What Are You Afraid Of?

Guest Samantha1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 11- This chapter contains references to rape.

Brax’s POV:

I walked into the diner to see Bianca and Charlie leaning over the counter, she looked so sexy in her uniform, as usual,

“Come on Leaaaaah!” They yelled at her over the counter,

“I can’t I have to look after VJ.” She replied, “Hey Brax, what can I get you?” She asked me, I smiled,

“Just a flat white please.” I briefly looked down at Charlie, she caught my eye and grinned before looking away,

“Right, school duties call, bye girls, I’ll call you later Charlie.” Bianca said.

“Okay, bye.” Charlie said.

Leah walked off to get my coffee, Charlie turned to talk to me,

“Hi.” She said.

I smiled at her, “Hey you.” She smiled back, “You look a little tired.” I added.

She smiled, “I was up a little late last night, or this morning should I say.” She said as I raised my eyebrows at her.

“Were you now?” I asked, she nodded, “So what’s happening tonight?” I asked.

“Weeeell, Bianca and I are going out clubbing, we wanted Leah to join us, but she said no.”

“Oh, you’ve got a boyfriend and you’re going out clubbing?” I whispered back to her.

“Yeah, not on the pull though, obviously.” She added with a wink before Leah handed me my flat white,

“Enjoy your night out.” I added before I left and headed back to work.

Charlie’s POV:

I finished getting ready for my night out with Bianca, involving straight hair, black lace up suede wedges, my tight fitted, and short electric blue dress, and my black clutch

bag. I was waiting just inside the Surf Club when someone cheekily slapped my backside, I instantly turned around , alarmed and unimpressed before I saw who it was,

“Brax, really?” I asked, he grinned at me,

“You look very sexy, sure you’re not on the pull?” He asked.

“So what if I was?” I asked seductively, knowing I was getting to him, he grinned and leaned closer,

“Makes no difference to me, it’s your loss.” I slapped his chest playfully, causing his grin to widen, showing off his dimples, which I loved so very much.

“I’ve actually got something to confess to.” He said seriously, my smile faded and I looked up at him,

“Yeah?”

He bit his lip before mustering up the courage to tell me, “I told Heath about us.”

I raised my eyebrows slightly and glanced away before looking back at him, I noticed him studying my face,

“Why?” I asked.

“He was catching on to my overly good moods and, I ended up telling him, look I’m sorry, but he took it well.”

“He did?”

“Yup.”

“Well, seeing as you confessed, I may as well tell you.”

“Tell me what?” He asked.

“I was gonna tell Bianca tonight, at the club, if that’s okay with you?” He grinned and nodded,

“Yeah.” I smiled before we both leaned forward and kissed, seeing as there was nobody in the Surf Club other than a few randoms, we broke apart when someone cleared their throat, we both turned to look at Bianca, Brax nudged me, “Looks like you won’t have to tell her now.” He said cheekily, I laughed at him before turning back to

Bianca who was grinning,

“You and him?” She asked, I laughed and nodded, “Charlie, you sly dog!” I laughed, “How’d you manage to get her then?” Bianca asked Brax, I turned and looked at him,

“Oh she didn’t need much convincing, if anything, she was more up for it then I was.”

“OI!” I yelled before I slapped his chest for the second time that night, we were interrupted by the noise of a cab beeping its horn,

“Best get a move on.” Bianca said, she began to walk towards the cab, I turned to Brax,

“Bye.” I said.

He nodded, “Have fun.” He replied, “And be careful.” He added, I smiled and gave him a goodbye kiss before I followed Bianca out and got in the cab, on the way for our night out.

-Club in the City.-

“So, you and Brax.” Bianca started, as we sat at our table with our drinks, “How long?” She asked.

“About 5 months.” I replied, causing her to nearly choke on her drink,

“What?!” She yelled, “5 months and I never even sensed it!”

I winked at her, “What can I say? We’re just too good.” I replied before laughing.

“And how is he?” She asked whilst raising her eyebrows.

I instantly jumped straight into telling her all about our sex life, “He’s the best I’ve ever had, he’s amazing in bed, but he’s so sweet, kind and protective.” She frowned, obviously not wanting to hear this, I didn’t care, “And yes, when I say amazing in bed, I mean amazing, we have sex at least twice every time we meet up, each time better than the last, and, mhm-”

I had to cut myself off before I gave her way to much information, “Alright, I didn’t want to know that much!” She retorted.

“Tough, because you asked!”

“True.”

“So, how’re things between you and Heath?” I enquired.

“I don’t know.” She sighed, “I think I like him, but Braxton, a Riverboy, they’re not great relationship material exactly.”

I cleared my throat, “I’ll have you know, Braxtons are very good relationship material, well, my Braxton is.” I replied with a wink.

She laughed before shaking her head as she got up to get another round of drinks.

-Back in Summer Bay.-

I hopped out of the taxi and frowned, I’d called Bianca at least 5 times, but couldn’t get in contact with her, I had only had 3 wines and a few shots, I was a little tipsy, but perfectly within my senses. I couldn’t help but worry a little about Bianca, we got separated at the club somehow, I figured she might have picked up some guy and gone home with him, seeing as she was quite down about Heath.

I thought I’d go for a walk on the beach to clear my head. I heard screaming and crying, I turned around and squinted to see a woman lying in the sand, I took a few steps closer to see it was Bianca, a tall man pulling his trousers up in front of her. A reminder of my own rape came rushing back to me, I felt like collapsing, but I couldn’t let this guy let away with what he did, not after having Grant get away with what he did to me, I held my shoes and bag firmly before running towards them,

“GET OFF HER!” I screamed at the man as he slapped Bianca across the face, I approached them soon after, threw my shoes and bag beside her before jumping on top of the man, tackling him to the ground, bad move as he quickly flipped me over and pulled his trousers down again,

“OI!” I heard, it was Heath, I quickly wacked him across the face, sending him rolling off me, just before Heath came over and delivered a strong punch to his head, knocking him out.

I quickly crawled over to Bianca whilst shaking, “Bianca.” I said softly, she looked up at me, her dress ripped to pieces,

“Here, take my jacket.” Heath said, before handing it out to me and kneeling down beside me, whipping his phone out.

“Thanks.” I replied before wrapping it around Bianca, she eased into it, I zipped and buttoned it up, it covered her up well, thank goodness, that’s exactly what she’d want to do, get covered up.

Soon after, the ambulance and police arrived, the guy having to be lifted into the back of the police vehicle, no doubt he’d be done for rape, and then a second offence of attempted rape, with three witnesses, one of which being a police officer, the case against him in court was strong, he’d be a fool not to admit to it.

I stood outside Bianca’s hospital room with Heath, they had carried out their cross-examination on her, taking all the necessary DNA samples and such. She now had the police in with her, taking her statement, they had already taken mine and Heath’s.

I glanced over at Heath, sitting down opposite me with his head in his hands,

“Heath?” He looked up at the sound of my voice, “I need some air, you alright here by yourself?”

He smiled and nodded silently, I sent him a weak smile before I left my bag on the seat, and got up, walking as fast as I could outside, feeling extremely sick, I gripped my stomach as I began to run down the stairs of the hospital before I burst through the doors. I stood against the wall beside the entrance, leaning back against it, looking out to the car park, inhaling and exhaling deeply.

Brax’s POV:

As soon as Heath called me, I headed straight to the hospital, not caring who saw me with Charlie, and I had a feeling that she wouldn’t care either, her best friend was just raped, she was nearly raped, I recon she’d want me with her.

I parked the car and headed towards the entrance, I walked slower when I saw her standing against the wall, glaring up at the stars, no doubt she was crying, and deathly pale, I quickened my pace,

“Charlie?” I said as I stood in front of her, normally she would’ve jumped at me suddenly being so close, instead she looked down and gazed at me absentmindedly before speaking,

“Hey.” She replied.

“Heath called.” I said, knowing she didn’t have the energy to ask, she nodded and smiled weakly before fresh tears fell, I held my hands out to her, she took them immediately, I gave them a comforting squeeze.

“Charlie, you’re freezing.” I said, she looked up at me, slightly dazed, “Here.” I took my jacket off and wrapped it around her, she immediately put it on properly before pulling it tighter around her. I put my arms around her and hugged her tightly, after pulling away I said, “Heath said he tried to-”

“Rape me too?” She interrupted, I nodded, she shook her head sadly, “Yeah, he did, didn’t quite make it though, thanks to Heath.”

I smiled, despite the fact Heath was an absolute idiot at the best of times, I was so grateful to him tonight for protecting Charlie,

“You alright, babe?” I asked, stupidly, of course she wouldn’t be alright, she was still shaking.

“Yeah, I’m alright.” She replied bravely, “Just a little shocked.”

“Come here.” She instantly stepped into my embrace and wrapped her arms tightly around my neck, pulling me closer to her, I tightened the grip I had over her, protectively. “You’re safe now.” I added before placing a soft kiss on the side of her head, she unravelled herself from me and stepped back.

“Wanna go back inside?” I asked, she nodded before leaning on me slightly, I placed my arm around her, expecting her to push me away, instead she nestled her head under my arm. I pulled her closer, before walking back into the hospital with her, Charlie obviously leading the way as she knew where to go.

She separated herself from me, instead she held my hand as she gently knocked on Bianca’s door before opening it, she was on the hospital bed lying down, Heath sitting beside her, with his arm around her, gently stroking her hair, I smiled at the interaction before dropping Charlie’s hand and waiting outside.

Charlie’s POV:

I shut the door behind me and walked to Bianca’s bedside,

“Bianca, is it okay if I go home, sweetie?” I asked softly, she nodded and smiled,

“Thanks Charlie.” She said weakly, I smiled before kissing her cheek, I got to the door before turning around, I mouthed ‘Thank you’ to Heath before smiling at him gratefully, then heading back outside to Brax.

He smiled as I approached him, “Can you take me home?” I asked quietly before I linked my right hand with his left, he smiled and nodded before we began walking back towards his car.

After we arrived back to the house, I knew I’d be worse than I was before, Ruby and the others were still staying up the coast, Ruby was at Casey’s again, leaving me alone, in the house.

“Charlie?” Brax asked as we stood in the living room, he must’ve noticed the obvious colour change in my face.

I shook my head, “You asked earlier if I was okay, I’m not.”

I continued to shake my head, he stepped forward and placed a lingering and comforting kiss on my forehead.

“It’s just so hard, seeing it happen to someone you love, someone you’re so close to.” I glanced up at him, he was looking at me comfortingly and understandingly, “If anything, it’s all the harder for me, because I knew someone who was raped before, and on top of that, being a police officer, you see so many awful cases, but you never expect it to happen so close to home.”

“I know, but she’s strong, she’ll pull through.” Brax said as he gently ran his hand up and down my arm comfortingly.

“And it just reminded me of, well y'know, the first time we met, that night, when, well, you know.” I added, he nodded, “But you saved me.”

He smiled at me before replying, “Yeah, I’d do anything to keep you safe.” He said as he entwined our hands, I smiled, “Anything I can do for you?” He asked sweetly, I smiled at him again, he was so lovely.

I nodded, “A hug?” He smiled and pulled me closer, placing his arms around me tightly, locking us both in a comforting embrace.

Just as we separated, he noticed the few tears that had fallen down my cheeks and frowned slightly, I landed myself in it by what I said, my emotions taking over, “It's just so degrading to have it happen and you feel sick and-”

I cut myself off and looked up at him, “Charlie-”

“-No.” I interrupted quickly.

“I haven’t asked yet.” He spoke, I nodded, allowing him to continue, “Were you- were you ra-raped?” He asked, the fear of my answer evident in his eyes.

I nodded slowly, unable to speak, but owing Brax an explanation, he was so loving towards me, although we hadn’t been together for ages, I was ready to tell him, I didn’t want him to have to ask, again.

I sat down on the couch, gesturing for Brax to sit next to me before I continued, I pulled the arms of his jacket sleeves down that I was wearing, the thought of that situation that happened to me oh so long ago, making me shiver already.

“I had a boyfriend, Grant Bledcoe.” I began. “We’d been seeing each other for a little over 2 weeks when he insinuated we have sex, I wasn’t ready, and told him no, he accepted it and told me he was willing to wait for me.” I spoke slowly, and steadily.

He placed a hand on my knee comfortingly, I continued to stare elsewhere, anywhere other than him, I couldn’t bring myself to look at him, to see his reaction,

“We’d been seeing each other for around a month, when he started to ask again, I still wasn’t ready, so again I told him no, and again he smiled and nodded understandingly, saying he’d wait.” I took a deep breath before continuing, “But then, I was coming home from school one day, later than usual, it was Winter and dark, I was taking a shortcut through the park, I thought I heard someone following me, and soon enough it was confirmed when they placed an arm around my waist, and one around my mouth, before dragging me into a tree-covered area, even if I screamed, no-one would have heard.”

I exhaled deeply, “When I finally looked up at my attacker, it made it all the more worse, knowing it was him, someone I trusted, someone I thought I loved, someone I was going to let take my virginity, when I was ready, but he just wouldn’t wait.” The tears fell faster and faster as I found it harder and harder to speak, “And then he did it, I don’t want to go into details, but it happened, and I was left there, freezing cold in the park, alone, scared, hurt, and gosh in so much pain.”

I felt Brax’s grip on my knee tighten ever so slightly, protectively, he attempted to reach for my hand with his free one, but I refused. I continued with telling Brax, whilst keeping my eyes fixated on one particular flower on the wallpaper design,

“I fell pregnant soon after, I was far too distraught after the rape to even thing about the pill, it was the last thing on my mind.” I fiddled with my hands as I spoke, “I didn’t tell my parents, I resented myself, blamed myself, hated myself, I ended up giving birth to Ruby, my parents having eventually found out, and eh, they raised her as their own daughter, meaning we were raised as sisters. Which was more than fine by me, I was too traumatized after the birth I ended up moving to my Auntie Robin, and staying with her for a while, before returning to home a while later.”

I saw Brax nod sympathetically out of the corner of my eye, “When Ruby was sixteen, I finally decided to tell her what had happened, and that I was in fact, her mom. When she found out she was devastated, she refused to speak to me or my parents, she ran away from home, when she came back she was still bad, it took us around three months or more to get back on track, it was so hard. To make matters worse, no matter how hard I tried, I could never get a conviction on Grant, because I left it too long to make a statement about the rape, I ended up finding other girls who were victims of rape, by him, but they didn’t want to go to court, they were too scared.”

I wiped the tears from my eyes before continuing, “And then to top it all off, my Dad ended up killing him, and I know, I’m a cop, murder’s wrong to anyone, especially a cop, but not this time, I was relieved, and I loved my Dad all the more for making 30 years of being scared, and disgust with myself, finally go away.”

I felt the tears flow loosely again as I came to the end of reciting the chain of events for Brax, “I was fourteen, I wasn’t ready for sex, but then he- he, y’know and I, god I hated myself afterwards, and thought none of this would have happened, if I just agreed to have sex with him, all of this could have been avoided, if I had just said yes.”

Brax took my hands in his and moved his head so he caught my line of vision, I looked at him for the first time since I began to speak to him, he shook his head,

“Sweetheart, you weren’t ready, nobody should have forced you, let alone done that to you.”

I smiled slightly at his kindness and comfort, before dropping his hands and standing up, beginning to panic again, my chest getting tighter, I breathed slowly before I turned back to Brax, who was also standing now.

“You must think I’m such a dirty, low-life whore.” I said as I stole a glance up at him, he paced towards me and took my hands in his once again,

“Charlie, never, I don’t think that way at all, and I never would, not about you, ever. I think you’re beautiful and amazing, and you’re so strong and brave for getting through that.”

I smiled gently before I collapsed into his arms, finally allowing him to comfort me over what had happened, what I wanted to tell him, but felt I wasn’t ready, but now I was glad I did, because he was amazing and knew exactly how to comfort me.

“Thank you.” I whispered as he gently kissed the top of my head before wrapping his arms tighter around me, keeping me safe.

-Later on.-

A while later Brax and I were snuggled up on my bed, me still wearing his jacket, one of his arms around me, the other hand intertwined with mine, my other hand on his thigh.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Brax asked softly as he gently stroked my hair,

“Well, we haven't really been seeing each other that long, and it's something really big to tell somebody, so I guess I just didn't feel like we were there yet, and I wanted to feel like I really could trust you before I did, which I know I can.” I said as I smiled up at him, he smiled back,

“Well, I’m glad you did tell me.” We both leaned forward and shared a soft kiss before Brax pulled away and asked a question, “Has this got something to do with why you were upset the other day?”

I nodded before moving away from him and opening my side drawer, pulling out the letter from Zoe Bledcoe and the photograph before handing them to Brax, “It was a letter from his wife, his death anniversary apparently, well, like I didn’t already know, and a photo of their once happy family.” He glared at me, “Just read the letter.” I added, before laughing a little at him, he grinned before reading it.

He glanced at the photo when he was finished before angrily throwing them further away from us on the bed, I took hold of his hand, “Why’d you keep ‘em?” He asked.

“Because I was planning on telling you, and I had to tell Ruby too, she was so angry after she saw it.”

“And so she should be.” Brax snapped.

“I know, but she’s not the one who raped me, she’s not the one who did that, she’s just an innocent party in this who had her husband, who she loved, murdered and taken away from not only her, but her three children, so I’m not angry with her, I can’t be.”

He smiled at me, before giving my hand a gentle squeeze, “You’re far too nice, y’know that?”

I laughed, “So I’m told.” I replied cheekily before snuggling back into him, and drifting off to sleep soon after.

Brax’s POV:

I woke up when I heard a scream, I opened my eyes just as Charlie shot forward, obviously a nightmare, I instantly soothed her and calmed her down, she’d broken out in

a sweat, I unzipped my jacket she was wearing and threw it on the floor before picking her up and placing her in the bed, unzipping her dress and removing it before placing it on the floor too, I quickly took off my own top and jeans before motioning to get into the bed beside her,

“No, Brax.” She said exhaustedly.

I shook my head, “Charlie, there’s no chance in hell I’m leaving you alone, not tonight, plus, nobody else is home, and I’ll be gone before Rubes gets back tomorrow morning.”

She glanced up at me before nodding, I crawled into bed beside her and pulled her close, she snuggled into my chest as I pulled the duvet over us, I gently kissed the top of her head as she easily drifted back into a sleep-state, me following her soon after.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Sorry for the delay with the update, I was away for a few days and this was a much longer update than usual, I’m hoping it wasn’t too long. Nevertheless, hope you liked it. (:

That was ACE and INTENSE and GREAT, especially ......

 Charlie leaning over the counter, she looked so sexy in her uniform, as usual,

 “You look a little tired.” I added.

She smiled, “I was up a little late last night, or this morning should I say.” She said as I raised my eyebrows at her.

 I finished getting ready for my night out with Bianca, involving straight hair, black lace up suede wedges, my tight fitted, and short electric blue dress, and my black clutch

bag. I was waiting just inside the Surf Club when someone cheekily slapped my backside, I instantly turned around , alarmed and unimpressed before I saw who it was,

“Brax, really?” I asked, he grinned at me,

“You look very sexy, sure you’re not on the pull?” He asked.

“So what if I was?” I asked seductively, knowing I was getting to him, he grinned and leaned closer,

“Makes no difference to me, it’s your loss.” I slapped his chest playfully, causing his grin to widen, showing off his dimples, which I loved so very much.

 “Oh she didn’t need much convincing, if anything, she was more up for it then I was.”

“OI!” I yelled before I slapped his chest for the second time that night, we were interrupted by the noise of a cab beeping its horn,

 I instantly jumped straight into telling her all about our sex life, “He’s the best I’ve ever had, he’s amazing in bed, but he’s so sweet, kind and protective.” She frowned, obviously not wanting to hear this, I didn’t care, “And yes, when I say amazing in bed, I mean amazing, we have sex at least twice every time we meet up, each time better than the last, and, mhm-”

I had to cut myself off before I gave her way to much information, “Alright, I didn’t want to know that much!” She retorted.

“Tough, because you asked!”

 I heard screaming and crying, I turned around and squinted to see a woman lying in the sand, I took a few steps closer to see it was Bianca, a tall man pulling his trousers up in front of her. A reminder of my own rape came rushing back to me, I felt like collapsing, but I couldn’t let this guy let away with what he did, not after having Grant get away with what he did to me, I held my shoes and bag firmly before running towards them,

“GET OFF HER!” I screamed at the man as he slapped Bianca across the face, I approached them soon after, threw my shoes and bag beside her before jumping on top of the man, tackling him to the ground, bad move as he quickly flipped me over and pulled his trousers down again,

“OI!” I heard, it was Heath, I quickly wacked him across the face, sending him rolling off me, just before Heath came over and delivered a strong punch to his head, knocking him out.

I quickly crawled over to Bianca whilst shaking, “Bianca.” I said softly, she looked up at me, her dress ripped to pieces,

 I replied before wrapping it around Bianca, she eased into it, I zipped and buttoned it up, it covered her up well, thank goodness, that’s exactly what she’d want to do, get covered up.

Soon after, the ambulance and police arrived, the guy having to be lifted into the back of the police vehicle, no doubt he’d be done for rape, and then a second offence of attempted rape, with three witnesses, one of which being a police officer, the case against him in court was strong, he’d be a fool not to admit to it.

 Heath said he tried to-”

“Rape me too?” She interrupted, I nodded, she shook her head sadly, “Yeah, he did, didn’t quite make it though, thanks to Heath.”

I smiled, despite the fact Heath was an absolute idiot at the best of times, I was so grateful to him tonight for protecting Charlie,

 After we arrived back to the house, I knew I’d be worse than I was before,

 “And it just reminded me of, well y'know, the first time we met, that night, when, well, you know.” I added, he nodded, “But you saved me.”

He smiled at me before replying, “Yeah, I’d do anything to keep you safe.”

 “But then, I was coming home from school one day, later than usual, it was Winter and dark, I was taking a shortcut through the park, I thought I heard someone following me, and soon enough it was confirmed when they placed an arm around my waist, and one around my mouth, before dragging me into a tree-covered area, even if I screamed, no-one would have heard.”

I exhaled deeply, “When I finally looked up at my attacker, it made it all the more worse, knowing it was him, someone I trusted, someone I thought I loved, someone I was going to let take my virginity, when I was ready, but he just wouldn’t wait.” The tears fell faster and faster as I found it harder and harder to speak, “And then he did it, I don’t want to go into details, but it happened, and I was left there, freezing cold in the park, alone, scared, hurt, and gosh in so much pain.”

 “I didn’t tell my parents, I resented myself, blamed myself, hated myself, I ended up giving birth to Ruby, my parents having eventually found out, and eh, they raised her as their own daughter, meaning we were raised as sisters. Which was more than fine by me, I was too traumatized after the birth I ended up moving to my Auntie Robin, and staying with her for a while, before returning to home a while later.”

 “And then to top it all off, my Dad ended up killing him, and I know, I’m a cop, murder’s wrong to anyone, especially a cop, but not this time, I was relieved, and I loved my Dad all the more for making 30 years of being scared, and disgust with myself, finally go away.”

I felt the tears flow loosely again as I came to the end of reciting the chain of events for Brax, “I was fourteen, I wasn’t ready for sex, but then he- he, y’know and I, god I hated myself afterwards, and thought none of this would have happened, if I just agreed to have sex with him, all of this could have been avoided, if I had just said yes.”

Brax took my hands in his and moved his head so he caught my line of vision, I looked at him for the first time since I began to speak to him, he shook his head,

“Sweetheart, you weren’t ready, nobody should have forced you, let alone done that to you.”

I smiled slightly at his kindness and comfort, before dropping his hands and standing up, beginning to panic again, my chest getting tighter, I breathed slowly before I turned back to Brax, who was also standing now.

“You must think I’m such a dirty, low-life whore.” I said as I stole a glance up at him, he paced towards me and took my hands in his once again,

“Charlie, never, I don’t think that way at all, and I never would, not about you, ever. I think you’re beautiful and amazing, and you’re so strong and brave for getting through that.”

 “I know, but she’s not the one who raped me, she’s not the one who did that, she’s just an innocent party in this who had her husband, who she loved, murdered and taken away from not only her, but her three children, so I’m not angry with her, I can’t be.”

He smiled at me, before giving my hand a gentle squeeze, “You’re far too nice, y’know that?”

 I unzipped my jacket she was wearing and threw it on the floor before picking her up and placing her in the bed, unzipping her dress and removing it before placing it on the floor too, I quickly took off my own top and jeans before motioning to get into the bed beside her,

“No, Brax.” She said exhaustedly.

I shook my head, “Charlie, there’s no chance in hell I’m leaving you alone, not tonight, plus, nobody else is home, and I’ll be gone before Rubes gets back tomorrow morning.”

Another fabulous update Samantha, really beautifully wrote :) you're an amazing writer!

I love that Charlie finally felt comfortable to tell Brax what happened.....he handled it perfectly. It was lovely how he looked after her <3

Can't wait for the next update! X

Thanks so much for all the lovely reviews so far, it means a lot, hope this next one is alright.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ >

-1 month later.-

Charlie and Brax’s relationship had grown ever stronger over the past month, especially down to the fact that Charlie had told him about her past, she felt like she could trust him completely. Bianca was dealing pretty well with her rape, she had tonnes of help from everyone, but especially Brax, Charlie and most of all, Heath. It’d been 6 months in total since Charlie and Brax began to secretly start seeing each other, only Leah, Bianca and Heath remained the ones who knew about them.

Charlie’s POV:

“Brax, no.” I groaned as he continued to kiss my neck before tightening the grip he had around my waist, “Babe stop, I’ve really got to get back to work.” I moaned, aimlessly holding my work belt, unable to put it on due to his arms being in the way.

Before I knew it, he’d picked me up and laid me down on the couch before positioning himself on top of me, wearing his usual cheeky grin,

“Don’t you dare.” I warned him,

“Ah c’mon, you can’t resist me.” He said cheekily as he lowered his lips onto mine, me soon pulling away,

“Oh yes I can.” I replied before pushing him off me, causing him to land with a thud on the floor, I jumped up and placed my two work belts around my waist,

“That was so mean.” He sarcastically sobbed as he gradually stood up and limped towards me, I quickly walked over to him and tangled my arms around his neck,

“Well I’ll make it up to you later.”

“You better, I need you to kiss me better.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll kiss you better.” I replied before pecking his lips and whispering in his ear, “Everywhere.”

I grinned before moving away from him and slipping my shoes on, “Oh yeah, you play the innocent Sergeant outdoors, but behind closed doors, oh you’re very different.”

“Only for you, sweetheart.” I replied cheekily before I took his hand and pulled him towards the back door, “Er, you’re forgetting something.” He informed me as I shoved him out of the door,

“What?” I asked,

“Kiss.” He replied.

I laughed before leaning forward and giving him a slow, soft kiss before shoving him out of the door again and heading off to work.

Brax’s POV:

I quickly left Angelo’s, after being at Charlie’s all morning, I was only there for about 45 minutes before having to leave again.

I got a call, mom was in hospital, heart attack, and whose fault was it? Coppers.

Charlie’s POV:

I waited anxiously at the hospital, Cheryl was in a pretty awful way, and I was dreading Brax showing up, desperately hoping he wouldn’t but knowing he would, Casey was already here, along with Ruby, Heath didn’t care no doubt.

My heart dropped as Brax angrily paced down the corridors, right towards Watson and I,

“What happened?” He asked shortly, directing the question at me.

“She was drunk, given a warning by officers, and she ended up having a heart attack.”

“Where is she?”

“In that room.” I nodded towards the room where the nurse was checking her chart.

He didn’t dignify me with a response, or a nod, he just left and spoke to Casey, I sighed before turning away and going outside for a walk.

“Charlie?” I turned around once I reached the exit of the hospital to see Ruby,

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Are you alright?” She asked.

“I’m fine, just needed some air.”

She nodded, “Is Cheryl gonna be okay? Brax seemed pretty angry before.”

“She’s strong, I’m thinking she’ll pull through, and yeah he did.”

“Mind you, I’d feel the same if it were you in that hospital bed.”

I smiled, “How’s Casey?” I asked.

“He’s alright, definitely not angry though, like Brax.”

I smiled weakly before we both began to walk back up towards Cheryl’s hospital room.

The attention of Brax shouting at Watson made me walk straight over to them,

“Hey, what’s going on?” I asked softly, only to be yelled at some more,

“It's your fault she's in here, all the hassle she gets from you coppers, that's what's doing it to her.” I sent Brax a disapproving glare, he shook his head at me, as if to silence me, “It’s all you coppers, you’re all the same!” He spat.

I shook my head before turning away from him and going to sit down in an empty row of seats, further along the corridor, away from other people, I looked back down the corridor to see Brax glaring at me, I gave him a dirty looks, he instantly walked towards me.

“Brax, I came here for peace, go away.”

“I’m not gonna yell-”

I interrupted him, “Just go.”

He loitered there for a little longer, glaring down at me, before turning and heading back over to the others.

-A while later.-

I got up from my seat and headed over to inform Watson I was leaving and over to Ruby,

“Rubes I’m gonna head home, you want a lift?”

“No thanks, I’m gonna wait with Casey for a bit.”

I smiled and nodded before making it to the end of the corridor, stopping dead in my tracks when someone grabbed my wrist,

“Charlie.” Came Brax’s voice, I emotionlessly turned around to face him before pulling my hand away from his.

“You do me a favour yeah?” He began angrily, yet again, “You tell your mates, I’ll blame then, and you if she doesn’t pull through.”

I shook my head at him, trying to fight my tears back, successfully managing to do so, and giving him a reply in a tone just as angry, “You tell them yourself, and you blame me all you want, because we’re done.”

-8pm, Charlie’s place.-

After I left the hospital, I came home, got changed into a lose navy blue summer dress, I had just sat back down with a mug of tea before there was a constant knocking on the door, I quickly just ran to the door and opened it,

“Brax.” I breathed, unimpressed to see him, “Look, I’m not in the mood for arguments, just leave.” I told him straight.

“No, please, please Charlie, can we talk?” He asked.

“No, everyone’s home.”

“Can we go for a walk then?” I shook my head, “Ah Charlie, please, just give me a chance to explain.” He pleaded with me.

I smiled lightly before grabbing my cardigan and following him outside, closing the door behind me,

“How’s your mom?” I asked.

“She’s alright now, making a slow recovery.”

I nodded silently before we walked to the beach.

We arrived at the beach soon after, not having said a word since we left the house, I chose to break the silence, I stopped in the sand and faced Brax as I spoke,

“Look Brax, what happened to your mom, it’s not my fault-”

He interrupted me, “Yeah, I know it wasn’t.”

I shut my eyes tightly and quickly, trying to mask the tears before reopening them, “Why’d you yell at me then?”

“I’m sorry, I was angry and I really didn’t mean it, any of it.”

“Brax we're messed up, I mean, why are we even doing this? We're just using each other for sex.” I blurted out, not thinking about what I was saying, just hurt and

confused, Brax evidently took it to heart,

“Okay.” He nodded his head, “So, tell me, if it is just for sex, tell me why you told me about your past, about everything that happened? Why let me be the one to look

after you, to comfort you?” I shook my head, “Charlie, what we’ve got, it’s a whole lot more than sex, and we both know it.”

A lone tear strayed down my cheek, I quickly wiped it away, “I gotta go.” I said quickly before turning and walking further down the beach, Brax calling after me, but in my

mind, it was simply a distant call in the background, until he was standing directly in front of me, holding his hands out,

“No, you’re not running away from me, I’m not letting you slip through my fingers, it’s not happening.”

“You can’t stop me.” I spat,

“No, you’re right, I can’t, it’s your choice, but just so you know, if you leave now, I’ll pester you over and over until you talk to me again, starting from tonight.”

I laughed slightly at his comment before the smile soon faded, he reached out slyly to take my hand but I stepped back, “We're deluding ourselves here, Brax, this would

never work, I mean, we're from two different worlds.”

He smiled lightly at me, “Yeah Charlie, yeah we are, but we’ve made it work so far, so why not continue?” I bit my lip, he knew me too well and instantly sensed my

hesitance, “We’re good together.”

He took my hands in his, this time I let him, “Why don’t we just come clean?” He suggested, “About us.” He added.

I laughed, “Yes Brax, I did know what you’re talking about.” I smirked, causing him to grin.

“I can’t Brax, I’m not ready.”

He stepped closer to me and gave my hands a light squeeze, “Yes, yes you are babe, ‘cause we’re in this together.”

I smiled lightly, “Alright?” He asked, I nodded slightly, I smiled before placing a gently kiss on my forehead.

“But Brax, I can’t tell me superiors at work, not yet, especially with Heath’s antics.”

He nodded cheekily, “I understand, buuuuuuut...” He began before placing his hands on my waist and moving his body into mine, “Rubes is at my place with Casey.”

He looked at me, I knew exactly what he was referring to, “Alright.” I said, his face filled with confusion,

“Come again?” He asked in disbelief, causing me to laugh,

“Let’s tell them.” I repeated, he grinned slightly,

“Am I dreaming?” He asked, I laughed before hitting his chest lightly,

“Well, if you are, I’m guessing it’s a good one?”

He nodded rapidly, before he moved his lips onto mine and kissed me passionately, he pulled away to simply leave a trail of kisses on my neck before burying his head into the crook of my neck,

“You still need to kiss me better for what you did this morning.” He groaned, I laughed before moving my head, causing him to move backwards,

“And don’t you think you’ve got some making up to do?” I questioned as I raised my eyebrows, he bit his lip and thought about it before nodding,

“Yes, and I am very, very sorry, again.” He told me, again.

I nodded, “I know you are.”

I smiled before leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on his lips before linking my hand with his, and pulling him up the hill and off the beach, “Where are we going?” He groaned.

I stopped walking and turned to face him, “Er, your place.”

“We’re telling them right now?” He asked, I nodded.

“Who are you, and what’ve you done with Charlie Buckton?” I hit his arm,

“OW! You’re gonna have some serious making up to do, lady.”

“Yeah, I don’t see you complaining.”

“Oh don’t worry, I’m not.” He said seductively before wrapping his arms around my waist,

“Stop trying to delay this, Brax, do you want me to change my mind about telling them?”

“No, nono, no objections from me at all, just that, when we do, can we kick them out of the house, so we can, y’know, have our little make-up session?”

I laughed at him, “I’m sure we can, Braxton.” I kissed him softly before grabbing his hand and leading us towards his house, both of us oblivious to the person watching us.

Fabulous updates! Loved Brax supporting Charlie and saying how he would just keep on at her until she toom him back. Didn't like him getting moody over his Mum however his make up speach was lovely and very honest of him.

Really well written! Enjoying story and intrigued regarding who has seen them...Hope its not anyone who will cause too much trouble.

Looking forward to your next update :)

Archived