Nicholas Bishop

Guest The Cure

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some rainy day I need to read/re-read this thread. I read some from the beginning but I think there's a fair bit I haven't got to yet. Should be a lot of fun!

Haha, that would take you ages! If you managed to you should get a prize! Lol, u can hold me to that :D

I have read up to about page 170 I must admit the Nic/Pete fans that post plenty then just dissapear is quite a big number

Some rainy day I need to read/re-read this thread. I read some from the beginning but I think there's a fair bit I haven't got to yet. Should be a lot of fun!

Haha, that would take you ages! If you managed to you should get a prize! Lol, u can hold me to that :D

I have read up to about page 170 I must admit the Nic/Pete fans that post plenty then just dissapear is quite a big number

I know myself, and quite a few others stopped because people started posting spoilers, due to Nic returning to australian screens. Whilst Australia are having a break however, im quite happy to return and chat about Nic!! :P

As for other people, shame on them if they've gone off Peter!!!!

yeah they have a life of their own! we should name them..any suggestions?

Yeah ive got some names 'Tweedle Dee & Tweedle dumb' Would explain why he's so slow at catching on to things! :huh:

Hahahaha I found the names for Nics freckles :P

I've just been reading the older posts, in the good old days!! They're so funny!

I know myself, and quite a few others stopped because people started posting spoilers, due to Nic returning to australian screens. Whilst Australia are having a break however, im quite happy to return and chat about Nic!! :P

yeah they have a life of their own! we should name them..any suggestions?

Yeah ive got some names 'Tweedle Dee & Tweedle dumb' Would explain why he's so slow at catching on to things! :huh:

Hahahaha I found the names for Nics freckles :P

I've just been reading the older posts, in the good old days!! They're so funny!

^^I remember reading about the freckles and their naming. I think it was around the time i first came on to this site and found it when i was browsing around. When i read it i couldnt stop laughing. Nic has some truly dedicated fans.

to swfc - I'm generally not impressed by merging the names of a couple to refer to them together, it usually sounds plain wrong, but "Panda" is genius! Love it.

:D

Holidays are a good time to catch up on Nic

My thoughts exactly!

I was just about to write the video store where I got it out, but then I realised I had already said that I was trying to copy it... :unsure:

What happened was I was after this spanish film and the video store has a site where you can look up what movies they have, so just for fun I looked up Nicholas Bishop... which they had "Walking on Water", and "Occasional Coarse language"... so it is rentable...

Would it be alright it you PMed me with the name of the store? I'd love to watch 'Walking on Water' and 'Ocassional Coarse Language.' Something that'll keep me occupied until January 22nd. Thanks heaps. :D

Hehe, I went away for a bit too, but mainly because of the extreme fangirlyness that was happening! If Nic had come on at that time and read the posts I would be so embarrassed, and I'm sure he would be too! :D Lets just say nowadays the conversations are alot more mature (while we can still squee when we need to lol!)

And yes, the people posting over the whole thread has continually changed as people come and go, but that might not be because they've gone off Peter... or at least I hope not!

Ha, while there's plenty of rain here, I wasn't planning on trying to read the whole thing at once! :)

Okay, I was bored and I decided to go through the Nic thread. I started it at 5pm my time and it's 6.43pm now and I got up til page 100. Even then I have seen a LOT of appreciating and I have made some observations. I will continue to go through all 398 pages [atm] and see the changes in this thread. It's the holidays and I really am bored. So, a few things that I have seen:

Peter being thought of as gay; Clare being pregnant because she looked fat in one of the episodes; Peter/Sally eloping with each other; a lot of mentions of the gun holster and the white shirt; there was even talk of a H&A spinoff of Peter/Clare in the city; a lot of talk of Nic & the wetsuit; the shipping of Peter with people such as Josie, Morag, Leah, Sally, and Kit [Musie, that was you]; The Cure's comment of how Peter always wore his gun everywhere and her quote that he wears his gun like "life support" [that really cracked me up]; a lof of people wanted Peter arresting Bret Macklin and they were annoyed when he didn't. [i personally saw that as hillarious]; In page 69 particularly, he was known as the worst tv cop ever but he made it up with his looks; A couple of avs on page 73; Obsession with Peter's shoes; And something very important on page 79, Bex has listed all of Peter's episode until 4018 when he leaves with Clare.

A main observation was that whenever Peter left the show, the thread would slide down for a bit.

Being a TV Cop

Just to commend how well Nicholas portrayed Peter Baker - he followed every single rule in the TV Cop rulebook:

1 Be a maverick and disobey orders from your superior

2 Have crappy personal/romantic relationships and look for normality in an otherwise tumultuous and jaded life (e.g fall for young single pretty mothers with a ready made family, a relative's spouse or fall for your female colleague or female boss, knowing it will not last so you can blame the job)

3 Live, breathe, eat and sleep your job and the cases you deal with

4 Form a personal and antagonistic, cat-and-mouse relationship with the criminal you're trying to get (exchange emails with eachother as a form of communication)

5 Look sexy while rolling around in dirt and jumping out of fire-inflamed buildings

6 Keep your personal life away from others (not that you have one) and never let anyone know or see where you live

7 Be an outsider and never get involved with social events unless its connected to work

8 Be a martyr and risk your life for others who may not thank you for it.

9 Have a vice or personal problem if possible (choose from the following; sex, drugs, gambling, depression, smoking or other)

10 Look hot and charismatic and tormented with a furrowed brow while doing all of the above!

Have I missed any? :D

I particularly love this observation and agreed with it.

Peter is a shoddy cop. I love him to pieces, but even I will admit that. He gets very stressed and a bit psychotic in his pursuit of criminals, but he never actually gets any of them.

Examples:

1. The first Sarah Leiws fiasco. She ran beserk through the town with Peter at her heels, shot Jesse, then ran off to find some more people to shoot. Our lovely Detective Baker didn't actually catch her until she ran into the Palace and sort of broke down in the bathroom. And that doesn't really count as catching her, as she basically gave herself up.

2. The second Sarah Lewis fiasco. He left the entire group of people that Sarah wanted to kill, knowing full well that she was running wild through the town, high on Crystal Math and weilding a gun, to go "check on the City team", came back, noticed the house was strangely quiet, assumed they were all playing hide-and-seek or something and there was nothing unusual about the situation at all, got himself knocked out and comatosed for three months by a girl hiding behinmd a door, whilst lovely Noah Lawson was murdered in the very same room.

3. The stalker. Had no less than FIVE months to figure out the puzzle and realise that the peron he was after was living right under his nose. Didn't put the pieces together until a picture of Zoe was basically shoved in his face and he was told "THIS IS THE BLOODY STALKER AND SHE IS HIDING OUT IN THIS WAREHOUSE AT THIS ADDRESS NOW GO AND GET HER YOU INCOMPETENT MORON!". And even then he only he got Sally out at the very last millisecond left before the whole buliding blew to smithereens and they were both brown bread.

4. Matida's kidnapper. Actually caught the guy, interrogated him, the guy said "No, wasn't me." Peter said "ok then, off you trot". Told everyone it absolutely wasn't him, this guy is a pillar of society, coudn't possibly have been him etc. Turns out it was that guy after all. Local teeengers are the ones who figure out where she is and save her life whilst Peter is off having a surf. :huh:

5. Has made multiple false arrests, absolutely convinced that he has the right guy each time, but never actually does. (Marc Edwards, Josie etc...).

I love him to pieces, as I said, but, honestly, I think he should be struck off.

I found that interesting read.

When the going gets tough.......................... Peter goes for a surf :D

Well anyone want the final say lol He's a bit crap lol good job he's got a cheeky grin lol

Colette's comment here was another crack up.

Lets see how you match up against our Nick!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/teens/girls/funstuff/...alculator.shtml

I did this... For the heck of it.... Quite interesting... Came up with 98%... Yes, I have no life....

^^ I prefer Peter and Amanda.

He needs to be thrilled and feel the danger, she needs excitement and somebody who knows what they're doing.

The perfect attraction.

All you Peter/Amanda lovers will be happy with this.

Peter in seductive mode is Peter well written. :D

My new Peter ship list:

Peter/Jesse

Peter/Amanda

Peter/Leah

Peter/Dan

Peter/Kit

Peter/Tasha

Come to think of it... Peter/Beth...

The list of people that Peter was shipped with. Adding Peter/Morag in it.

How amazing would a Peter/Morag/Josie love (LUST!) triangle be?!

I particularly love the sound of this.

There you go. The end of my observation of Peter/Nic appreciation after 100 pages. Will attempt to do more after dinner or tomorrow. Have fun.

ETA: desiree101's explanation of Peter's first episode on page 33.

Archived