Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I don't know why people wonder why Xavier has no trouble getting a girlfriend:If I was a teenage girl, I'd like him.So, are we meant to assume Something Happened between him and Kelly in that hay..?

I've never wondered why he gets all the girls :P I laughed at the 'convenient hay barn', what a cliche that was :lol: Bless.

You're too old for him RR! I'm not surprised that Xavier can get girl friends, but why can he not keep them for a while. That's his 5th one now and always gets so heartbroken when they break with him. Course something happened in the hay; that why he said that he'd like to do it again, and Kelly said "not that". She was talking about horseriding, I think.

She seems a nice, gorgeous, uncomplicated girl, with no history that we know of yet, so perhaps Xavier can hang onto this one, if mummy lets him. How about Gina throws Kelly out and then Xavier (he is over 18) gives up his HSC and goes to live on the remote farm with her?

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why people wonder why Xavier has no trouble getting a girlfriend:If I was a teenage girl, I'd like him.So, are we meant to assume Something Happened between him and Kelly in that hay..?

I've never wondered why he gets all the girls :P I laughed at the 'convenient hay barn', what a cliche that was :lol: Bless.

You're too old for him RR! I'm not surprised that Xavier can get girl friends, but why can he not keep them for a while. That's his 5th one now and always gets so heartbroken when they break with him. Course something happened in the hay; that why he said that he'd like to do it again, and Kelly said "not that". She was talking about horseriding, I think.

She seems a nice, gorgeous, uncomplicated girl, with no history that we know of yet, so perhaps Xavier can hang onto this one, if mummy lets him. How about Gina throws Kelly out and then Xavier (he is over 18) gives up his HSC and goes to live on the remote farm with her?

Personally, I'd say it's very in character for Brax to use threats and violence to get his own way, it was only last week he was punching his own brother down a sand dune just to make a point. I did think when I first saw yesterday's episode that Mick was working off his own back until that whispered conference with Brax.Looking back...the whole thing didn't seem to start until Brax saw Bianca talking to Charlie at the station.It's possible that Brax just wanted Mick to give Liam and/or Bianca a scare and Mick interpreted that as beating Liam up but I think he was almost certainly involved somehow.

You're right, I probably didn't word my post very well. What I should have said was that if Brax was responsible for Liam getting hurt etc, it wouldn't be very consistent with the direction the writers seemed to be taking him in. Up until now he's been showing all the signs of turning his life around - walking away from the gang, helping Casey find a new home and encouraging him to stay in school and away from the RBs, building up the restaurant and strengthening ties with the community etc. To do something so cold-hearted and vicious to people he knows and likes just doesn't seem to fit, and if he was responsible I find it a bit confusing and don't really know what to make of him.

I kind of take your point but I'm not sure I agree.Yes, he does seem to be trying to move away from that life but it's obviously not as simple as that and he's not going to suddenly be a different person overnight because he's left the River Boys.(Well, nominally.)He's always been charming, cared about his family and been charitable at times, but the other side of him who orders beatings without a second thought has always been there.If he sees the River Boys as his friends rather than cannon fodder, then we know he's ordered Brodie and Pee Wee beaten up for crossing him and even last week he was willing to let Heath cop a beating from Jake until he found out he intended to kill him.I think the problem viewers might have is that Brax seems to have had someone we know and like beaten up:To Brax, Liam's a casual acquaintance at best.

Today's ep!I can kind of see Roo's point, Sid and Dexter did seem to be taking her for granted a bit at the moment.She's probably right that it was too early for her to move in, although she probably should have thought a bit more before moving out without knowing where she was going.Shame Sid had to pull out of her date.Alf seems to be sliding back into my good books again, he was pretty sympathetic and supportive here.Roo really doesn't know to wrap a roast in foil?What's she been eating for the last twenty years?Easy to forget this is the first time we've seen Indi and Dexter together since she was vowing to have a go at him for going after Xavier's girlfriend.Guess she did it when we weren't looking.Her dropping round the house for some books felt a bit random but Romeo's words do seem to be having an effect.His plan for personalised picnics is actually a pretty good idea.More workable than bungee jumping.

Gina did it again with her "Whatever you're doing, keep doing it."Boy, she can be clueless at times. Kelly was right to make Xavier 'fess up, hopefully she'll be a good influence.And John seems to be a good one on Gina, again she reacted a lot better than I was expecting.April again seemed to demonstrate a hint of jealousy on learning Xavier and Kelly are a couple and she was pretty quick to sing his praises...

I know, Brian, I was only teasing.

I liked Romeo and Indi going off on the romantic cruise that Roo and Sid were supposed to. That is a brilliant idea of his to do the romantic cruises, especially being called Romeo. No one will believe his name :lol:

Yes, the Walkers were taking Roo for granted. I suppose Marilyn just fitted perfectly into 'wife and mother' mode, but Roo is a different character, obviously.

For the first time I saw April and Dex looking like a couple!

Agree Red, Kelly does appear to be a good influence on Xav, he actually told Gina the truth, definitely a sign he is growing up. That obviously went a long way in Gina being OK with it as she herself told Xav. I dare say John had his input as well. Not sure why Gina feels Kelly should tell her mother what happened, how old is Kelly supposed to be, surely old enough to sleep with a guy! Kind of liked that girly chat between April and Kelly about Xav, did you notice her looked round and saw them, he was out of the water pretty quick. :D

Roo doesn't seem to do domestic very well, maybe for herself or on occasions for others, but not as a regular thing. As for what she has been eating for the past twenty years, not a lot, going by the size of her. I don't suppose it was deliberate they took her for granted, it was her idea to do a roast after all. As far as I can remember before Marilyn moved in it they all seemed to muck in and Indi wasn't the best cook out of all of them. Maz has always been the home maker type. Roo (if she sticks with Sid) had better get used to him being late/delayed/doing an extra shift, don't forget he is the only doctor at the hospital when any emergency occurs. :wink:

Is Indi thawing in her attitude towards Roo, she seemed quite civil to her when she called round? How lovely was that dinner Romeo and Indi had, so romantic. :wub: Very good idea of his for the romantic picnics/dinners. Alf could still arrange his fishing trips and they could work around each other.

I think you have hit the nail on the head Red (sorry) re Brax and his alleged implication in Liam's beating. His punishment of the RB's if they broke their rules is one thing, they would have known what to expect when they 'signed up'. But Liam, to use gangland speak, is a civilian, though maybe in their eyes as he was a 'customer' of Heath's he's not entirely innocent.

Agree Red, Kelly does appear to be a good influence on Xav, he actually told Gina the truth, definitely a sign he is growing up. That obviously went a long way in Gina being OK with it as she herself told Xav. I dare say John had his input as well. Not sure why Gina feels Kelly should tell her mother what happened, how old is Kelly supposed to be, surely old enough to sleep with a guy! Kind of liked that girly chat between April and Kelly about Xav, did you notice her looked round and saw them, he was out of the water pretty quick. :D

Gina asked Kelly last week how old she was and she said 17.

Alf's episode count this week:Four.Roo was also in four.Miles was in two but only spoke in one of them.

Positive things in today's episode:Marilyn.Yes, it's reached the point where Marilyn counts as a positive.I wasn't too keen on her in that episode:Her barely concealed gloating over Roo and Sid having problems was less compassionate as Elijah seemed to think and more patronising.But at least Marilyn is a character who belongs in Home and Away.Alf really does seem to have got over his blip at the start of the week, I loved the way he seems to have been railroaded into having both Roo and Marilyn staying with him.Morag was on fine form, so it's a shame she's gone.And I loved that scene between Sid and Roo.This is what an adult relationship is like, two mature people working out what they want from each other.And going on dates.

But then there's Charlie and Brax.I haven't been this thankful of the three episode rule since the dark days of late 2008/early 2009, when my enjoyment of an episode was inversely proportional to how much of Aden and Belle there was in it.And this is far worse.Go back just two or three years and a character like Brax would have been a visitor to the show, someone there to cause trouble and get his comeuppance.That scene at the end where he basically confesses his crimes to Charlie would have seen her slap the handcuffs on him and pack him off to jail.Instead, she doesn't even seem to notice.Brax has to be the biggest scumbag ever to have been made a main character.And Charlie really is just too stupid to live.On past experience, she'll be back in bed with him within a couple of weeks.

What Roo and Romeo feared has come true, there home has become a base of operations for the River Boys, like someone lost the set for the restaurant.Joyce, who looked like he had a bit of intelligence at first, is as incompetent as the rest of the police, dragging Brax down the station so he can tip him off that someone's reported him and get laughed at and treating it like an achievement. Heath is written like he's a threat when it's clear he's a nobody compared to Brax.Ruby and Casey's break-up comes out of nowhere and is so melodramatic that I just found it impossible to relate to or care about, it was just too divorced from the world the show should inhabit.(Which is a shame since it nearly reinforces that their "The two of us against the world" attitude, whilst fine when their biggest threat is Xavier, is useless against the River Boys.)

I just can't bring myself to care anymore and the throw forward for next week was utterly appalling. Looking forward to two more episodes without this travesty.

But then there's Charlie and Brax.I haven't been this thankful of the three episode rule since the dark days of late 2008/early 2009, when my enjoyment of an episode was inversely proportional to how much of Aden and Belle there was in it.And this is far worse.Go back just two or three years and a character like Brax would have been a visitor to the show, someone there to cause trouble and get his comeuppance.That scene at the end where he basically confesses his crimes to Charlie would have seen her slap the handcuffs on him and pack him off to jail.Instead, she doesn't even seem to notice.Brax has to be the biggest scumbag ever to have been made a main character.And Charlie really is just too stupid to live.On past experience, she'll be back in bed with him within a couple of weeks.

What Roo and Romeo feared has come true, there home has become a base of operations for the River Boys, like someone lost the set for the restaurant.

Yes yes yes! The voice of reason.

Archived