Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lately one of my good friends has been trying to create arguments with me. I would say something that I thought was correct and she would immediately try to prove me wrong. My other friends have noticed it too. And if I get slightly mad she goes to me Megan settle down! And shes getting more mad when she says that. I got so upset about it at lunch I didn't eat my lunch and I sat there in silence and when she asked me what was wrong I couldn't speak. Tears were coming to my eyes so I got up and ran. I'm emotional and my friend knows that, as I was running away my other friend came after me and tried to comfort me. I told her why I was upset and left to go for class. My other friend (one arguing with me) went up to her and asked me what was wrong. And she said 'what's wrong with Megan?' and my friend said 'I don't know if she wants me to tell you' and my other friend (arguing one) got mad at my friend. I went up to my friend (arguing one) and asked her to talk to me, I explained to her why I was upset and she just didn't want to hear it. And left without saying good bye. I got really worked up about and I was about to cry, one of my other friends came up to me and said 'are you ok Megan?' and I started to cry, one of my other friends came running up to me and she doesn't like the girl I'm arguing with and she doesn't like her. And she was hugging me then my friend (arguing one) walked past and said 'God! why did you have to drag her into this!?' and stormed off. I'm not mad at my friend I'm more upset but yet she's mad with me and I wasn't doing anything. :(

Lately one of my good friends has been trying to create arguments with me. I would say something that I thought was correct and she would immediately try to prove me wrong. My other friends have noticed it too. And if I get slightly mad she goes to me Megan settle down! And shes getting more mad when she says that. I got so upset about it at lunch I didn't eat my lunch and I sat there in silence and when she asked me what was wrong I couldn't speak. Tears were coming to my eyes so I got up and ran. I'm emotional and my friend knows that, as I was running away my other friend came after me and tried to comfort me. I told her why I was upset and left to go for class. My other friend (one arguing with me) went up to her and asked me what was wrong. And she said 'what's wrong with Megan?' and my friend said 'I don't know if she wants me to tell you' and my other friend (arguing one) got mad at my friend. I went up to my friend (arguing one) and asked her to talk to me, I explained to her why I was upset and she just didn't want to hear it. And left without saying good bye. I got really worked up about and I was about to cry, one of my other friends came up to me and said 'are you ok Megan?' and I started to cry, one of my other friends came running up to me and she doesn't like the girl I'm arguing with and she doesn't like her. And she was hugging me then my friend (arguing one) walked past and said 'God! why did you have to drag her into this!?' and stormed off. I'm not mad at my friend I'm more upset but yet she's mad with me and I wasn't doing anything. :(

I probably shouldn't give this advice as I am too much of a chicken to follow it myself...

I have a friend (read my previous post about it) who has become almost like that. She will argue everything I say. If I say I like a song she will say it's too old, too slow, too fast etc etc etc.

My advice: TALK TO HER.

Tell her how you feel, if she doesn't understand... well here's what I did, but please think the next part through, because it might not be a good idea at all, I don't know.

I tried talking to my friend (okay, maybe not so chicken the first time) but she wouldn't listen, and I didn't have the guts or the urge to try again.

The biggest problem between the two of us is that we are very different, and she doesn't respect me for who I am (or so I feel) and I decided that if she can't respect me for the geeky, partly emo, twisted and weird person I am, then she better start looking around for a new friend, because I think I deserve to have friends that actually likes me for me, and makes me feel good about myself. I have just slowly started to cut her out, but as I said, I am not sure if it is a good advice.

This brings me to my sub-problem. I did something I really regret.

Wednesday I usually go out with my guy friends and eat kebab. Sometimes my friend Nat (nothing wrong with her!) goes with us.

So she was this Wednesday, but this time my other friend (the one I'm cutting out) also asked to come. I have just started saying "ask they guys" whenever she or Nat asks, because they can't stand each other, and if I say yes to both my friend will get mad because "I invited Nat and all the people she doesn't like" (she barely likes anyone)

So this time she just said "I'm going with you" instead of asking, and I was like "Yeah, sure whatever..."

Then I went to talk to Nat about something else, and by the time we got to the kebab place I realised she wasn't with us.

She didn't show up at all, I don't know whether it was because I was so hesitant (is that a word?!!), because Nat was going or simply because or something, but bottom line was she didn't go.

Now she has really changed, and all her other "friends" think so too. We ran into them (utual friends) at the kebab place, and started talking. Now one thing lead to another, and we started talking about her. We talked about how we don't like her anymore, and what we didn't like about her, things she had done etc.

I really regretted doing it afterwards (I'll get back to that) because I don't know if I can trust all the people who heard us/joined the conversation.

I know I shouldn't have done it as I'm supposed to be one of her best friends, but I did.

Yesterday she wasn't in school, but she was back today. It didn't seem like she had heard anything about it at all, but I'm worried she will.

Now the problem (and my amain reason for feeling bad) is that if she finds out she will confront me, and I can't say sorry! I mean, I know that I made a mistake, and I shouldn't have talked about her like that, but I can't apologise for the things I said, because I meant every word!

I could say I'm sorry that I talked about her instead of to her, but then again that wouldn't be good either, because I have tried talking to her about it.

Any suggestions?

Please don't think I'm an evil ice-queen with no heart and a soul of a plastic bag filled with cold water...

Archived