What if...?

Guest Nathan

This is an interesting topic.

Even though we all know it was Dani who inadvertedly started off a chain of events that led to the ZoeStalker storyline, I had never actually thought about how the storyline itself would have turned out if Dani had never left.

I'm not a Dani hater by any means, but I do think she hogged a lot of screen time (like most of the Sutherlands) so to be honest I am glad the stalker storyline focussed on Sally as she was long overdue some attention from the writers.

But if Dani had been there I imagine much of the storyline would just have been the same, all the things that happened to Sally would have happened to Dani... the writers don't care these days about the characters and how their histories, personalities, and storyarcs can have interesting effects on storylines. They just care about making them fall off ladders and getting tied up in old factories.

So as much fun as it could be to speculate how Zoe could have played on Dani's insecurities, such as her rape, or her time in prison, or her bad luck with men, I doubt any of that would have happened. The storyline would have been pretty much the same.

Although.... if Dani had been around during that storyline, I think I might have seriously suspected her of being the stalker herself.

I think Zoe was after revenge on anyone, she wanted anyone and everyone to pay for Sarah's death.

I think Peter was her main target - he was the one investigating Sarah, the others were just coincidentially involved.

I don't think Dani would have been the target. After all, Sarah didn't know who had killed Felix so she wasn't necessarily after Dani. I don't think Dani would have been a main target, maybe she would have been focussed on by the writers but Zoe would have been after anyone in her way. Maybe she would have befriended Dani and not Hayley though, and maybe Zoe would have gone out with Scott and not Kim, to get revenge on Dani.

Surprisingly, Hayley wasn't more affected that one of her friends was the stalker, seeing as Sarah killed Noah and Zoe was seeking revenge on Sarah's behalf. I'd have thought she would have been more disturbed...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say that Scott and Dani would have gotten married, perhaps while bridesmaid Hayley was pregnant, adding to the drama when Zoe planted a bomb at their wedding. In the chaos, no one can find Scott. Where is he?? Kidnapped by Zoe of course. It's only fair. Dani takes Sarah away, so she takes Scott away. Makes sense.

I love that idea!

Archived