Advice on boys

Guest ~Angel~

My Best friend has a bit of a problem. She asked if I could ask for help on this thread because she doesn't watch Home and Away and she wasn't going to bother sign up just for this...

She has a boyfriend but recently, he's been too busy playing football and ahnging with his mates to bother thinking about her and she's met this really nice guy from school and he's really nice to her and helpful and caring but now her boyfriend's older brother has given her a warning not to ever break-up with him, so she's been threatened and she's scared and she wants to break up with him becasue she doesn't see him apart from school and she's developed feelings for this new guy.

Any advice?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe she should just go directly to her boyfriend and talk to him. Big brothers can be extremely protective, maybe her boyfriend won't take such an extreme view on things...

Argh. I don't know what to do. The guy I admitted my feelings to (yes, I'm sure you all know the story by now) 'phoned me again tonight. I'd text him several weeks ago, saying that I needed space and would be in contact with him when I was ready; he text back and said that he'd respect that. So, now, he hasn't heard from me for three weeks (this is virtually the longest time we've been non-communicative in our entire friendship) and he rings tonight asking why I'm ignoring him. He just can't seem to accept that I need space. He also accused me of telling our other two friends to ignore him, because he hadn't heard from them, either. This isn't true. They just feel very angry towards him because of everything that has happened. He's turning everything back on me now that I'm not talking to him. I actually have other things going on in my life, that don't involve him, and he just can't seem to accept this. It's not like I just suddenly cut off contact with him out of the blue; I text him and explained the situation to him and he seemed okay with it. Grrr! Why do boys have to be so confusing? When he rang tonight, I just basically told him that I wasn't ready to speak to him - he'd been sending me random texts about random things that had been happening - doors smashing and snow, etc, and wondered why I hadn't been replying to him. I'm not ignoring him, per se, I just don't have anything constructive to say to him.

Sorry. Rant over*.

So wasn't he the one that turned you down and didn't talk to you for ages? So now that you need space he's asking you why ou've been ignoring him? This guy is so not worth it, Jeh-Jeh. Did I get taht right or have I lost track of your problem :unsure:

My Best friend has a bit of a problem. She asked if I could ask for help on this thread because she doesn't watch Home and Away and she wasn't going to bother sign up just for this...

She has a boyfriend but recently, he's been too busy playing football and ahnging with his mates to bother thinking about her and she's met this really nice guy from school and he's really nice to her and helpful and caring but now her boyfriend's older brother has given her a warning not to ever break-up with him, so she's been threatened and she's scared and she wants to break up with him becasue she doesn't see him apart from school and she's developed feelings for this new guy.

Any advice?

^ She could try and get her boyfriend to break up with her? That could make it worse though....just an idea

Maybe she should just go directly to her boyfriend and talk to him. Big brothers can be extremely protective, maybe her boyfriend won't take such an extreme view on things...

Argh. I don't know what to do. The guy I admitted my feelings to (yes, I'm sure you all know the story by now) 'phoned me again tonight. I'd text him several weeks ago, saying that I needed space and would be in contact with him when I was ready; he text back and said that he'd respect that. So, now, he hasn't heard from me for three weeks (this is virtually the longest time we've been non-communicative in our entire friendship) and he rings tonight asking why I'm ignoring him. He just can't seem to accept that I need space. He also accused me of telling our other two friends to ignore him, because he hadn't heard from them, either. This isn't true. They just feel very angry towards him because of everything that has happened. He's turning everything back on me now that I'm not talking to him. I actually have other things going on in my life, that don't involve him, and he just can't seem to accept this. It's not like I just suddenly cut off contact with him out of the blue; I text him and explained the situation to him and he seemed okay with it. Grrr! Why do boys have to be so confusing? When he rang tonight, I just basically told him that I wasn't ready to speak to him - he'd been sending me random texts about random things that had been happening - doors smashing and snow, etc, and wondered why I hadn't been replying to him. I'm not ignoring him, per se, I just don't have anything constructive to say to him.

Sorry. Rant over*.

^ Poor Jess he sounds kind of sucky! Do you still want him in your life? He sounds like he's sort of putting you through a lot of angst unecessarily but I understand that such a close bond is hard to let go of. You just need to try and make a decision, do you want him in your life or not? If you do then perhaps meet for a coffee or something and just try to rebuild your friendship, difficult smelly annoying situation!

my friend's boyfriend says he loves her and he doesn't want her to ever break up with him but his brother is very mena and tough and he's scared the hell out of my friend. She's going to break up with him in the nicest possible way and she's going to ask him if he could warn his brother off. Even though I think it won't work :unsure:

The brother won't touch her. Honestly, he won't.

Boys who go around making themself look tough and "hard", don't touch girls. Neither do the genuinely tough ones.

Thats the great thing about being girls. It's wrong for lads to go around hurting us, or threatening us. If he does do ANYTHING, he'll get so much stick for it.. he won't go near her again.

If he does anything, tell your friend to make a big deal out of it. Probably the line "And now you're picking on younger girls? Wow, you're tough." Would do. That'll encourage everyone else to attack him with insults, and he'll back down immediately. :)

Archived