The LOL [Learning Other Languages] thread

Guest ilovekateritchie

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate oral exams. I'm always nervous. But I've always undertood what the teacher asked me, no matter the language. So that's a good thing.

Yeah, understanding the questions was never a problem for me... it was answering them. :P

Answering the questions, that's THE tricky part. :P

I have orals next year, at the moment we're just learning the questions. How many questions per language did you have to learn, Cal?

In French, we learn quite a lot. I'd say up to 40 questions. But then with that amount learned, you can answer almost any other question. And in Irish, I'd say we learn about 20-ish. But I'm in a lower level for Irish, so it's much easier than a higher level. :)

Answering the questions, that's THE tricky part. :P

It certainly is! :P

I had my french one today....:D :D :D

It went really well, or at least I think it did! I was majorly happy coming out of the room. Only question I hadn't prepared well was the advantages of living at home next year (rather than moving out for college)....I said something vaguely correct but in the wrong tense :huh:

Yeah I went to three classes today, French and the accounting after the exam. Was way too nervous to worry bout the other stuff!

Now on to Irish........ :unsure:

I can speak Swedish and English fluently but also a little spanish, then I understand Norwegian and Danish, also a little German since some words are similar to Swedish.

I can say I love you on 6 languages. Other then English

Norwegian - Jeg elsker deg

Swedish - Jag älskar dig

Danish - Jeg elsker dig

French - Je t'aime

German - Ich liebe dich

Spanish- Tiamo

Ugh...why I took German I have know idea. It started out as the easiest language I ever learned, but then it suddenly got hard. I can't even explain why I find it complex. Perhaps it's because of it's hectic grammar. When the teacher tries to explain it I say "Was in die world?" :lol: This weekend, I'm making it my #1 priority to study German!

Archived