Nicholas Bishop

Guest The Cure

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more episode comments:

Pete sure is dedicated - or scared! He even wears his gun at home (puzzling over the Maxine Trood anagram). It would've been a rare opportunity to see him in more casual clothes.

As Tracey arrived at his flat, I liked the camera that followed her and P. as they walked into another room, it was outside the building and passed over a reflection of the window.

Another good line, as they discover the bag of fertilizer, Pete: I think we can safely now say it's not for her rose garden!"

It ended with the e-mail invitation from Zoe to meet her at the abattoir. Alone. He should of course have politely declined such a romantic offer. (She should have offered to bring him some roses from this garden of hers to make it more tempting.) But that wouldn't make for good TV (though seeing him at a candlelit dinner with Tracey instead would have pleased the Channel 5 episode reviewer, who seems to like the chemistry between them!), so he didn't hesitate to zoom off there, without telling anyone. Not terribly sensible, but fearless, our hero. At least he doesn't turn off his computer, or even close his e-mails - the planet won't be so pleased, but luckily Jack doesn't hesitate to snoop!

Onto ep. 4206:

The Channel 5 announcer actually kicked it off amusingly for once, with something like,"we're back in the abattoir, and Peter's dead meat!"

The "coming soon" section of this site has fascinated me for a while. There are sometimes small discrepancies between them and what actually happens, and I keep intending to enquire who's writing them. It seems they might be based on draft scripts or something? There are several here. At the start it says "Peter approaches the abattoir - flashes of his last encounter with Zoe flashing before his eyes." Perhaps, unfortunately, some actual flashbacks were cut at this point? She didn't try to hit him over the head, and he didn't find her again by feeling a gun in his back.

Another line about a sitting duck - they must've known I liked the first one!

I'll get my main complaint out of the way early - the thing I didn't like about it all was Zoe overpowering him. Twice. He really should be winning over her physically (after all he's won plenty of us over physically. Sorry!). Surely a detective had some combat training?

I wasn't sure how much of the time she was holding a gun on him, because if she was we couldn't really see it. If she wasn't, he could surely have escaped, so I'll assume she was.

Quite funny that Zoe believes she's found religion, "God took Laura so I could get away". Not so keen on her "you really are a lousy detective", as there could be an element, just an element, of truth to it. Just occasionally. He was the only officer who figured out the anagram after all.

Someone mentioned her lines about sequels were from, or similar to, Scream. I thought they were a bit familiar, not really bothered as they were good the first time round!

Great line #2: Zoe, "Never send a boy to do a man's job."

Great line #3: Alf, "If he's half as smart as I think he is, he'll just bite his tongue and do as he's told". It was the segue between this wedding planning scene to Jack in peril on the platform that made it so great.

I don't know why but it took about 30 replays to figure out the word "exchange" in this little exchange - Zoe: "I only care about getting what I want", P: "then exchange me for Jack and you've got me right where you want me." It's not as though Nic doesn't have a clear voice either. :rolleyes:

I wonder what her plan was that she wanted Peter to finish for her.

If you look really carefully as Pete rushes up the outside staircase while Jack's hanging over the railings, you can see a wire holding "Jack". Clearly he's always prepared for anything. Not a criticism - I *like* seeing how they did it! I can't be sure it wasn't Paul O'B. - would they let him dangle over that drop with a wire?

I thought when Peter mentioned taking a holiday, it was the tiniest of preparations to the audience that he wasn't going to be around for a while. Then he reflects about not remembering a time when Sarah or Zoe weren't out there - and I start thinking what's next, what *would* Peter do without them? (I'd love to find out.) It would've been more fun to watch Peter's victory speech to her at the end, if it really was a victory. He's hardly smiled for months, great to see it(*), even if it quickly faded once Zoe opened her mouth and wound him up all over again!

Loved all the little touches, literally when she tweaked his hair annoyingly (cutely?!), a hook swinging at him reminded me of the old episode, a row of foreboding looking hooks in the foreground of a shot, how she jauntily walked along a wall in the huge room with the tiny walls. And that Danger... sign was so cool. The camera angles were wonderful throughout. Especially the very high one in the enormous room while they had their first little chat and she explained surviving the explosion. The rotating one upwards as Peter climbed the inside stairwell after Jack. When Zoe was in custody, the reflections of Tracey and Peter on the inner window. I loved the abattoir set, all the mysterious rooms, stairways, and outside too, with staircases, high drops...it was perfect.

It's easy to elevate what you're currently watching against episodes you faintly remember from 5, 10+ years ago, but I don't know if I ever enjoyed an episode more, it was just fantastic. Hopefully all involved feel that their 15 hour days were worth it.

(*) I carefully avoided considering this question until the end, it's too distracting, but I'd say if I had to pick from his eyes or smile (and I couldn't really, because it's not just one or the other, but his voice, everything) I'd go for his smile. Which is amazing. And that seems a good point to end on!

^ Are you stealing it for me, Shannon? :P

Okay, Nic's smile and eyes are what gets to me. Something about them. I think that 4206 was his best episode so far. Eventhough, he was tortured, in a way, by Zoe. But, I have to agree that it is the first time that we see him smile after so long.

And, Shannon, I know :ph34r:

What do you know? :o

The same thing that everyone knows.

I was actually stealing it for myself :blush:

Oh well, there goes my free photos, then :P

His eyes are better then his smile <_<

His eyes are dreamy. His smile is, no words can describe it. His smile is just :wub:

Archived