Jon Sivewright

Guest Adia

HotDad was at his best tonight. What a great episode! I know we've all waited a long time for Tony to get a storyline and I actually think it's been worth the wait.

I thought they did a great job with this episode. The eerie silence in the house and the separation of everyone (particularly Tony to the girls) was so authentic. I've been through this twice myself (my Mum when I was 17 and my Stepmum (whom I also adored) a couple of years ago) and it's pretty much just like that. My brother and I just kind of stuck together (especially with the second one, we'd been there before) and my Dad was in a whole different world - just like Tony was. Tony's suffered a different kind of loss to the kids and has to play a different role in the family's grieving journey. I know this is just a crappy soap but I appreciate that they are picking up on a few subtleties of this kind of story. Good job H&A, especially you, HotDad..... oh, and by the way 1800 BOD WOD... call me!!

BTW: Am I the only Aussie HotDad fan because I always wake up to pages of HotDad discussion that's happened in the wee small hours of the Aussie morning from my pals across the pond and by the time I join the discussion again it's nap time in the UK. I feel a little out of synch over here.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just about to watch episode 4402, I haven't seen it yet :o , but I'll let you guys know what I think of it!!

I don't think your the only Aussie Tony fan bodwod, I'm pretty sure there are heaps of other peeps from Australia who love Tony!! :D I guess the time difference between the UK and Oz is pretty annoying :lol:. When I'm posting on here it's probably really late or in the early hours of the morning in Oz!! :D

I've just watched episode 4402, and once again what can I say....it was sooooo sad :(. It was even more emotional then yesterdays episode (4401). Jon just blew me away in todays episode .....he was just amazing!! :D

These are my favourite Tony moments from episode 4402:

When he broke the news to Kit and Mattie

Tony in the hospital room with the truck driver

Him crying at the end of the episode after looking at the photos

Those are just a few of my favourite (sad) Tony moments from that ep. Jon deserves a gold medal for his performance, and so do the rest of the cast!!! :D

*watches episode again with an even bigger box of tissues* :(

I haven't seen it yet but it is downloading as we speak! I'm sure it will be very sad but I am so excited! :D Is that wrong?!

I'll be back!

EDIT: Freakin out here... It's taking ages to download :angry2:

It took me ages to download too, so don't worry!! Its worth the wait!

I wonder whether Tony will appear in tomorrows episode (4403)?? I hope he does, but us Tony fans have been spoilt other the last couple of episodes (not that I'm complaining :P)! I'm pretty sure that he will be in Fridays episode at least, because of the spoilers

- Amanda makes one of the biggest decisions of her life when she faces losing her business. Matilda finds herself in a life threatening situation as she struggles to come to terms with her family's tragedy.

Anyway I'm going to say it once again....what an emotional week (and we are only two episodes in) :lol: !!

I thought he did a good job of that too. Almost like he was putting off a way to say it because it sounds strange coming out of your mouth for the first time. Once it's said, it's real.

I also like how he came in the house and went straight to the fridge. He didn't want anything, it just gave him something to bury his head in.

Nice new Avatar, Coco. Makes me cry just looking at it. Most people on the board are paying tribute to Beth in their avatars, I'm paying tribute to the HotDad smile because I fear it'll be a long time before we see it again.

I finally got to see it! That was painful, waiting for it to download!

When it did I wasn't disappointed. It was Jon's finest half hour. I loved everything he did and I agree with Bodwod that the detachment from Kit and Mattie was very realistic. The scene with the driver was great as it was very un-Tony and I loved how Jack was trying to take care of him. Poor bloke :( I am disappointed that this story probably won't continue tomorrow and I have a feeling we will have to wait until Friday or Monday to see him again.

Bodwod - I don't think you are the only Aussie fan but there does seem to be a greater number of UK peopel who visit here regularly. On a weekday I am usually around between 6pm and midnight UK time which is about 3am to 9am Aus time! I would love to stay up and discuss HotDad with you Bodwod but I would never get up for work the next day! :D This time difference business is quite inconvenient isn't it?!

Ohh HotDad was in it tonight :wub: how cute when he was with Mattie at the table :wub:

I was confused for a minute there, I thought you were talking about the Aus episode, then I realised you were talking about the UK episode! He was very sweet with Mattie today the way he was looking after her and making sure she was OK. :wub:

I also like how he came in the house and went straight to the fridge. He didn't want anything, it just gave him something to bury his head in.

Yeah I though that too, it was quite sweet as well!

Nice new Avatar, Coco. Makes me cry just looking at it. Most people on the board are paying tribute to Beth in their avatars, I'm paying tribute to the HotDad smile because I fear it'll be a long time before we see it again.

Thanks bodwod! I thought I'm kind of paying tribute to Beth but also Tony as well, if you see what I mean!! :D

Todays UK episode was soooo sweet with Tony and Mattie, I love how he is always there for her :wub:.

I don't think Tony has EVER had so many scenes in one episode!!! :D

You're right Coco, I think that's the most scenes ever in an episode! It makes up for the last few weeks of giving us virtually nothing!

I'm going to let everyone into a little secret... ssshhhh.... I'm being all creative and making a Beth/Tony video which will be up tomorrow evening. I wanted it up tonight but having technical difficulties and need sleep! May have a quick scan back through tonights episode before bed though!

Archived