H&A vs Neighbours?

Homeandawayfan.

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Again I will say I know fans who love both shows. Each has its good and bad moments. I see a down period in Aussie TV as a lot of talent is not being used and maybe things will change in the future.

As for N and H&A the current cast I hope continue to entertain the fans. sadly I have NO favs as I did years ago.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I used to be team H&A all the way, with the 90s being my favourite era. I lost interest in Neighbours for many years and found it quite unwatchable from 2009-12, but I began to drift back to it last year. Now I think it's great and H&A has become the unwatchable one, but of course I do still watch. I really hope it can lift its game, half the characters need to go and the producers need to listen to all the great comments on this site.

When I tune into Neighbours every now and then I sort of get that same feel from it, that I used to with Home and Away, It actually feels more like what Home and Away was then the current show.

Maybe because so many of the crew that worked on Home and Away seem to be involved in Neighbours now. Writers and even casting directors especially, including Anthony Ellis who wrote the Home and Away books in the 80s

When I tune into Neighbours every now and then I sort of get that same feel from it, that I used to with Home and Away, It actually feels more like what Home and Away was then the current show.

Maybe because so many of the crew that worked on Home and Away seem to be involved in Neighbours now. Writers and even casting directors especially, including Anthony Ellis who wrote the Home and Away books in the 80s

That's an interesting theory. Did many writers from H&A to Neighbours? Did it happen at the start of last year when Neighbours started to get better? They should entice all those writers back if that's the case because the quality of both shows seems to have totally flipped. I did notice this a little back in the 90s too, when one entered into a dull phase the other became good. But H&A has been in a lull for two long now, longer than ever before I think.

2006/2007 was one of the lowest periods of Neighbours history, I dont know but did Dan Bennett make mistakes on H&A by turning it into a bomb and crime show and realised it is not what longer viewers want?

ATM the H&A producers are too busy attracting new viewers to worry about what us older viewers want. Jason Herbison knows what Neighbours is supposed to be and does understand older viewers as well as newer ones.

2006/2007 was one of the lowest periods of Neighbours history, I dont know but did Dan Bennett make mistakes on H&A by turning it into a bomb and crime show and realised it is not what longer viewers want?

ATM the H&A producers are too busy attracting new viewers to worry about what us older viewers want. Jason Herbison knows what Neighbours is supposed to be and does understand older viewers as well as newer ones.

I agree that whole period was terrible for Neighbours and it just got worse under Susan Bower. I thought for sure it would be axed but it's turned around which gives me hope for H&A. I know H&A isn't on the chopping board but I still don't get how they can be happy with its performance in the ratings. It's doing ok but it not a powerhouse like it has been at times in the past.

Archived