The LOL [Learning Other Languages] thread

Guest ilovekateritchie

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to party-poop here, but if you can just keep this other language speak free of abusive language, negative comments on ANY people's looks etc. :rolleyes:

*Runs away from rioting South Africans and Norwegians* :P

Cal, I don't think it's the negative comments you need to worry about... :P

Do you REALLY think that is the problem here? :P

Back to Afrikaans: it's like almost-dutch, isn't it? But with a little bit of French or something. Cause I can understand a lot of it! *pats her own shoulder*

Very close to Dutch... It's not like French much, only the R is pronounced the same. Almost.

Jess - Eli is too smart, eh?

I don't mean to party-poop here, but if you can just keep this other language speak free of abusive language, negative comments on ANY people's looks etc. :rolleyes:

*Runs away from rioting South Africans and Norwegians* :P

Cal, I don't think it's the negative comments you need to worry about... :P

Do you REALLY think that is the problem here? :P

Back to Afrikaans: it's like almost-dutch, isn't it? But with a little bit of French or something. Cause I can understand a lot of it! *pats her own shoulder*

Very close to Dutch... It's not like French much, only the R is pronounced the same. Almost.

Jess - Eli is too smart, eh?

She really is...

Ti voglio baciare, anche! :P Wow, you're learning such a lot of useful Italian here! I'm sure it'll come in useful someday...

Jess, just ask him to marry you and get it over with. Or I might do it. In six different languages. :ph34r:

Mar, being Norwegian is the best. And as if all the languages weren't enough, we have the best way of slicing cheese in the world. You can't even compare.

ilovekateritchie, yes, I'm smarter than her :P *hides from Jess*

Hey if anyone speaks dutch could they translate this for me ,

"I'm sorry, what was that? " .... as in like pardon, i didn't hear you.... thanks

In Afrikaans we say "Ekskuus?"

I think it would be along those lines in Dutch as well...

Thank you very much :) 'ekskuus' ill have to practise :P

Also quick question for anyone who lives in south africa. Do they speak Afrikaans in Kenya? My friend comes from there and he'd be amazed if i knew some of the language lol :D If someone could help i'd be really grateful :)

Archived