Guest maccaz

Title: Tonight Tonight

Type Of Story: Short/Medium - Two-parter

Main Characters: Aden/Belle

BTTB Rating: A

Genre: Romance

Spoilers: Some for NZ/UK readers

Any Warnings: Mentions of abuse

Summary: It's Aden and Belle's wedding day!

Aden Jeffries scrambled around to fit his tie on. He hated doing up ties - they were extremely difficult to knot at the best of times. Just then, his father, Larry knocked on the door.

"Need some help there, Aden?" Larry joked.

"Come on! I'm not a baby!" Aden laughed. Then he sighed. "Yes, I do." Larry then reached over and made the tie into a beautiful knot.

"Well, it's not choking me, so that's a start." Aden grinned. His tone grew serious. "Thanks for being here on my wedding day, Dad. It means a lot to me."

"I'm just glad to see you happy, Aden." Larry replied. "You haven't been truly happy since before...you know..." Aden nodded. The unspoken understanding of what had transpired at the hands of Aden's grandfather permeated the room.

"Yeah, about that..." Aden began. "Belle's just been so awesome and understanding about it all. I thought she'd run a mile when I told her, but it's only bought us closer together. She set me up with a counsellor and I'm making great progress. Dad...she is truly the best thing to ever happen to me." Aden and Larry embraced briefly. Larry began to rub at his eye. "I think I've got somethng in there..." he mumbled.

"You big softy!" joked Aden. Just then, he heard a knock at the door. He went and answered it - it was Geoff Campbell.

"Geoff?" Aden asked, obviously surprised by his presence on the front doorstep. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came to wish you good luck before hand." Geoff replied. "Since you're basically marrying my sister."

"Oh, what the heck." Aden grinned. "Come on in." He opened the door and let Geoff in. It was funny, Aden thought to himself. Geoff Campbell, devout Christian, was one of the last people he ever expected to befriend. But ever since, with the support of Belle, he gained the courage to open up more about his abuse, Geoff had come to realise the person that lay within Aden - at heart, a person whose morals lined up more with Geoff's then they thought - until they were corrupted by the evil force from Aden's past. They soon became friends.

"Wow, this is quite the time to get hitched, huh?" Aden joked. "Me and Belle today, you and Melody in a couple of weeks, Annie and Jai, Mattie and Ric- it's awesome."

"Yeah." Geoff replied. "Aden...we need to talk. I always thought you were a bad person after what I thought you did to Annie. But when I learned what had happened to you all those years ago-" Aden winced as the subject came up again. "-I decided to give you another chance. And I'm glad I did. You even beat up your best friend for what he did to Melody - now I understand why. But Aden - you had better not hurt Belle, or you'll have me and Irene to deal with."

"Geoff, mate." Aden began. "Belle is my life now - she completes me. I'm gonna treat her like a princess."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Belle Taylor was sitting in her room, applying make up. She stared at herself in her wedding dress - who would've thought she would be getting married to Aden Jeffries? Just then, Matilda and Cassie arrived in her room, wearing silver bridesmaid dresses.

"Well, well, well! Here comes the bride!" Cassie squealed in excitement.

"And she looks fab-u-lous!" Matilda continued.

"Thanks, you guys." Belle smiled as she hugged both of her best friends. It had been a long and rocky road to friendship for the trio - Belle had been quite the thorn in Cassie and Matilda's sides when she first arrived in Summer Bay. However, they had all resolved their differences and became friends.

"So, what on EARTH possessed you to marry Aden Jeffries?" Cassie joked.

"Well," Belle began. "it's weird - I never envisioned it going this far either. But deep down, Aden's a really sweet guy. It just broke my heart when I found out about what had happened to him - no-one deserves that." Cassie and Matilda nodded grimly - the revelations of Aden's abuse had shocked them all. "I just felt like it was my destiny to help him through it all."

Just then, Irene bustled into the room. "Mind if I steal a few moments with the blushing bride?" she laughed.

"No, not at all." Belle laughed. When Cassie and Matilda had left the room, Irene started to talk to her.

"You know, darl - when you arrived here, you were a little hellraiser-"

"Guilty as charged."

"But while you were here, you've...you've just transformed into this wonderful, mature person. Though I must admit, I did question your judgement when you started going out with Aden-"

"Who didn't?"

"-but now I can see the real Aden. What can I say, girlie - I'm proud of you."

"Well, I have you to thank for giving me a fresh start, Irene. My adopted parents stifled me. However, you gave me room to flourish, to grow - and I'll always be grateful to you."

The pair then hugged each other.

"Come on." Belle laughed. "Let's get our photo's taken before we start bawling our eyes out."

End of Part 1

Part 2 - The wedding, the reception and the honeymoon - will Aden and Belle go all the way?

Okay, here's part 2

Part 2

Outside the church in Yabbie Creek, cars stretched as far as the eye can see. They had all come to congratulate Aden and Belle. Inside the church, people were already gathering. At the front of the church stood Aden, and his two brothers Justin and Sean. They had long since Summer Bay, but had returned for their brothers' big day.

"Look at this crowd." joked Justin. "Didn't realise you were so popular, mate."

"Yeah, well, when you run away from home, you miss these things." Aden replied. A look of guilt instantly crossed Justin's face.

"Mate, I am so sorry for leaving you alone back then, if only I knew-"

"Hey, hey. It's OK. You know, Belle said that I shouldn't be mad at you. And you know what? She's right. The past is in the past - where it belongs. Now I have a wonderful future to look forward to with my soon-to-be wife."

At this, Aden and Justin hugged one another silently.

Meanwhile, Sean had walked over to one of the pews and was talking to Ric.

"Look, Ric." Sean began, nervously. "I'm sorry for beating you up way back when. I just wanted to protect my little brother, you know? But now that my brother has made peace with his past, I think I should make peace with mine." Ric just nodded, silently. He knew what he was talking about.

Melody and Geoff were discussing Aden and Belle as a couple.

"They are sort of like us, you know? No one ever expected us to get together."

"Certainly not your mother anyway."

"Yeah. Just like us, they've had to overcome adversity and opposition. Us and them are both like Romeo and Juliet."

Outside the church, the bridal limo pulled up. Cassie and Matilda spilled out of the car, giggling in excitement. "Hurry up! You don't want to miss your own wedding, do you?"

"In a minute." Belle called. She then turned to Irene.

"Can I ask you something, Irene."

"Sure thing darl."

"Well, you know I don't have a real father as such..."

"Yeah...?"

"Well, I was wondering if...if you could give me away."

Irene's eyes instantly misted over - at this point, she felt like the most loved person in the world.

"Oh darl...of course I can!" The pair then hugged one another.

"I love you, Irene."

"Love ya too, girlie. Let's go get you hitched."

Inside the church, the organ started playing as Cassie and Matilda walked down the aisle. They then turned and stood next to Aden's party. Everyone turned around as Belle, with Irene holding her hand, entered the church. A smile crossed Aden's face - Belle looked absolutely radiant in her wedding attire. Belle smiled too as she saw Aden standing up the front. As they approached one another, the smiles only grew wider.

"Who gives this woman to this man?" The minister asked.

"I do." Irene replied. She then let go of Belle, who then walked over to Aden. Aden bent his head down and kissed Belle's hand tenderly.

"We are here at last, mon cherie." purred Aden. Belle couldn't help but issue a tiny giggle.

The ceremony powered on, with Aden and Belle standing at the altar, gazing longingly into each others eyes. Eventually, the time for the vows came around.

"Belle." began Aden, clumsily. "Until I met you, people saw me as nothing more than an arrogant bully and a jerk. But no-one knew why. I thought I was doomed to stumble down my own road of darkness. Until you came along, and pulled me out into the light. You helped me to confront my demons head-on and without fear. You're my angel, Belle, and I love you more than anything."

"Aden." Belle commenced. "If anyone told me five years ago that I would be marrying you, I'd ask Rachel to ship them off to Reefton Lakes. I was just that convinced that I saw nothing in you. But I was wrong. You were a complicated, desperate individual who was crying out for love and help, but no-one seemed able to hear you. When you told me about what had happened to you, I resolved to help you fight your fears and help people see the good person within. I love you, Aden. More than words can ever express."

Then Oliver, the seven year old son of Kirsty Phillips, who had since become principal of Summer Bay High, came forward holding the rings. He handed them to the minister. Aden then took one of the rings and placed it on Belle's finger.

"With this ring, I thee wed." he intoned. Belle then took the second ring and placed it on his ring finger. "With this ring, I thee wed."

The minister began to speak.

"Do you, Aden Joseph* Jeffries, take Susan Belinda Taylor to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Aden smiled, gazing into Belle's eyes.

"And do you, Susan Belinda Taylor, take Aden Joseph Jeffries to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Belle replied, smiling as she did so.

The minister continued to speak as Aden and Belle stood there, smiling at one another.

"You two have made vows in the presence of your fellow men, affirming the love you have for one another, which comes from God. And what God has joined together, let no one divide."

"Amen." The congregation murmured.

"You may kiss the bride." The minister smiled. Aden and Belle didn't need a second invitation as they locked lips instantly. For a few moments, there was a break with all manner of decorum as Aden turned and started to high-five his Dad and his brothers and as Amanda and Irene rushed up from the audience to hug Belle. Eventually, Belle and Aden eventually managed to disentagle themselves and walk out of the church arm in arm as everyone stood and applauded. As they ran out of the church, Belle threw her bouquet into the air. It was caught by none other than...Miles.

As Aden and Belle piled into the car and drove away, they both turned to each other and smiled.

"So, Belle." Aden began. "How does it feel to be Mrs. Jeffries-Taylor?"

"It's a stretch, but I'll get used to it." grinned Belle as they began to kiss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on, at the reception, Belle and Aden were standing by, thanking their guests. Just then, a man with a thick mop of black bushy hair entered the venue, accompanied by a blonde girl in a red dress.

"Drew!" Belle stammered. "What brings you here?"

"Just wanted to see an old friend on her wedding day." grinned Drew. "I also want to introduce you to my girlfriend - and fiance - Charlotte." The blonde girl who was with Drew stepped forward. "Nice to meet you both." she smiled.

"So you two are getting married, huh?" Belle smiled. "Congratulations!"

"Next year, to be exact." Drew replied. "And we'd love it if you'd both come."

"Oh yeah. We'd like that." replied Aden.

Later, after the speeches had concluded. It was time for the bridal dance. Aden led Belle onto the floor. A song started tp lay over the soundsystem. Belle was instantly delighted - this song was one of her all-time favourites.

"I picked this song just for you." Aden whispered.

Time is never time at all

You can never ever leave without leaving a piece of youth

And our lives are forever changed

We will never be the same

The more you change the less you feel

"I love this song!" Belle exclaimed as Aden spun her around on the dancefloor. "How did you know?"

"It's number 1 on your iPod playlist." grinned Aden.

"Ooooooh." Belle replied.

Believe, believe in me, believe

That life can change, that you're not stuck in vain

We're not the same, we're different tonight

Tonight, so bright

Tongiht

Other couples slowly began to take to the dancefloor - Matilda and Ric, Annie and Jai, Melody and Geoff, Amanda and Peter - however, Aden and Belle were so caught up in their dance, so lost in each other's eyes that to them, the world around might as well not exist - all they had, indeed, all they needed was each other.

"This is the happiest night of my life, Aden." Belle whispered as the dance continued. "Thank you."

"No, no, no, thank you." Aden replied. "If it wasn't for you, I could have been six feet under."

And you know you're never sure

But your sure you could be right

If you held yourself up to the light

And the embers never fade in your city by the lake

The place where you were born

Believe, believe in me, believe

In the resolute urgency of now

And if you believe there's not a chance tonight

Tonight, so bright

"This moment..." Aden began, sounding choked up. "...this moment is so ****ing beautiful I feel like I'm gonna cry."

"Ssssssh." Belle whispered, putting her fingers on his mouth.

Tonight

We'll crucify the insincere tonight

We'll make things right, we'll feel it all tonight

We'll find a way to offer up the night tonight

The indescribable moments of your life tonight

The impossible is possible tonight

Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

As the song drew to a close, the assembled crowd of onlookers applauded as Aden and Belle shared a kiss.

"I love you, Belle." Aden muttered.

"I love you too, Aden." Belle replied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, Aden and Belle arrived at their hotel room at the Sands. Aden, in true Aden style, hoisted Belle up into his hands and carried her in through the door. The began to kiss one another as they fell down onto the bed. Aden slowly began to take his tie off.

"You sure you want to do this?" Belle asked. She knew better than to pressure Aden into doing something when she wasn't ready.

"I'm sure." Aden replied. "My whole life, I thought sex was a weapon designed to hurt people. Only now do I realise that it can be used for good. You've helped me conquer my demons, Belle. And I want to be with you."

Belle began to rub her hands up and down Aden's legs.

"Well, if you put it that way..." she grinned. She began to take her dress off as she attempted to manouver herself into a appropriate position.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Belle woke up, only to find that Aden was nowhere to be seen. She walked out and found him standing on the balcony, staring into space.

"Aden? Are you OK?" asked Belle. Aden didn't respond.

"Do...do you regret what we did?" Belle asked. Aden shook his head.

"No, Belle. I don't regret anything. Last night was...it was just amazing. You were amazing. I thought that after what Grandad did to me, I thought I would never be able to have a proper relationship with anyone. That's why today is such a dream come true...why you're such a dream come true." The pair of them locked lips on the balcony as the morning sun rose in the background over the sides of their heads.

12 WEEKS LATER

Aden arrived back at the house he and Belle shared in suburban Sydney. He opened the door, only to find Belle standing in the livng room with a smile on her face.

"And what are YOU so happy about, dear?" smiled Aden.

"Well..." Belle began. "You know how I've been sick in the mornings?"

"Yeah..." Aden replied.

"Well, I took a test. Aden...we're pregnant."

Aden's jaw dropped. "Are..are you serious."

"I'm serious." Belle nodded.

A huge smile began to cross Aden's face as he hugged Belle. "WE'RE PREGNANT! WOO-HOO!!" he yelled as he spun Belle around in his arms. he then rushed out onto the balcony as he let forth a triumphant yell.

"I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!"

THE END.

* = OK, I don't know Aden's actual middle name, so I made one up.

In case anyone is wondering, the song used in this chapter is "Tonight Tonight" by the Smashing Pumpkins - hence the title of this fic.

Do any of you think I should do a prequel of this fic? If there is enough support, I will do one. :)

Or if you have any ideas for Adelle fics that you were too lazy to put into writing PM me with them, and I will credit you with the concept. :)

Comments

Archived