Friends

Guest lilaccat

That episode makes me laugh, especially at the end when they're all tired and really can't be bothered but she's dancing on the spot like come on!' lmao. And then Phoebe drops the ball and everyone gasps and Monica's like 'It's OK, she's not in the game' and then gets annoyed when they all give up! :lol:

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That episode makes me laugh, especially at the end when they're all tired and really can't be bothered but she's dancing on the spot like come on!' lmao. And then Phoebe drops the ball and everyone gasps and Monica's like 'It's OK, she's not in the game' and then gets annoyed when they all give up! :lol:

Yep, exactly like in the one with the foozball or something along those lines where her and Ross fight over who gets the ball until it's dark. :lol:

My main problem with Emily was her accent. I really hate that British characters in US TV shows have stereotypical Queen's English, posh accents.

I completely agree, I hated that. Something I've always wanted to know is when Phoebe calls Emily a British 'chippy' what does it actually mean?

My main problem with Emily was her accent. I really hate that British characters in US TV shows have stereotypical Queen's English, posh accents.

I know! I'm from England but my accent isn't like that! Like when Janice saw Chandler and went 'british' "Hi Janice, how've you been?" "Are you being british?" he didn't sound it to me!

Was the audience ever really supposed to like Emily? I can never really decide what the makers' intention was.

I don't know, but every single person I know that is a Friends fan didn't like her. :P

BTW, has anyone got the book 'Friends Til' The End - TOW All Ten Years'? It's brilliant and every Friends fan should own a copy. :D

I'm not entirely sure. I think it was a case of 'Make your own mind up'. I think they wanted the viewers to hate her, after all was anyone really going to like the person that kept R&R apart? :P but at the same time, I think they wanted us to feel sorry for her, because we always knew she was second best.

She was a horrid creature in her first scene, dripping wet and pissed off, but suddenly, she was nice as pie and she was 'marriage material'. I never could buy that.

I know! What amazes me is that she changed so quickly. It was like they wanted her to hate Rachel on sight and like Ross and to me that seemed like them taking the easy way out. It was like 'Ross would fall in love with her, but she and Rachel wouldn't ever get along' Obviously Ross would end up caught between them. Just a lame excuse to make the viewers scream because Ross should be with Rachel.

Archived