was a big deal for Bianca to invite Liam to share her bed.I'm glad that Liam hasn't given into the River Boys' bully boy tactics and still wants to testify and it does seem like he and Bianca have reached some sort of understanding.Shame that Liam's suddenly staying at the caravan park when it was meant to be the Sands.And for the second time in as many weeks, he has to sleep on the couch even though there's a spare bedroom in the house, the one April was sleeping in when Will was there.(We can even see the door, for goodness sake!)

Didn't mind Alf quite as much this episode, although I think he's still barking up the wrong tree and I'm glad Morag seems to be on Roo's side.At least he does seem to be looking out for Roo rather than just taking Marilyn's side but it does seem like he's changing the evidence to fit his opinions, since he was clearly wrong about Roo and Sid having an argument.Surprised Roo wasn't curious as to why there appeared to be about twenty people in Alf's kitchen, half of whom were obviously only there to make up their episode counts.

Xavier and Kelly:I am officially onboard.Shame April seems to veer between annoying and dull when Xavier isn't around but that's the way the show wanted to take her.I'm just pretending her and Dexter aren't a couple at the moment.Nice that Dexter helped Xavier out anyway.It's a shame Xavier's going behind Gina's back again but his surprise for Kelly, which I was worried was going to blow up in his face, turned out to be spot on and very thoughtful.I don't know why people wonder why Xavier has no trouble getting a girlfriend:If I was a teenage girl, I'd like him.So, are we meant to assume Something Happened between him and Kelly in that hay..?

Yes, that was a lovely thing for Xavier to do. :wub: Shows he can get it right when he really tries. Yes I think something did indeed happen in the hay. :whistling::wink: Only hope they didn't traumatise the horse. Agree that remark of Gina's was funny, only she didn't know it. From what we have seen of tomorrows episode Kelly is really keen to tell Gina and by the end Xav does fess up.

Despite most of the rest of the episode being the fight between Liam and Bianca I'm glad at last they finally came clean with one another, perhaps now they can support each other and get through it all. They do seem to 'lose' rooms a lot in the Bay don't they? Perhaps someone sneaks in when they have gone out and left their doors unlocked and steals them.

It took Alf long enough to finally tell Roo why he has been so off with her, when it's not her really but Sid. After all Sid does have a rep, not as bad as it used to be, but maybe it's just when it gets too cosy, he gets cold feet. His final remark did seem to make her stop and think, does she really love him or just think she ought to.

Personally, I'd say it's very in character for Brax to use threats and violence to get his own way, it was only last week he was punching his own brother down a sand dune just to make a point. I did think when I first saw yesterday's episode that Mick was working off his own back until that whispered conference with Brax.Looking back...the whole thing didn't seem to start until Brax saw Bianca talking to Charlie at the station.It's possible that Brax just wanted Mick to give Liam and/or Bianca a scare and Mick interpreted that as beating Liam up but I think he was almost certainly involved somehow.

You're right, I probably didn't word my post very well. What I should have said was that if Brax was responsible for Liam getting hurt etc, it wouldn't be very consistent with the direction the writers seemed to be taking him in. Up until now he's been showing all the signs of turning his life around - walking away from the gang, helping Casey find a new home and encouraging him to stay in school and away from the RBs, building up the restaurant and strengthening ties with the community etc. To do something so cold-hearted and vicious to people he knows and likes just doesn't seem to fit, and if he was responsible I find it a bit confusing and don't really know what to make of him.

I don't know why people wonder why Xavier has no trouble getting a girlfriend:If I was a teenage girl, I'd like him.So, are we meant to assume Something Happened between him and Kelly in that hay..?

I've never wondered why he gets all the girls :P I laughed at the 'convenient hay barn', what a cliche that was :lol: Bless.

You're right, I probably didn't word my post very well. What I should have said was that if Brax was responsible for Liam getting hurt etc, it wouldn't be very consistent with the direction the writers seemed to be taking him in. Up until now he's been showing all the signs of turning his life around - walking away from the gang, helping Casey find a new home and encouraging him to stay in school and away from the RBs, building up the restaurant and strengthening ties with the community etc. To do something so cold-hearted and vicious to people he knows and likes just doesn't seem to fit, and if he was responsible I find it a bit confusing and don't really know what to make of him.

I agree Claire_Louise that the conversation between Mick and Brax before Liam's beating was the first time I've felt really disappointed in the character. It seems very likely that he did condone/order Mick to do it and there really are no excuses/justifications for this one - it's just downright nasty. Realising his proximity to this type of violence has been eye-opening for me and I think it would be for Charlie too. I think the writers are trying to portray Brax as a complex character, but I hope they don't make us lose all sympathy for him in the process.

Poor Liam, he's pretty brave to still be determined to testify. He and Bianca have got so many problems right now and I like the way they are portraying their relationship so realistically - they obviously still care a lot about each other, but can't get past all that's gone on.

I think something did indeed happen in the hay. Only hope they didn't traumatise the horse.
LOL - Kelly and Xavier were really sweet though

I don't know why people wonder why Xavier has no trouble getting a girlfriend:If I was a teenage girl, I'd like him.So, are we meant to assume Something Happened between him and Kelly in that hay..?

I've never wondered why he gets all the girls :P I laughed at the 'convenient hay barn', what a cliche that was :lol: Bless.

You're too old for him RR! I'm not surprised that Xavier can get girl friends, but why can he not keep them for a while. That's his 5th one now and always gets so heartbroken when they break with him. Course something happened in the hay; that why he said that he'd like to do it again, and Kelly said "not that". She was talking about horseriding, I think.

She seems a nice, gorgeous, uncomplicated girl, with no history that we know of yet, so perhaps Xavier can hang onto this one, if mummy lets him. How about Gina throws Kelly out and then Xavier (he is over 18) gives up his HSC and goes to live on the remote farm with her?

Archived