The LOL [Learning Other Languages] thread

Guest ilovekateritchie

And what are your hobbies

I'll answer too: Je n'ai aucun problème avec ma soeur parce qu'elle n'habite plus ici.

Oh! Thanks! We use the word "passetemps" instead. :)

Je ne parle pas Francais trés bien, mais je vais essayer un peu

Est-ce que tu dois parler sur quelles sujets à ton exam orale?

(okay, I swear that doesn't even make sense! You'd think I know some French after five years, but I'm not so sure - I'm sorry if that was just hilariously crappy, I didn't even use a dictionary or a verb conjugation list, this is entirely Eli-French, and that doesn't seem to be very similar to French-French. Let me know when you need Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English and I'm here )

Hehe, I understood that! Eli-French is good! :P

Cal, when did you start learning French?

French is not always easy to write. But you have an oral exam so your writing won't be a problem. :)

I started learning when I was 11, so I guess six years ago. I was never good at it, but I really enjoy learning it. :D

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what are your hobbies

I'll answer too: Je n'ai aucun problème avec ma soeur parce qu'elle n'habite plus ici.

Oh! Thanks! We use the word "passetemps" instead. :)

Ah, yes, you can use that too. passetemps=spare time loisirs=hobbies

So in the end it's all the same :P

(okay, I swear that doesn't even make sense! You'd think I know some French after five years, but I'm not so sure - I'm sorry if that was just hilariously crappy, I didn't even use a dictionary or a verb conjugation list, this is entirely Eli-French, and that doesn't seem to be very similar to French-French. Let me know when you need Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English and I'm here )

Hehe, I understood that! Eli-French is good! :P

See! I knew that! My French teacher is just stupid. Of course it's good! I don't get why she's disagrees with us :P

Ah, yes, you can use that too. passetemps=spare time loisirs=hobbies

So in the end it's all the same :P

I think the teacher used loisirs once, but we couldn't remember it so we used passetemps. :P

Cal, did you just edit the topic title, you fun-killer? I liked having two topics with the same title! <_<

:P

I had to, it was so annoying! :P

(okay, I swear that doesn't even make sense! You'd think I know some French after five years, but I'm not so sure :P I'm sorry if that was just hilariously crappy, I didn't even use a dictionary or a verb conjugation list, this is entirely Eli-French, and that doesn't seem to be very similar to French-French. Let me know when you need Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English and I'm here )

Well, I understood that. :)

I think you meant if he had to talk about certain subjects?

French really isn't easy. I still find it hard after 8 years

I'm bilingual. I've always been to a French school. So French isn't a problem.

Cal, when did you start learning French?

French is not always easy to write. But you have an oral exam so your writing won't be a problem.

I started learning when I was 11, so I guess six years ago. I was never good at it, but I really enjoy learning it. :D

It's good that you're enjoying it. Just don't be afraid to try. :)

I think you meant if he had to talk about certain subjects?

French really isn't easy. I still find it hard after 8 years

I'm bilingual. I've always been to a French school. So French isn't a problem.

Really? That's great! I wish I lived closer to Brussels or the language border. The only way to learn a language is to really use it. The times I was in France, and the exchange we had with a school from Wallonie were the times I learned the most.

Archived