Entire first season on 7Plus!

Natasha

6 minutes ago, cymbaline said:

Did Donald ever formally foster anybody? 

I don’t think so? Casey was basically a boarder and Sam was his foster grandson via Bobby 

EDIT: Viv was formal I just remembered there was a whole saga with Rev Newton where Bobby pushed him into the cupboard under the stairs when she and Viv got Tammy out DOCS became involved and Viv opted to stay at Don’s

Edited by Bobby Forever Missed

7 hours ago, nenehcherry2 said:

All of those street kids who just happened to rock up in Summer Bay, the fostering capital of Australia of all places in the World... Beginning with Dodge and culminating in THAT Pig Latin speaker in the mid 00s... 🙄🙄

Not a fan of Tasha, I see?😁

Back to Curtis, the Rosses were pretty full up.  Michael/Pip in master bedroom, Damo/Jack, Chris/Sam and Sal alone. I suppose they could have magiced up that downstairs room Danny lived in or that convenient room Donna ended up living in for Curtis while Shannon still shared with with Sal but I guess the Stewarts had the room...  

3 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

I don’t think so? Casey was basically a boarder and Sam was his foster grandson via Bobby 

EDIT: Viv was formal I just remembered there was a whole saga with Rev Newton where Bobby pushed him into the cupboard under the stairs when she and Viv got Tammy out DOCS became involved and Viv opted to stay at Don’s

Yep Howard West agreed to let Tammy go back with Rev Fruitloop under a supervision order. He went back to mistreating her once the heat was off and she legged it to find Viv the following year.

10 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Back to Curtis, the Rosses were pretty full up.  Michael/Pip in master bedroom, Damo/Jack, Chris/Sam and Sal alone. I suppose they could have magiced up that downstairs room Danny lived in or that convenient room Donna ended up living in for Curtis while Shannon still shared with with Sal but I guess the Stewarts had the room...  

Yep Howard West agreed to let Tammy go back with Rev Fruitloop under a supervision order. He went back to mistreating her once the heat was off and she legged it to find Viv the following year.

Haha! Well, I ended up loving Tasha (as far as my limited mid 00s viewing went) but I did find the arrival story a little bug-bearing to say the least! 🐖🐖🔠

I fully understand the logistical reasons why Pippa couldn't take them in but it was still a stretch (character wise) for Ailsa and Alf to be the solution. I did like how this was LOOSELY reflected in the writing (with the unusual nuance that, this time, Ailsa was the reluctant one whilst Alf essentially missed his bond with Blake); showed some growth in Alf but also, whether intentionally or not, the very seeds of Ailsa's breakdown / change from "middle Ailsa" to "later Ailsa". I don't think that Alf, Sally and the others were right to push her into it. She had the right to say no. Then she has one chat with Frankie (along with some reinforced encouragement from Irene) and just changes her mind?! Typical 1994 💩 writing!!

Ultimately, she fails Curtis big time months later. She shows no empathy with how he's feeling over Laura's death and even dares to compare it all to how tired she is "what with Alf away". What a self-centered, uncaring analogy to make! A far cry from the warmly maternal attitude she showed her beloved Blake when he lost Meg. It was from that very point that Ailsa went from being a firm favourite of mine to a very disliked character; Alf abandoning her for panto... I mean... fishing trips didn't excuse it for me! 

It's very hard to believe late 90s era Ailsa helping out a character like Bobby in the way that 88 Ails did. The closest parallel was with Justine (who she approaches in a very Celia-esque way). 

10 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Correct! It was confirmed at some point in early 1990 that the fostering application had "finally" gone through. Viv even makes a joke with Emma about calling him "Daddy Flathead"! 😅😅

Clearly, the Department forgot that Don was a registered foster parent in later years as they never seemed to knock on his door again. Or are we supposed to assume that DOCs had an "exceptional cases" category where someone would be approved for one particular case only (e.g. the Stewarts with Bob?).

Edited by nenehcherry2
  • Like 1