Nicholas Bishop

Guest The Cure

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adia - thanks a lot for the MySpace link, it's new to me, after a glance it looks hilarious!

Colette - sorry you'll be away and miss some of Peter at this point, but hopefully you'll enjoy your break anyway!

swfc - congrats on getting your fan card! I do wonder what should best be done with them though - if you display one anywhere, does it not completely distract you every time you're in the same room? I mean, doesn't it just stare appealingly at you? :wub:

Things are moving fast in this topic. Sorry if I'm writing too lengthily, I just seem to have absolutely loads to say at the moment! (Don't worry, it probably won't last, particularly when Peter isn't around.) I'm going to split this into two - some replies followed by comments on the recent UK episodes.

Thanks people, for being so considerate with spoilers. I'd rather not know much, but I also just can't resist this topic, and I had to read the good news post. I deliberated quite carefully before looking: would knowing if he was back affect the next few UK weeks? - will I get more from them without knowing the future for sure? Probably, but I had to look. I'm now glad I did, as yet still, and I can't BELIEVE how this saga carries on, we can't be CERTAIN he's alive, back properly, although it's pretty good to hear this anyway. I was wondering, when Pete "died" (if he did) in Australia, did you know it was coming, or did it happen right out of the blue? Obviously this period has been worse for you since he's been off screen a while there already. We're soon in for quite a break from him too, so whatever's happening, that alone will provide a lot of emotional oomph to the conclusion of the storyline.

Well. No Peter for the rest of this past UK week - hopefully he spent it sleeping - but how fabulous was it having him practically carry two entire episodes, with just a few unrelated scenes in between? I agree with sydney that it was like a film. (tech Q: Why are half the smilies here broken links? I like using a variety if possible.)

Nobody commented on him with handcuffs last week. I'm not guilty either. Hey, hang on, hopefully I am now. :P

I love the fact that the show has (always had) a real sense of its own history, flashbacks are most welcome. While Pete was braving the factory, it was good seeing what (I assume - unless it was just to remind us) he was recalling.

What I wonder is, if Zoe had been spotted working in a city hospital, and Tracey had seen her, why wasn't she arrested then and there? (I do have an inkling about something from a topic title here, relating to how the package might have got into the police station.)

Some thoughts on episode 4192, where Zoe planted a fake bomb in P's flat:

I - somewhat, since I'd rather he wasn't in that position - enjoyed P's line about being a sitting duck. I'm not big on film trivia, but it reminded me of about the only line I actually remember from a movie, from Die Hard 2: a policeman on an escalator says "what do I look like to you?", then the bad guy answers "a sitting duck" - and shoots.

Sure, Dan has his own problems, not least P's bad habit of chasing his wives(!), but it would be so nice to see them have some scenes together, have them both offer one another some support, slight problem that Dan doesn't know of the specific danger of Zoe, but he could still appreciate Peter's tough job. After all, we haven't yet seen them have the in depth talk Pete promised while Dan was in hospital.

We saw the inside of P's home at long last! Liked Tracey's comment that he should get a cleaner. I love all the locations they use, even briefly, odd houses etc, makes it more interesting and real. There wasn't too much to notice, a calendar on the fridge, an upside down picture of a fish, two paintings in the bedroom, a rather nice view of a field and a lake? or not?, in the distance out the back.

Coincidentally the bomb has two minutes left just as he gets there, as the alarm clock did in the factory when he arrived at it. The casting department obviously took their time in choosing a highly-trained and experienced clock and bomb, who could be relied on to perform at the exact second required... Ticking is never going to be quite as innocent again; I was listening to "Hung up" by Madonna, "tick tick tock it's a quarter to two" and later the sound of a clock, both instant reminders!

A most fascinating line from Tracey: "If you die, Zoe wins anyway". Precisely. Did the writers not pay attention to the Scriptwriting Bible, which states that the hero is supposed to win the final battle, not die a tragic death at the hands of the villain?

I wonder why Zoe is targeting him above anyone else, hope we get a reason at some point, but I suppose psychopaths don't need to explain themselves. There was the possibility she was just using him as a figurehead for the police in general, but it seems to be getting very personal. I'm just beginning to sense that she and the writers are really going to put him through it. Awww. How good is this going to be to watch? - yes, please to some deeper emotional scenes, but I'm not sure if I want to see Pete have a complete mental breakdown. :unsure:

I figure this is the best place to ask..Does anyone know how olf and what his/her name is of his Child?

Well, I guess the baby is around 5 months old (I read a while ago in an interview that she was born just a week after he shot his last scene, and something about that being good timing, so I guess she was born in april, but I'm not sure). It's a girl with the beautiful name Ava Lily.

swfc - congrats on getting your fan card! I do wonder what should best be done with them though - if you display one anywhere, does it not completely distract you every time you're in the same room? I mean, doesn't it just stare appealingly at you? :wub:

Thanks CJ! I still haven't found a place to put it yet. Altho my mate did ask me to frame it up. Oh yes, definitely! It is a real distraction but it's a welcome one, that's for sure! :wub::P

I figure this is the best place to ask..Does anyone know how olf and what his/her name is of his Child?

Well, I guess the baby is around 5 months old (I read a while ago in an interview that she was born just a week after he shot his last scene, and something about that being good timing, so I guess she was born in april, but I'm not sure). It's a girl with the beautiful name Ava Lily.

Aww, that's such a beautiful name!

Archived