Support Group

Dan F

Thanks for all the help guys :). I've been given antibiotics by my doctor and so far i've been able to take them, i've used milk instead of water though because they taste awful. I do feel a bit better about it now, i think it's just the thought of taking tablets that gets me. I start shivering and feel really sick, but i think that's something i'll have to work on this week, because my doctors given me the choice of taking every single tablet, or getting my lungs xrayed whilst in hospital on a drip.

I chose the tablets because i'm hoping that this will force me into better habits. I think that's why my doctor gave me the choice too - shock therapy in a way i suppose.

Anyway, thanks so much ^_^ xxx

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so you know: you should be careful using milk, some pills should not be taken with milk (or so I have heard). I think your doctor would have told you, but just be aware of it in case it says something about it in the booklet that came with the pills.

Trust me i read those booklets through so many times :). I didn't know that about milk, but it didn't say anything in the booklet about not taking it, just that i should take it with food.

For someone who hates pills i now have to take 5 a day (until the antibiotics run out) plus ibruprofen. Thanks for pointing out the milk thing though, Eli xx

If it doesn't say anything about it in the instructions, there will be no problem with taking them with milk. Since it says 'take with food', you should also be able to take it with milk, and I think the doctor would be pretty specific if not.

I hate to bother people with this, but I'm getting all down and depressed again. It's been a rough couple of weeks - I used to have down periods every two week (on or around Wednesdays), but lately I've had theme every week. I've also started to become even more obsessed with how I look and whether or not I'm obese or not - feeling guilty for eating and all.

From what i've heard from Jackie, you do seem to eat more when you are having periods but by all means don't feel guilty for eating you need to eat to keep your strength up and sometimes you need that little bit extra - i'm sure you look fine and don't look obese and Mar i'm sure your partner is totally fine with how you look, and it doesn't matter if you do get a little bigger everyone who cares for you will still really care for you so stop the worrying! :)

Hope that helps.

Marieh - I have the same problem. I have a fear of swallowing tablets. I choke and I can't even swallow them. I choked on a boilded sweet when I was young, its only natural to fear it after that (IMO) - I have to take disolving tablets. Its the only way I can do it. And Im 23 years old so your not the only one darling!!!

Its funny - I can swallow others things, like sweets (which are bad for you) but not tablets (which make you better). Make that one out!!!

Archived