Map of Summer Bay

Guest Bungle

Irene's house must be very close to the new Diner I would imagine. In 2003, I remember the 'outside' of the Beach House was shown quite a bit and the beach was right there. It looked very similar to the outside seating area of the Diner, and the front of the Palace, so I imagine they're all meant to be along the same 'street', or at least the same grass verge! :D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Beach House has always been a bit of a tough one - I know for a fact that they used a house in Avalon (the one in the location section) at some point in the early 90's, however the house itself is not familiar at all - the scenes filmed there were on the driveway so they obviously just used the driveway without showing the house itself!

There were other scenes where we saw Irene being bothered by some hooligans outside her house, again we didn't see the house but we saw what we assume to be out the back of the house, which was overlooking Pittwater.

Yeah, in 2004 I think Kirsty walked out of the beach house in her pyjamas and was literally straight on the beach (out of the front door). We know that Sally's back patio thing leads to a wooded area out the back of the caravan park from when she was chased by Zoe.

Leah's house was addressed "St. James street" or something from when Dan got his divorce papers.

The Diner is almost straight on the beach and The Palace must have been near the beach cos otherwise they wouldn't carry their surfboards half way round town.

On the headland bit there's like a house which looks like Summer Bay house so maybe so of the houses are up on that bit.

Does anyone know where Josie/Robbie and Tasha/Amanda flat is supposed to be? It's number 14 but whereabouts is the flat building? We saw the outside when Amanda was running off to get the plane out of Australia.

Leah's house in on James Street, the Hunter & Holden's live on Saxon Avenue, the Caravan Park is on Stewarts Point Road and the Beach House has had 2 addresses - one on Beach Road, and one on Pacific Road. Most of that I put up in the Neighbourhood section on the main site.

Amanda's flat is 14/25 Palmer Street - the same road that the Drop In Centre was supposed to have been on if I remember rightly. However I'm yet to find the 'actual' location of the flats - it's somewhere in the Northern Beaches :P

As I said It's impossible to draw up a map of the Bay just from looking at the locations, due to the wide spread of them.

• 4 years later...

Being a person/ geek interested in maps, I've been wondering about the layout of Summer Bay for ages, plus the interiors of the houses e.g. how many bedrooms does the TARDIS Summer Bay House have?

Anyway, I found this map off an archived BTTB page:

http://img158.imagevenue.com/img.php?image...8_map_324lo.jpg

No idea who drew it and it will need updating, but interesting, hm?

This was an official map of Summer Bay in the early years ,although someone has - incorrectly - updated it (e.g. Fisher's house that burned down is not the one on the map).

It became invalid once they revealed onscreen that the main beach is a peninsula. Personally I think it was a mistake to reveal this.

I've kinda given up on worrying about the number of rooms the houses have:At one point last year you had six people living at the caravan park house all apparently with their own rooms, six people at Irene's with their own rooms and there's now four at Leah's with their own rooms(used to have four, four and three rooms respectively...).

Archived