Viewing Figures

Guest -Kevin-

Home and Away used to be the highest rated Aussie Soap during the late 1990s when it was on ITV I believe? It also used to get lots of coverage in the tv magazines etc.

Its a shame that its on a smaller channel now.

That's not true, Neighbours would have rated higher than Home and Away did in the Nineties. But H and A did do very well then .:)

Actually Home and Away won Best Overseas Drama in the soap awards in the UK during the 90's, a couple of times. Neighbours was more popular in the 80's, but during the 90's (1995/1996 especially) I think H&A was just as, if not more popular.

I watch british soaps sometimes when theres nothing else on, but im just not that into it <_< I just think that British soaps are TOO unrealistic. Anyone watched Eastenders latley? A 18 year old boy got a 40 year old woman pregnant :blink: ?!? I dunno if its just me, but that really put me off it :P There was a time when they were pretty good, and they had amazing storylines but now..

I can definetley relate to the H&A storylines more, and in my opinion i think aussie actors are MUCHHH better than the brits &.. cuter! :wub:

Can't bear British soaps, Eastenders is all doom and gloom and Coronation Street is just terrible. The others aren't really worth mentioning. I don't follow Neighbours, but would watch that over any British soap, and H&A is of course my favourite. I think other than me I only know 4 people that watch H&A.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm in the US, and I used to be addicted to Days of Our Lives, but eventually gave it up as it got ridiculously unrealistic, even more so than it already was. That's why I like H&A and Neighbours, yeah they're unrealistic, but not nearly as much as US soaps, or what I've seen of British ones. Plus I think the acting is a million times better than any in US soaps. Lol.

Archived