Bec's Back!

Guest ter06

Self-centered cow? Actually, i can't make my mind up for either, because she needed mto make up her mind on a guy, and it was NOT Ella's fault she was pregnant and couldn't make her mind up, thats the way she was casted. It's also not her faulkt she doesn't look much like Bec, as I hear my friends drone on about (Did I say friends?) anyway, Ella WAS a good actress, and it's not her fault she had to act like a self-centered cow, because, in a way, that just makes her sound like a better actress! Also, it would've been the same storyline if Bec played her.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Self-centered cow? Actually, i can't make my mind up for either, because she needed mto make up her mind on a guy, and it was NOT Ella's fault she was pregnant and couldn't make her mind up, thats the way she was casted. It's also not her faulkt she doesn't look much like Bec, as I hear my friends drone on about (Did I say friends?) anyway, Ella WAS a good actress, and it's not her fault she had to act like a self-centered cow, because, in a way, that just makes her sound like a better actress! Also, it would've been the same storyline if Bec played her.

I know it wasn't Ella's fault she became a bit self centred but because of the ice maiden routine i found i had little sympsthy for her, yet if Bec was still playing her she would have had more warmth so wouldn't have come across as bad. I would have been sad to see Bec go by the end but with Ella i found myself wishing they'd get rid of her much sooner. :lol:

I don't know much about this Inside Soap or whatever mag it is, but we have had conflicting reports in Aus - and you would think that we would know better as she is an Aus star and Home and Away is an Aus soap. According to the newspapers over here she has joined channel 9 and quite often they get contracted specifically to one particular network to stop them doing anything for any other network. I think i will just wait and see what happens because right now i think it sounds a bit dodgy! Like others have said as well, Bec was TV Weeks QUEEN! she was on more covers then anyone else, so i'm sure they would have splashed it around by now...

Actually no. I wouldn't mind at all if Vanessa Downing returned as Pippa. Even H&A itself has acknowledged that both actresses are part of what made Pippa special and have acknolwedged in episodes that she was played by them, by showing Vanessa in a flash back and moments later showing a close up of a photo of Pippa #2 and Michael.

Yep I know, it’s great that they do.

Ella as Hayley took away (as some people mentioned) what Bec had brought to the character, the bubbly, a bit ditzy warmth…etc although I am aware she’s basically the same in real life so she wasn’t doing much, but who isn’t with the younger cast these days? And you are spot on, Hayley was a boring character and like I said before I wasn’t ever interested in her storylines.

As far as I’m concerned Ella may as well have been playing a completely different character, because she was nothing like what I thought Hayley was about – Ella took her down a more serious kinda route – she came across as a serious person, which wasn’t Hayley.

Like I said, the kinda character Ella played would have fit in the show alongside Bec as Hayley and we definitely wouldn’t be saying ‘that’s a character clone’ because she was entirely different, in a good way ( I love those kinda characters), but not as Hayley, as a new character I would have really enjoyed her in the show. I thought Ella was amazing when she was giving birth and probably did a hell of a lot better than Bec could have done, but who knows...we didnt see it.

^ I think she meant Hayley's character. Sorry guys, but I still don't agree about Ella's Hayley being cold and miserable. Of course the two girls played her differently, and Ella's Hayley was definitely less ditzy, but as I said before, the criticisms that are levelled at Ella aren't really anything to do with her. The character of Hayley was ruined in her last year or so on the show and she lost a lot of her warmth and likeability. Of course she was going to be serious considering her cirumstances - I don't remember Bec's Hayley doing much smiling either towards the end.

The storyline is involving baby Noah...? Did he forget his teething ring when they went to Paris? Or Maybe Noah came to tell Pippa Jnr he's in love with her... Whatever it is, it musn't be a big storyline.

And I'm not even going to give my opinion with Bec returning because I think it's a load of bullcrap. Bec then Ella then Bec. Ella was way better then Bec. It's all to do with publicity and ratings, not for the good of the show.

Archived