Support Group

Dan F

I feel terrible. My Friends are making me feel terrible. Well, it isnt terrible. It might be over soon. But I'm feeling so useless atm. Basically I was really moody in School today, I'v had rather disturbing Period Pains so I wasnt exactly feeling too bright and bubbly. My 'Friends' misunderstood and thought they'd done something. We had a row and a fight. (Ended up in a Detention btw) It was terrible, my Best Friend just started attacking me? They also did a bit of horrible name calling (Including the Words 'Slut', 'Bitch' and 'fat')

I feel dreadful, totally useless.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kat, I'm sure your friends will understand if you explained the reason for your moodyness. They must have had a few days where their period was dreadful and they were being cows. Even I have my days... :ph34r:

And don't mind the name calling. Calling someone a Slut, a bitch and fat is just a way of making themselves feel better. I know that sounds harsh, but it's the truth..... (in most cases). I'm sure you're neither of those things. :)

I agree with Cal, Kat. Name calling is a very easy way to make yourself feel better, and a lot of times it doesn't mean anything really. As long as they use simple insults like that there's probably nothing in it at all, it's not personal insults, just a desperate grab for an insult :P

And Cal, I had no idea you got all cow-ish during your period :lol:

And Cal, I had no idea you got all cow-ish during your period :lol:

Well, I kinda get pissed off because of the tablets I have to take and all the stuff that goes with it. They have made me get really bad Acne, which I've never had before. I'm on anti-biotics for it. It should go in 5 weeks. So yeah, they are my moody days. :P

Not needing support myself right now, just wanted to report back that I've been on 5-HTP for 8 days, and haven't had a real down in these days.

That's really good news, Mar! :)

Though its more than that. Is it normal that your Best-Friend you know for 12 Years attacks you? I know all those things, but it makes me feel horrible seeing as I know them practically since Play-School

Well, I had a friend that I knew for 13 years and he ended up being a real prick in the end. I never talk to him anymore. He spread horrible rumors about me and got all my other friends involved. After the rumors being spread, I lost those friends because they chose to believe him and not me. What I'm trying to say is, Maybe this is what she is really like?

Yeah, my best friend lived along the road from me and we were closer than close our whole lives. Then one day I took in some photos from a party, she laughed at them with everyone else, then suddenly I found out she'd been telling everyone I photoshopped the pictures cause I was a total cow with no real friends!! So now we don't talk and I have friends I know I can trust ( at least, i hope I can lol!)

People like that really aren't worth your time - and although it hurts now, because you trusted her, it's much better to find out so you can deal with it and get on with things. And trust me, there are PLENTY of nice people out there - and I bet they'd love to be friends with you any day :)

Though its more than that. Is it normal that your Best-Friend you know for 12 Years attacks you? I know all those things, but it makes me feel horrible seeing as I know them practically since Play-School

Well yeah...but when you were in pre school together..neither of you were teenagers who suffer with PMT...as you grow older your views and opinions on all sorts of things change and develop...and you don't like the things ..or the people ...you liked as kids...and sometimes you like things you did not. I HATED sprouts as a kid...they are now my favourite veg :P

And I thought you were cool Frankie....sprouts? Yuck!

Kat have you considered that maybe your friend was having a bad day too? usually when arguments blow up out of nothing its because both parties are on edge.

Mar thats great news. You've seemed so much happier recently. :)

^^A few years ago one of my best friends and I went through this phase where there was a lot of going-along-with-what-the other wanted. There were so many issues that were to do with us growing apart, making new friends and being interested in different things, yet we still hung out together all the time. It was madness, but that was the way it was when you're in a tight bunch.

We dealt with it by calling each other a lot of names and saying the most horrible things we could think of, baisically anything that would make the other person feel totally crap and ourselves feel so great. We never ever talked about what was bothering us, not even once and there was a lot of acting wierd and going out of our ways to avoid each other.

Eventually the war of the words just faded out and somehow we are still as close as ever. But it's not always like that with everyone. Growing apart from people and making new friends is apart of growing up and there is no avoiding it.

Try talking to your friend, you might just find that she too was having a bad day. If that isn't the case, don't worry about going out there and making new friends. And don't worry about loosing the friend you mentioned either. Im not saying it won't upset you or anything, but you should just focus on the good times you've had and the ones that you will have whether that be with her or new friends.

Archived