Nicholas Bishop

Guest The Cure

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a guest cast before then and then signed up for his 2 year contract and then he was a permanent cast and then they took it off and then with the new ones, he wasn't on.

I swear, they are seriously messing with us. :P *keeps fingers crossed that Nic will be on the opening credits soon* :D

Bloom- I don't think he's going to be leaving just yet. At least not until his 2 year contract is up. [He so should've signed on for longer :) ]

Hmm. I'm still wondering about the contracts thing and how it works. If he did sign a two year one, they obviously had no problem in letting him go in the middle of it. I guess what it basically means is that it would be difficult for him to decide to leave during that time?

I was remembering I said that maybe the producers have put Nic through it almost as much as us. (With him really thinking he was leaving the show versus us thinking that Peter was gone.) That has ever since sounded a bit bad/wrong/unfeeling to me, because as much as it would have completely sucked for Pete to have died in the barn explosion, and for us never to see him on H&A again, being a part of the show is Nic's actual real life at the moment, which is probably more important to him than seeing Pete on our screens is to us. (If you see what I mean!) I remain surprised that it seems like a last minute thought to bring him back, they perhaps have put the story above any one character, which is as it really should be (except maybe not in the case of our favourite, who we'd like to stay no matter how unlikely the explanation!).

Amazing the speed at which they removed P. out of the credits. All credit (heh) to them for being so up-to-date though. I'm definitely not a fan of the opening titles appearing a few scenes into the episode. And I think I'd rather have them at the start than drop them altogether. I think H&A does its actors a big favour by including their names at the start because you get to know them much better than on, say, Neighbours.

re: Peter crying - or not: if he didn't when Dan was at death's door, after the nightmare when Zoe shot him, with relief after she was in custody, or on seeing Dan again after emerging from his own death bed, then I don't think anything except a particularly evil onion is going to do it!

We may not be seeing anything at all of him in the UK at the moment, but I'm pleased that he's being mentioned quite a bit.

As ever, I really like how the characters refer to one another, Colleen, and I think Morag, say "Detective Baker", and Ric talked about Dan as "Mr Baker", which sounded both odd, but correct.

Amanda babbling about him on a sailing outing, trying to impress a girlfriend and being accused of stealing a boat, was fun, I really hope we see him on a boat at some point now.

I liked the scenic, er, scene, with Dan, Amanda and Irene looking down from a hill over a lake. And Irene letting Dan know she'd be thinking of him at the memorial service.

Colleen has designed Peter a special plaque! How nice of her. And she has Ric and Cassie cooking 500 lamingtons to pay for it! I seem to remember that H&A was the first place I heard of these cakes, I have a firm memory of someone in Alf & Ailsa's kitchen making a ton for some reason. Perhaps Blake and Karen? Good to learn that "decimated" coconut is one of the ingredients. :) Colleen came up with another lovely phrase, which would be a great epitaph too, "he went above and below the call of duty" - sounded interesting!

I'm worried that we're discovering more about Pete in "death" than while he was "alive". I suppose that's only because the entire focus of his story was on Zoe until now, as he said he himself couldn't remember a time before Sarah/Zoe were around.

Dan going through his possessions was just fascinating. A picture of a young Peter playing cricket - was it really him? A tale from Dan about Pete envying his football trophy and winning it off him! I love these little stories about their past. Pete collected horror?...sci-fi? comics! He and Dan used to read them under the bedcovers! And he stored them carefully in plastic folders! For his children, speculated Dan, sadly. What a cool guy/what a cool scene.

It was an unexpectedly touching moment as Dan found out that (An)Drew is Peter's son tonight. I'm sure Drew is going to appear any minute, I just really hope I like him and that I don't view him as something of a Pete replacement, the next best thing, for three months - since nobody could do that with any success. I even found myself somewhat annoyed that Drew was "on an excursion" because I can't wait to meet him!

Thursday 16th November : Peter and Amanda give in to their desires.

Friday 17th November: Leah is shocked to discover that Peter is having an affair.

Affair? Oh come on, Amanda isn't married at all. It's so not an affair. Forbidden romance, more like it.

Amazing the speed at which they removed P. out of the credits. All credit (heh) to them for being so up-to-date though. I'm definitely not a fan of the opening titles appearing a few scenes into the episode. And I think I'd rather have them at the start than drop them altogether. I think H&A does its actors a big favour by including their names at the start because you get to know them much better than on, say, Neighbours.

It's more annoying than anything really. However cheesy the opening credits are, I actually miss them. And you're so right. They even removed him really quickly from the official site as well. [shouldn't he be put on there already since he's back on screens in Oz? As it is, he isn't even on the opening credits when it showed.

*shrugs*

re: Peter crying - or not: if he didn't when Dan was at death's door, after the nightmare when Zoe shot him, with relief after she was in custody, or on seeing Dan again after emerging from his own death bed, then I don't think anything except a particularly evil onion is going to do it!

I think he did cry when Dan was in hospital. Well, more like on the verge of tears when I last saw that episode.

I'm worried that we're discovering more about Pete in "death" than while he was "alive". I suppose that's only because the entire focus of his story was on Zoe until now, as he said he himself couldn't remember a time before Sarah/Zoe were around.

Dan going through his possessions was just fascinating. A picture of a young Peter playing cricket - was it really him? A tale from Dan about Pete envying his football trophy and winning it off him! I love these little stories about their past. Pete collected horror?...sci-fi? comics! He and Dan used to read them under the bedcovers! And he stored them carefully in plastic folders! For his children, speculated Dan, sadly. What a cool guy/what a cool scene.

That's what I thought when he died on our screens. And I thought it was silly in a way to know more about a guy when he was dead rather than when he was alive. Then again, we know so little about the entire Baker family so I guess, in a way, by giving out more information about Peter when he's dead rather than alive, it does kind of serve as something to remember him by [not that any of us will ever forget him]. It's funny how he's mentioned so often when he was dead rather than when he was alive.

As to Drew'w arrival, enjoy it.

He was a guest cast before then and then signed up for his 2 year contract and then he was a permanent cast and then they took it off and then with the new ones, he wasn't on.

I swear, they are seriously messing with us. :P *keeps fingers crossed that Nic will be on the opening credits soon* :D

Bloom- I don't think he's going to be leaving just yet. At least not until his 2 year contract is up. [He so should've signed on for longer :) ]

Hmm. I'm still wondering about the contracts thing and how it works. If he did sign a two year one, they obviously had no problem in letting him go in the middle of it. I guess what it basically means is that it would be difficult for him to decide to leave during that time?

I was remembering I said that maybe the producers have put Nic through it almost as much as us. (With him really thinking he was leaving the show versus us thinking that Peter was gone.) That has ever since sounded a bit bad/wrong/unfeeling to me, because as much as it would have completely sucked for Pete to have died in the barn explosion, and for us never to see him on H&A again, being a part of the show is Nic's actual real life at the moment, which is probably more important to him than seeing Pete on our screens is to us. (If you see what I mean!) I remain surprised that it seems like a last minute thought to bring him back, they perhaps have put the story above any one character, which is as it really should be (except maybe not in the case of our favourite, who we'd like to stay no matter how unlikely the explanation!).

We may not be seeing anything at all of him in the UK at the moment, but I'm pleased that he's being mentioned quite a bit.

As ever, I really like how the characters refer to one another, Colleen, and I think Morag, say "Detective Baker", and Ric talked about Dan as "Mr Baker", which sounded both odd, but correct.

Amanda babbling about him on a sailing outing, trying to impress a girlfriend and being accused of stealing a boat, was fun, I really hope we see him on a boat at some point now.

I liked the scenic, er, scene, with Dan, Amanda and Irene looking down from a hill over a lake. And Irene letting Dan know she'd be thinking of him at the memorial service.

Colleen has designed Peter a special plaque! How nice of her. And she has Ric and Cassie cooking 500 lamingtons to pay for it! I seem to remember that H&A was the first place I heard of these cakes, I have a firm memory of someone in Alf & Ailsa's kitchen making a ton for some reason. Perhaps Blake and Karen? Good to learn that "decimated" coconut is one of the ingredients. :) Colleen came up with another lovely phrase, which would be a great epitaph too, "he went above and below the call of duty" - sounded interesting!

It was an unexpectedly touching moment as Dan found out that (An)Drew is Peter's son tonight. I'm sure Drew is going to appear any minute, I just really hope I like him and that I don't view him as something of a Pete replacement, the next best thing, for three months - since nobody could do that with any success. I even found myself somewhat annoyed that Drew was "on an excursion" because I can't wait to meet him!

That's got to bee one of the longest post's i've seen :D !

I don't think contracts matter much anymore,you can easily get out of them.Loook at Bec Cartwright,she left with very little notice.

Nic knew he was coming back when he was filming the explosion were he supposedly ''died''.He thought his death would be the end of Peter but the producers come up with a way for him to come back before he actually left.So yes he had a few months of but he knew he'd be back before he finished filming!

I love Drew...Don't judge a book by it's cover,people grieve in different ways is all i'll say about him.

Archived