Support Group

Dan F

Yeah...

What has really been bothering me lately is that I've written kinda a lot of my LJ, in the filter for those who wish to know about my problems, because, well, things have been bad. And this girl/woman, who lives in the same city as me, and I guess you can call her a friend, has been going on and on and on on how I should get help now even though I've said, in numerous posts, how I can cope on my own for the time being, and that I am not ready. So, when I told her that writing this time and time again won't help she got really bitchy. She claimed to have seen me grow worse, and I wonder why, since we meet maybe once a month and never talk about stuff like that.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merc - Listen your the only one who knows when you need help... And if you feel as though you can cope on your own for now then thats your choice. It sounds as though she is trying to help - But I think she's pressuring you a bit to much. Take it all in your stride mate... And if she's being bitchy just ignore it. You know your own abilities on how to cope no one else... Point that out to her as you don't want to argue and lose her as a friend cause you never know when you might need her.

Can you access the Connexions website. I know it's UK based, so i don't know if it will work. Here's the address - Here - and if you go to Connexions direct, you should be able to talk to an adviser online, without having to give your name if you don't want. (Like i say though, i'm not sure how it works outside the UK) xxx

Not sure if anyone really cares, but I finally mustered up the courage to e-mail the uni-psychologist about the available spots in the groups psychotherapy-thingie.

That's awesome merc! I'd never be brave enough to do that in a million years! Well done, keep it up and keep being brave!

Not sure if anyone really cares, but I finally mustered up the courage to e-mail the uni-psychologist about the available spots in the groups psychotherapy-thingie.

Not meaning to sound corny, but I'm proud of you. I know it's something you've been wrestling with for a long time, so it must have taken a lot of courage. You should be really pleased. :)

Archived