Is Gypsy Nash coming back?

Guest pembie

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with that. Though I don't believe for a second Gypsy is coming back.

There have been lots of returnees for guest spots in recent years, but in the past H&A was good at bringing old characters back on a permenant basis (Marilyn, Colleen, Jesse, Steven etc). It's definately about time we had another classic character back for good. Gypsy would be perfect, but her involvement with many other past characters would make it difficult to come up with an explanation that would please all the G+W lovers.

Personally I would suggest Sam, though Duncan would be good too (two characters who members of this forum constantly like to only remember the bad sides of, so I'm expecting negative responses here). I'd love to have Sophie back too, she is very popular even with new fans who didn't see her originally, and the actress seems keen.

I always wonder why they bring in new cast and create a brand new character with back-story etc when they could just as easily bring back a past character with a back-story already known, someone we can relate to immediately as we know who they are/were.

Ste - Sam is a good choice, as he has many reasons to return, one simply being its where he calls home, where he grew up, Sally’s still there and he could move back into Summer Bay house for a while. Duncan is the same. Plus there’s a lot more I want to know about Duncan, he’s really layered and been through a few different phases.

That storyline was amazing. Robert was one of the best H&A villains ever, he was so scary!

I know, Robert was one of the best TV villans ever. I would love to see these episodes where he kidnaps Gypsy again. They were classic H&A episodes, some of today's episodes are very badly written compared to these episodes. The fact that it took them so long to find Gypsy, as she was kidnapped for what seemed like ages. Also, the reason that Robert kidnapped her (because her Dad had sent him to jail) was brilliantly done. These were brilliant H&A episodes, and the actress who played Gypsy was a great actress, and because she was a good character, you really got into the episodes. Today's episodes, such as Emily and Brad, I can't really identify with them as much , as I find that the actor who plays Brad is a bit wooden IMO. The actress who potrayed the scenes as Gypsy was brilliant, and I really loved these episodes.

If this is the case then they should just re cast her (Ella Scott Lynch anyone... she looks more like Gypsy than she would ever look like Hayley)

I think it would be wrong to re-cast a character that's already left, just for a stinit... It's like bringing a new Will in just for say two weeks... It would be a pretty stupid idea if they did that with anyone.

Anyway, as for Gypsy coming back, I doubt it.

I would love to see Gypsy come back as she was a really sassy character. One of my favourite storylines was when she was kidnapped by Robert Perez. Also, if anyone has the episode where Gypsy was kidnapped, I'd really like to see it again !.

I suspect if you wait a couple of years it might be up on BTTB!!!!

I have already waited ages! This episode was screened long before Chloe gave birth or many of the other episodes on Back to the Bay! If anyone could upload this episode on Back to the Bay when possible, I'd really appreciate it !

That storyline was amazing. Robert was one of the best H&A villains ever, he was so scary!

I know, Robert was one of the best TV villans ever. I would love to see these episodes where he kidnaps Gypsy again. They were classic H&A episodes, some of today's episodes are very badly written compared to these episodes. The fact that it took them so long to find Gypsy, as she was kidnapped for what seemed like ages. Also, the reason that Robert kidnapped her (because her Dad had sent him to jail) was brilliantly done. These were brilliant H&A episodes, and the actress who played Gypsy was a great actress, and because she was a good character, you really got into the episodes. Today's episodes, such as Emily and Brad, I can't really identify with them as much , as I find that the actor who plays Brad is a bit wooden IMO. The actress who potrayed the scenes as Gypsy was brilliant, and I really loved these episodes.

If this is the case then they should just re cast her (Ella Scott Lynch anyone... she looks more like Gypsy than she would ever look like Hayley)

I think it would be wrong to re-cast a character that's already left, just for a stinit... It's like bringing a new Will in just for say two weeks... It would be a pretty stupid idea if they did that with anyone.

Anyway, as for Gypsy coming back, I doubt it.

I would love to see Gypsy come back as she was a really sassy character. One of my favourite storylines was when she was kidnapped by Robert Perez. Also, if anyone has the episode where Gypsy was kidnapped, I'd really like to see it again !.

Does anyone know if this episode was ever released on DVD

I suspect if you wait a couple of years it might be up on BTTB!!!!

I have already waited ages! This episode was screened long before Chloe gave birth or many of the other episodes on Back to the Bay! If anyone could upload this episode on Back to the Bay when possible, I'd really appreciate it !

Personally I would suggest Sam, though Duncan would be good too (two characters who members of this forum constantly like to only remember the bad sides of, so I'm expecting negative responses here). I'd love to have Sophie back too, she is very popular even with new fans who didn't see her originally, and the actress seems keen.

Sophie would be brilliant, although it would be disappointing that they spent all that time over the will-they-won't-they relationship with Blake only for them to break up again. Any of Sally's foster siblings would fit in quite easily. Maybe Pippa could come for a visit and bring Tiegan with her?

I doubt Gypsy would come back...there's so many new characters, most of whom would have no recollection (or link with) of her. Although, I agree, it would be great if writers brought back past, popular characters (no more Scott and Hayley, please!), like they did for the 4000th episode. :)

I'm not particularly a fan of bringing back hordes of characters as they did in Episode 4000 if 3/4 may as well have been replaced by cardboard cut outs representing the actors and actresses.

Outside Blake, Sophie, Duncan and Don, the lack of screentime made their return worthless.

Bring characters back and give them something to do. Barbara and Don's relationship would have been interesting after what had happened 10 years previous, and whilst that is a storyline Home and and Away would rather forget, it happened and therefore something needs to be made of it.

Gypsy reminds me of Belle in a way (the whole feisty teen thing).

I'd be keen too if I went from soap actress to fish-and-chip shop owner!

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind Sophie returning. I would prefer Chloe but yeh... she's dead!

Archived