Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had to skip some of the posts as I don't want to know what happens in Neighbours.

Anyway, I'm not sure I liked Xavier, Kelly, Dex and April hanging out. Something to me just didn't seem right about it. The scene where April missed one of the shots when they were playing pool and Kelly cleared up made me wonder whether the writers were maybe trying to subtly suggest something i.e. Kelly is an upgrade from April. Let's face it April was living at Gina's with Xavier too but that didn't work out whereas things are working out great with Kelly and Gina holds her in extremely high regard. I thought April had a positive effect on Xavier at the beginning but with Kelly it has been even better and some of the resulting scenes (i.e. with John) have been great.

I think the stuff with Bianca last week has vastly improved. Hopefully it will remain like this for a little while rather than her being a part time rape victim.

For the second time Miles tells Elijah that someone likes him. I have to admit I found that really funny especially when he offered him two drinks instead of one. I guess the prospect of being pursued by Marilyn must be pretty daunting to both of them.

I've had to skip some of the posts as I don't want to know what happens in Neighbours.

Yes, sorry about that. I thought it was common knowledge, but I've gone back and put spoiler tags on just in case.

Great reaction of John's when he saw Dean attacking Xavier. Exactly right to protect his 'son' and throw Dean out. Apart from the fact that they discovered who Bianca's attacker is, I can't think of anything else to say about that episode.

Yesterday's episode:Whilst Avery could have been a bit more sympathetic, you could understand the futility of asking the police to look for someone who's "Average height, average build, not sure about the hair colour but he has a tattoo on his back!"Nice that Liam did his best to find him anyway and it seems it's now pretty much 100% certain it was Dean.And we also now know why he wanted the land off Kelly:He doesn't want to mortgage it, he wants to sell it.Really loved Xavier sticking by Kelly again and being proved right about Dean.I guess there's a point about tradition versus survival but Dean's duplicitous acts and resorting to violence with his sister(not to mention what happened with Bianca)mark him out as a pretty sorry individual.Loved John, after poo-pooing Xavier for most of the episode, instantly leaping to his defence.Regards April being rubbish at pool, I did wonder if the subtext was she's not as good with Dexter as a partner as she was with Xavier.I very much agree if so.

With the other storylines nicely interlinked, the Marilyn/Roo stuff felt a bit out of place.It's getting a bit tired and I kind of hope Alf's dinner works, although given how his last "Stick two people who don't like each other together" plan worked out, I'm not hopeful.

Re:Male gay couples in HA.Anyone remember Dean and Gareth?You don't?Me neither.

(Try looking under 'Silverman, Dean' in the Guest Characters section on the main site if you're scratching your head.)

Not that any of us that had Dean pegged as Bianca's attacker from the start would want to celebrate, but YESSSSSS!!! He certainly has a problem with women doesn't he, he's a real bully, wonder he treats his mum? Xavier seems to have grown up a lot lately, his advising Kelly to really think about what Dean wanted her to do and getting John to look over the contract and getting his advice, which as it turned out was absolutely the right thing to do. I agree well done John for assuming it was Dean in the wrong and chucking him out.

I know it may have seemed to Bianca Liam didn't seem to believe her about tattoo man aka Dean, but he didn't see him but did believe her, not sure the cop did though, description was rather vague. Good idea of Liam's to ask John and his staff keep a look out for him, police can't be everywhere and I guess most of the time guys would have their shirts on. It was just as well Liam had described the tatt or John wouldn't have recognised it.

Bianca got her face-to-face and Dean must have realised she had recognised him otherwise why would he try and kill her, which is how it looked to me, instead of just driving round them. As we saw Liam catches up with him, hope he doesn't lose his cool completely and takes him in or calls the cops. It looked to me that Bianca was a random victim of Dean's, could have been anyone which is very unsettling, especially as he seemed to have come prepared.

On much needed lighter moments, we had Alf, Marilyn and Roo, who both need their heads knocking together, all this one walking out when the other walked in. :rolleyes: Wonder if Alf's idea to have them have dinner together is a good idea? Hope he has some warm clothing, it might get a bit chilly. :lol::wink:

Btw congratulations to H&A for winning best daytime soap at the Inside Soap Awards. cool.gif

Right, to clarify. Pay attention everyone!

Brian, I don't mind what you do about Nurse Drew's actions,

but I would be interested to see how Neighbours handles a gay relationship. They have already implied it won't be too obvious that they are a couple

:blink:

Right, I'm paying attention, miss. Will I get lines if I don't? How do you know what Neighbours have implied?

By the way, haven't you got a better photo of Xavier/ David? he's grown up quite a bit since that one, physically and maturingly!!

Brian This is a summary of Neighbours' angle on this story, its everywhere: http://pinkwire.co.uk/article.php?section_...article_id=1489

No, I haven't got a better picture of Xavier, this is the BTTB library one. Tell them to update.

I'm glad Liam realised that a biker's best weapon is a crash helmet. Dean is lucky that Bianca's boyfriend isn't Heath, cos he'd probably have killed him.

I thought Romeo was being a bit daft leaving that dinner table set up unattended like that....

Don't worry about it Miranda. I don't normally read spoilers as often like the element of surprise in soaps. TBH I'm probably not as bothered about being spoiled with Neighbours as I am Home and Away.

As I mentioned before it wasn't obvious to me that Dean was the one who raped Bianca but now it's been revealed I can see how other people thought it was trivial. I didn't really like Liam's attitude towards Kelly but given that his girlfriend had been assaulted and he'd just seen her run over I could understand why he was like that. Again putting my objectivity cap on, April's reaction to Kelly on the beach was understandable but I actually thought she was worse than Liam and she really annoyed me. But I have been finding April annoying as of late generally anyway. I'm glad Kelly came good (assuming that she's going to make a statement against Dean) and I really liked the way Xavier, Gina and John were there for her. I'm hoping Kelly will not want to go back to the farm to help her mum and she'll stick around.

I actually quite liked the scenes with Marilyn and Roo. I liked the way Alf set them up as some attempt to get them to bond, although I didn't like the idea of them wasting food (even though it's not real). I also liked the way Alf quickly left to go with Romeo to avoid having to be stuck in the middle again.

Archived