Come What May

Guest -ParaisGal-

Brilliant writing Paris!

I loved how Tony was being all supportive of Mattie and gees, that Jessica is a cow! I hope Ric gets some sense knocked into him soon. AAAAAnd I am so glad they found Kay.

Update soon!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Twenty Six.

“Burger with the lot.” Leah slammed Ric’s food in front of him, storming off. It was three months since Danae-Lea’s birth, and Ric had been bearing three months of hatred.

He gritted his teeth, looking at Jessica then picking up his burger wordlessly. One person in the diner was Beth Hunter, someone who had turned on him the worst. The people he hadn’t expected to turn on him were his grandfather, great aunt, and cousin, but they all turned the worst “This is getting worse.” He muttered, taking a bite of his burger.

“Don’t let the pressure get to you Ric. Like you said, it’s your choice if you have anything to do with the baby.” She assured him

Beth glared coldly at them, before rising and walking towards their table “Aren’t you even going to go and meet your daughter? You haven’t said a word to Matilda about her, and I think that’s pretty selfish.” She said, looking harshly at them “She’s gone through so much to bring this baby up well and you don’t give a damn about your own child, your flesh and blood. What does that say about you Ric?” She questioned him “It’s not too late to know your daughter.” She finished, heading back to her table.

Matilda headed into the diner, pushing the pram in slowly, and smiling at Leah as she sat at a table, and pulled Danae out into her arms, holding her close. She sighed when she saw Jessica, Ric and her mother in the diner, and decided it was best to ignore them. She held Danae tightly in her arms, making sure the baby was secure “Matilda.” Came a quiet voice, and she looked up to see her mother, standing nervously near her “Mum.” She said, stunned.

“Hi.” She said awkwardly.

“Hi.” She said slowly “What’s going on?” She asked suspiciously.

“Nothing.” She sighed, sitting down “I just realised what a fool I was to judge you by the fact you were pregnant.” She said, putting her head in her hands.

Matilda put Dani in her pram quietly, hoping the baby wouldn’t cause a fuss. She looked at her mother “If you even think that I could forgive you after these past nine months then you are sadly mistaken. Stay the hell away from me and my daughter. We’re better off without some people.” She said “Now I’d appreciate it if you’d leave my table.” She said coldly.

-----

“Hi.” Beth said to Tony, nervously. He was another person she’d had to approach, knowing that he’d barely spoken to her, even though they’d lived in the same house, it had been The Hunters/Holden’s vs. Beth.

Tony glanced at her, nodding.

“Alright, I’ll just say this quickly. I’ve come to my senses that Mattie is old enough to handle a baby, and I know other people did it at her age, and I realise that I should have trusted Mattie’s judgement. She wouldn’t have taken on a baby if she couldn’t have handled it.” She finished.

“You know a simple apology isn’t going to solve it all?” Tony asked her “You hurt Mattie so much.”

“I know, and what I did was inexcusable, and I really hate this.” She continued “Could I have another chance?” She asked him, biting her lip nervously.

“I guess. But you’ll have to work for it.” He said finally.

“Thank you.” She said, giving him a small smile.

-----

“I heard mum approached you the other day.” Mattie commented, looking at Kit as they sat in Mattie’s bedroom. Kit had managed to get up for the day, to the Bay.

“Yeah she did.” Kit agreed cautiously, not wanting to go too deeply into that conversation.

“What was it about?”

“She regretted what she’d done to you, and I know she’s approached you, so I don’t mind telling you this.” She smiled at her.

“Okay.” She nodded.

Kit looked at her watch, paling when she saw the time. She had to be back in the city within the hour, and it was a 40 minute drive “Sorry Mattie but I’ve got to go.” She said, giving her a quick hug “I can’t be too late.” She said, waving goodbye.

-----

“Prompt as always.” The manager smiled at Kit, who hurried in.

“I’m not normally this prompt.” Kit sighed.

“Well, most of the time you are.” She smiled.

“Thanks.” She grinned “Are they ready?” She asked, looking around.

“Yes, they are.” She nodded, leading Kit into a room.

“Damian, Terri, Kirin come here please!” She called to her kids, her six year old son Damian, and her four year old twins Terri and Kirin.

“Mummy!” Kirin exclaimed, hurrying over to her.

“Come on, let’s get you home.” Kit said fondly, taking Terri and Kirin’s hands.

-----

Kit sat at her couch that night, sighing. Fortunately, her kids were in bed, something she was relieved about. She had been a single mum since her boyfriend, and the twins father had walked out on her. The reason nobody knew about Damian or the twins was because he was Kim Hyde’s son, the baby she’d conceived during the crash. She turned tiredly when she heard the gentle sound of feet on the worn carpet.

“Mummy I couldn’t sleep.” He said quietly, crawling into her lap and laying in her arms.

“Why sweetie?” She asked softly.

“I had a bad dream.” He answered her, leaning into her.

“Stay with mummy awhile then.” She suggested to him, feeling him nod.

NEXT UPDATE: Will someone from the bay spring Kit with kids?

-NOTE- I'm presuming that Beth is one of a twin, and aparently, the daughters of a set of twins (Fraternal) are more likely to have twins or summat. So I decided, to go with the facts, to have her have her twins. But if I've read the wrong info, please tell me. Something like that I got outta Exploring Early Childhood, a subject at school.

Stupis beth and ric gosh i hate them OMG kit has KIDS OMG i wonder who will spring her with the kids lol :P and im glad tony stayed on matties side the whole time :D and that mattie is doing so well with the kids lol no jack an martha though :( lol :P update ASAP :)

xoxox

Great update Paris. I haven't commented in a while, but all the chapters have been fab!

Beth smells.

Ric stinks.

Kits cool.

Mattie rocks.

My say on all of it :P Oh and I want cute Jack and Martha fluff :P

Update soon, can't wait for more.

Wow! I wasn't expecting Kit to have three kids but I think that it is pretty cool. I do hope that Ric comes to see Dani and I understand why Mattie is not able to forgive Beth so easily, she was so horrible to her when Mattie was pregnant and when she needed her family the most. Great job Paris. Update soon please.

Archived