Nicholas Bishop

Guest The Cure

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy, fellow Nick appreciators. I'm just peeking briefly into this topic again, I love H&A and this site but not spoilers - I'm in the UK, and whenever I visit here I always end up finding out more than I wanted to know! Much as I adore Peter/Nick, I was trying not to read this topic a lot, but a little while back someone had a reference to Peter being dead in their signature in a completely unrelated topic. :o

So now I just really want to say, without wanting to know about the circumstances, how completely gutted I was/am to hear that a) Nick's left and b) Peter's been killed off, which makes a return even more unlikely.

Would someone be so kind as to tell me if we know whether it was Nick's decision, or whether the producers decided to axe the character? If the latter, it must be their biggest mistake in H&A history? Judging by this site, which is at least one way to gauge viewer opinion, he's been enormously popular. If it's his decision then I must respect it and thank him wholeheartedly for his time on the show - but doesn't mean I have to like it! And of course I wish him every success and happiness with whatever he does in the future, though the trouble for me is that the majority of ex-H&A actors are never seen again in the UK (Kip being one exception). I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy watching afterwards, but there'll be a huge hole, I'm soooo sorry he's gone, can't really put into words how disappointing it is as he's really one of my all-time favourite characters. At least we have some more time with him in the UK, I think I'll be holding onto every scene as if it's his last, knowing what's coming. :(

(And I wonder if 1969 is correct for his birth year, I've read here before someone confidently stating he's 31...)

I think it was the best way to end his character like Nic said in a interview that with a big storyline like the stalker something big had to come out and that was Peter being killed but it was'nt like we never hear him being mentioned.

But he did have a 2 year contract so who knows???

Archived