Omnibus IS returning

Guest george

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the collum on the Five Site:

It's the news you've all been waiting for: the Home and Away omnibus is coming back!

Remember when the world was young and Five used to show an entire week's worth of your favourite Aussie soap on a Saturday morning? Wasn't it blissful? Yes, it was. And now you can get that feeling back. The Home and Away omnibus will be back on your screens this October when our brand spanking new digital channel Five Life begins broadcasting. Hooray!

Not only will Five Life show the best soap omnibus in the universe, it will also feature new episodes of Home and Away before they air in their usual slot at 6.00pm, weekdays, on Five. You'll get another chance to see some classic Home and Away episodes too. How amazing does that sound?

Five Life will be available, for the bargain sum of no pounds, on Freeview, satellite and cable. It starts on Sunday the 15th of October.

Besides all the sun-kissed Home and Away extras mentioned above, Five Life is going to show top-notch entertainment like the award-winning Ellen DeGeneres Show, another red hot Aussie drama named Love My Way, and loads of extra footage from the forthcoming second series of Make Me a Supermodel. It will be very, very good indeed. We'll bring you exact details of what's on when a little nearer the time.

While we're spoiling you, let's mention our other new channel, Five US, which will start gripping the nation on Monday the 16th of October. It'll feature the cream of the crop of American television. So that's something else for you to look forward to!

Why do I get the feeling that 'classic' will mean 2001...

I'm sure before now that Five have said that ITV still own the rights to the episodes they showed, unless they've bought them from them then it won't be very 'classic'

I was wondering about when we will see the episodes,i thought maybe it was like E4,they show the next days episode on E4 after they show that days episode on channel 4..

I think i would probably watch both anyway :P

Archived