In need of help?

Guest ~Charlotte~

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back again, looking for some Estonians (hah, I realise it's the second time I've asked for help specifically from Estonians this year :P)

Some friends and I are planning on maybe taking a trip together to Estonia next summer before we all go off to college and uni. We're planning on going to a hotel/spa in Tallinn and just basically relax and have a good time, shopping, seeing Tallinn etc. But we have a few questions...

Firstly, what's the legal drinking age in Estonia? Is it 18 like in Scandinavia? And how does that work with clubs etc., could you get in places if you're 18, and do they serve drinks if you're under 21, or is it only alcopops, beer etc. that is served to people under 21 (that's how it's here) ?

Secondly, we all speak English pretty much fluently, but none of us speak Estonian at all, will this be a problem? I've heard from other people that Estonians mostly are good in English, and I assume hotels and cabs etc. won't be a problem, but in stores etc., how much of a problem is it likely to be, not speaking the language?

Thirdly, the spa is not included in the regular price for the hotel, obviously, but is spa treatment expensive in Estonia? I know it is over here, but the hotel prices surprised me in a good way, so is Estonia generally less expensive than Norway (or Sweden or Denmark for that matter)

Lastly, we've been looking around for a cheap flight from Oslo (Gardemoen or Torp) to Tallinn, and so far the best we've found is Norwegian airlines, and they were heaps more expensive than we had expected. So if anyone knows of a relieable but fairly unexpensive airline that has flights from Oslo to Tallinn and the other way around, we'd be really thankful!

Thanks in advance!

My wife and I are heading of on a 4-5 month road trip in our caravan to Darwin, Broome, Perth and back to the east coast where we live. Obviously in the larger towns we will be able to get both TV reception and wireless Internet access in caravan parks. However in large parts of the more remote areas there will be neither so we will miss large chunks of Home and Away and other Oz drams of interest.

Does anyone know of any sites where you can download episodes of Home and Away that are a reasonable size. I will be paying for relatively fast broadband internet by the hour. ( not by download volume)

My wife and I are heading of on a 4-5 month road trip in our caravan to Darwin, Broome, Perth and back to the east coast where we live. Obviously in the larger towns we will be able to get both TV reception and wireless Internet access in caravan parks. However in large parts of the more remote areas there will be neither so we will miss large chunks of Home and Away and other Oz drams of interest.

Does anyone know of any sites where you can download episodes of Home and Away that are a reasonable size. I will be paying for relatively fast broadband internet by the hour. ( not by download volume)

What would be your interpretation of reasonable size? Whoever uploads them here; they're good quality and can download them within 20 minutes (that's with fast broadband) but lately I've been watching them on youtube, saves space and all that. The ones here in the episode thread are about 175megs.

I have a question of my own; how do you take a "screen cap" of your screen on the PC... If that makes sense... Like when you capture exactly what you're doing on the computer... What buttons do you press? Not sure if there's an exact name for it...

• 4 months later...

I HELD MY SHIFT KEY DOWN TOO LONG AND IT CHANGED EVERYTHING TO CAPITALS AND SUCH> IT"S NOT STUCK< IT"S SOME SORT OF RANDOM KEY COMMAND THAT HAS NO POSSIBLE PRACTICAL USE IN ANY SITUATION AND IT"S HAPPENED BEFORE BUT I CAN"T REMEMBER HOW TO FIX IT> HELP! :(

IT"S ALSO MAKING ME OPEN INDIVIDUAL WINDOWS FOR EVERY LINK I FOLLOW! IT"S VERY IRRITATING :angry:

EDIT: Hmph. Well thank god it went away after I restarted the computer. I also found a website telling me how to disable the key command so it doesn't happen again <_<

• 5 months later...

Archived