Love Problems

Guest jack+martha=trooluvv

i have a bit of a problem, my best friend is a girl and she said she likes me but the problem is i could only ever like her as a friend, and not in the way she wants me to, i dont have a clue what to do because i don't want to hurt her feelings and i want us to remain best friends as we have grew up together. :(

As a girl, i think the best thing you can do is tell her straight out you're not interested in her that way, but that you value her friendship and don't want that to change.I don't suggest doing nothing because then you're allowing her feelings to grow when you know there's no chance and you'll end up hurting her more.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy :)

You've got two options that I can see,

1) Do nothing - that is, treat her like you always do and keep the appropriate boundaries in place (may not be an option if she's after a response, if she isn't she'll probably get the message)

2) Tell her the truth - you like her as a friend, you don't want to risk screwing up your friendship, you're not attracted to her that way (last one is the one of last resort - depending how emotional she is as a person she could take it badly).

The other option is to tell her you're gay...I don't think I need to go into the potential pitfalls of telling her that - especially if you're not!

The bold bit is probably your best option (it's the one that, as a girl, I'd respond best to) but unfortunately if her feelings are very strong...there may not be much you can do.

Sorry I can't be much help...good luck - you're going to need it!

As a girl, i think the best thing you can do is tell her straight out you're not interested in her that way, but that you value her friendship and don't want that to change.I don't suggest doing nothing because then you're allowing her feelings to grow when you know there's no chance and you'll end up hurting her more

thanks very much for both your help, im going to try and tell her today. (has a panic attack)

you'll be fine. Hopefully she'll appreciate your honesty. And you can remain friends after (I had two male friends tell me they fancied me in my final year of uni) didn't date either of them, but am still really good friends with them.

it would have been awkward to date one of them anyway, they were really good friends with each other

ok guys, i want to thank you so much for your help, it helped me out a LOT, i sat her down and talked about it to her and that i was really protective about our friendship and didn't want anything to come between it and she completely understood and said she wouldn't either and now were already back to the old ways, there is actually another lad she has really like for ages so i said i would help her out in asking him out :) so alls well that ends well and thank you once again for all your help.

Archived