Strictly Come Dancing '08

Guest princess_in_pink

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight was amazing full stop. The best week of the competition so far, IMO. Rachel's rumba was stunning. Austin's Tango was amazing. Jodie's Quickstep was brilliant. They said last week that Rachel being bottom 2 made them all realise they had to up their games and they all really did tonight. What an amazing night. John wasn't so great, but I'll let him off since the others more than made up for it. It was entertaining anyway. :D

After tonight, John must surely be in the dance off tomorrow, but out of all those splendid performances, who on earth is he going to be there with? I don't wanna know. :D It's exciting anyway, lets hope the high standard from tonight continues now :D

SPOILER!!!!! Resist people. I couldn't.

Cherie & James are out, after being in the bottom 2 with Lisa & Ian! The Sargent survives another week!

Tonight was brilliant. Particularly impressed with Rachel & Austin!

No way, you have got to be kidding me :angry:

I loved Rachel & Vincent last night, they were amazing. I loved when Craig said " It was lewd and indecent, but i LOVED it" :lol:

Austin and Tom were fab as usual, and a special mention to Christine & Matthew, their dance was so sweet :wub: i really don't think Christine's gets enough credit :(

Can i just say, i want Cherie's legs :P

SPOILER!!!!! Resist people. I couldn't.

Cherie & James are out, after being in the bottom 2 with Lisa & Ian! The Sargent survives another week!

:o I couldn't resist, i'm too weak! :P

Cherie & James are out!! It should have been Lisa & Brendan, i'm not really a fan of Lisa... much. I can't believe it. So Sergent's army are still in full swing and voting. I quite like him, he was actually not that bad last night. He entertains me.

:lol:

I though Austin and Tom were brilliant last night. And Rachel was amazing, it was actually a good thing that she found herself in the bottom 2 last week, it brought out the spark in her, she was always a good dancer but something was always missing. Not anymore I think. I also loved Jodi and Christine, they are both so sweet and have really improved, I was impressed with both their dances. :D

I agree, what was also amazing last night, were Cherie's legs. :P

Argh, you're all making me want to look!!!! LMAO.

I think Rachel being bottom 2 last week was what they ALL needed. One of the problems I got with Rachel until last night was that I found her so underwhelming. Her dancing was good, but the personality never seemed to come out. But she really put the passion and romance into that last night and it was superb. It obviously kicked them all into touch, because they all pulled off brilliant performances. Personally, I'd rather John & Lisa were dance off, because I completely agree with the judges leader board last night and those 2 probably were the weakest. But apparently, the public like John. :rolleyes:

Now all they need to do is keep up that standard and the rest of series will be amazing. :wub: Also, what I did like about the fact they all did so well last night is that it proves this really is anybodies game. And I'm not holding my breath on the finalists being the ones that are perhaps being made out as the most likely ones.

The rest of this series is just going to be so fantastic to watch and although I may have a couple of firm faves at the minute, I can see myself backing them ALL by the time the final comes.

And can I just say, I thought Jodie's Quickstep was one of the best QS in all the series. Many of the Quicksteps can end up looking messy because the couples look more like they run across the floor instead of sprinting, but Jodie did it amazing last night and it's defiantely up there with one of my personal fave quicksteps from the show over the years. She really is the dark horse of the competition this year and I *love* her relationship with Ian. Of all the couples, those 2 are probably my faves in terms of the personal relationship. The friendship just seems so genuine. :wub:

^^I agree this series is extremely unpredictable, in the beginning I didn't like that aspect, but know as everyone's upping their game, it's really mixing things up and making things interesting. Also Jodi is by far the most improved dancer, she's so sweet and you can see the journey she's going on, aswell as the blossoming partnership between her and Ian. I was amazed at how well she performed last night and she looked great in red too.

I'm also really liking Christine, she another down to earth girl that's improving a lot as the weeks go by. She also looked beautiful in pink.

This series is anyone's game, one foot wrong and you could be going home (apart from John, the more wrong the better in his case. :P) so they really need to work hard each week and be consistently brilliant, just to stay in the competition. You're absolutely right in that Rachel being in the bottom two, has really affected all of them, and they now know that to stay in the competition they have to deliver each week.

This week's results will probably shock them all too.

Archived