If Colby Thorne had different character arc (by j.laur5) - comments

christine king

I didn’t want Colby to go to jail for killing Ross and the last few months of his character arc on the show was bad but he was still one of my fav characters. Dean ending up with Colby’s storyline instead wouldn’t have made me feel better about it. Honesty Ross deserved to die and jail wasn’t going to stop him so death was the only way to end him. The justice system is so ****ed they put good people away for doing the right thing but let others off the hook for doing the wrong thing it’s completely bs and we need to do better. Colby and Ziggy as a couple is just so weird to me like I just don’t see that at all. Colby and Mackenzie ending up back together would of made more sense at least their connection was real although I do agree Chelsea was his one true love and always will be, shame she left him.

• Thanks 1

On 28/09/2023 at 12:16, christine king said:

I didn’t want Colby to go to jail for killing Ross and the last few months of his character arc on the show was bad but he was still one of my fav characters. Dean ending up with Colby’s storyline instead wouldn’t have made me feel better about it. Honesty Ross deserved to die and jail wasn’t going to stop him so death was the only way to end him. The justice system is so ****ed they put good people away for doing the right thing but let others off the hook for doing the wrong thing it’s completely bs and we need to do better. Colby and Ziggy as a couple is just so weird to me like I just don’t see that at all. Colby and Mackenzie ending up back together would have made more sense at least their connection was real although I do agree Chelsea was his one true love and always will be, shame she left him.

But if Tim Franklin was not leaving show at that point they could easily have changed it that Colby wasn’t sentenced to jail or at least released after a month or so. 

I think they made a mistake with doing Colby backstory the way they did it and killing Ross as it just made his character too predictable on how his exit was going  to be. I just think Tim Franklin  suited  playing good guy more and Colby was more believable as a  good guy. I think if they did Colby backstory differently and not had Colby kill Ross then I think  Colby could be quite a likeable character even though I always found him likeable because here’s  one my favourite characters ever because he was such complex character and could understand where he  was coming from.

But having said that I by no means in anyway  calling Tim are bad actor and he played Colby   very well  as Complex character and  when Colby went on darker path.  

But I think I just would preferred it if he had more lighter character arc. 

Edited by j.laur5

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to If Colby Thorne had different character arc (by j.laur5) - comments