Home and Away in the 90s

Guest xxsazxx

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2002, Alf gave an interview to Brodie about school importance and he mentioned that years ago there had been a big fire what also damaged school building. Can anybody write something about it? I can't remember it. When was it and who caused it, etc. ?

In 2002, Alf gave an interview to Brodie about school importance and he mentioned that years ago there had been a big fire what also damaged school building. Can anybody write something about it? I can't remember it. When was it and who caused it, etc. ?

He could have meant the bush fires, whilst Donald was busy protecting the school, his house burnt down, which shows how important the school was to him.

Summer Bay High was destroyed in an earthquake and had to be built again.

"Men like to have something to hold onto"

Hehehe I have that episode. Also (in the same episode i think).

Shannon storms in and slams the door.

Bert: At least we know the door's closed.

Shannon: Oh shut up!

Shannon storms upstairs.

Pippa: Did Shannon just go upstairs?

Bert: Without even touching them!

Bert was great. Lol!

Bert's just returned to NZ screens! Pippa's just gone into a coma so he's come to look after the kids. He was a great character. He was so funny! His wit was great. He always made such great comments.

If you visit the 1995 episodes on Ste's site, the house seen at the beginning of A&S wedding. It's that one that burns down.

Also on Ste's site there is a clip with Jack being rescued from a burning car by Nelson. That eventually spreads and starts bush fires.

He could have meant the bush fires, whilst Donald was busy protecting the school, his house burnt down, which shows how important the school was to him.

Summer Bay High was destroyed in an earthquake and had to be built again.

If you visit the 1995 episodes on Ste's site, the house seen at the beginning of A&S wedding. It's that one that burns down.

Also on Ste's site there is a clip with Jack being rescued from a burning car by Nelson. That eventually spreads and starts bush fires.

Yes, It was the same fire. Thanks!

Yea on New Zealand screens they have repeats and they just had the bit where all the people who lived in teepee's invaded the caravan park while Shannon was there and she was stressing over it and Bert turned up and had them all cleaning the house. He is great. Shannon and Selina were great characters and both really strong actresses - I really liked the fact that their relationship had built up over the years - unlike some friendships where people move to the bay and suddenly are best friends (take Martha and Tash for instance). I also liked Joey especially when he first moved there and Tiegan arrived. He just seemed so innocent but he still said what he was thinking and stood up for what he believed in. In New Zealand they also just showed the bit where Irene had her birthday but Baby Paul was missing and Selina said about having lunch with her family (her and Joey). I thought they made a great family (much like when Will, Hayley and Nick all lived with Irene).

Just watching the old episodes at the moment. Burt just reversed into Don's mother's car, got out and called her a "stupid, idiotic woman." He's classic. He's off out on a date with her now. These are fantastic episodes! I'm loving watching them.

The repeats are great. I have never seen them so I finally get to fill in the gaps about things on home and away and how some characters got together or left. And Lachie is very cute (I had never seen him before). The only problem is when I know that some of my favourite characters are going to leave or die. I think the saddest part is now that Jesse and Chloe are having some moments together and I know that in the end he accidently kills her.

Archived