Jack Holden a.k.a Paul O'Brien

Guest ~Angel~

I love the character Jack Holden :wub: he is so sweet, loyal, funny, adorable and of course very good looking!!! He is also a really good cop but there was a few times he did the wrong things or the person he loved, which is kinda sweet too.

It was heartbreaking when Sam broke his heart because it shattered his world and I think him and martha are made for each other.......

but lots of credit given to Paul for portraying this role so well, his got great actor skills and I find myself feeling Jack;s pain and happyness too.... :wink:

JAck is currently my fav character!!!!!! ^_^

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Traditionally fainting was caused by tight-fitting corsets cutting off the flow of oxygen and circulation around the body, and poor diet, including periods of starvation and a lack of iron. So women used to faint a lot because they were already on the verge of doing so half the time when they received a shock, such as a marriage proposal. I think that it's now carried over into popular culture that women who are virtuous and innocent will faint when things are too much for them. It may even be a psychosomatic thing, where people think they are expected to faint in a shocking or stressful situation and so they do. Of course, people suffering from poor circulation, low iron, and lack of oxygen can faint anyway... and I think the increased heart rate from the shock of a proposal would be a fair trigger for that. Then there is the "fight or flight" factor, where your body chooses to either stand and fight or run away - some people translate the "run away" response as "pass out so I don't have to deal with this." Fascinating what you can cobble together from documentaries and such.

(You see how bored I am?)

I'm playing Pokemon, but I've been throwing pokeballs at the same pokemon for about half an hour... It's mindless repetitive stuff... Needs to be done, but so very very boring...

I'd much rather be talking to you nice people :P

Archived