New TV show for Nicholas Bishop

Guest Barbara

'Body of Proof': ABC's new medical mystery series

By Andrea Reiher

May 18, 2010 12:33 PM ET

"Body of Proof" is joining the ABC fall lineup. It was previously known as "Body of Evidence" and stars Dana Delany ("Desperate Housewives") as a neurosurgeon-turned-medical examiner whose expertise helps solve murder cases.

Chris Murphey wrote the pilot, and "CSI: Miami" veteran Sunil Nayar is joining the show as an executive producer. The cast also includes Jeri Ryan ("Leverage," "Shark"), John Carroll Lynch ("K-Ville," "Close to Home"), Nicholas Bishop ("Past Life"), Geoffrey Arend ("Trust Me") and Wendell Middlebrooks ("Scrubs").

Dr. Megan Hunt (Delany) was in a class of her own, a brilliant neurosurgeon at the top of her game. But her world is turned upside down when a devastating car accident puts an end to her time in the operating room. Megan resumes her career as a medical examiner, determined to solve the puzzle of who or what killed the victims. Her instincts are sharp, but she's developed a reputation for graying the lines of where her job ends and where the police department's begins. It turns out her career isn't the only thing that will need to be rebuilt; Megan's family has taken a backseat to her ambition, and now she's discovering there's a lot of work to do when it comes to dissecting her relationships with the living.

Watch these clips below and let us know what you think! Can Dana Delany leave Wisteria Lane behind for such a scientific role? "Body of Proof" will air Friday nights at 9 p.m. ET on ABC in the fall.

Source and clips: click here.

----------

28kpm3t.jpg

To read more about it and watch another trailer, go on ABC's website.

----------

The show looks good. It reminds me a bit of Crossing Jordan, which was a show I liked. Is it wrong of me to already ship Nic and Dana's characters when I don't even know much about them? :lol:

Archived