Bobby and Frank

adam436

19 hours ago, adam436 said:

I doubt he has, given the producers reluctance to celebrate the past. There is also another Morgan in the show now, which may confuse viewers who aren't aware who Frank is.

That's true, though an ex-husband resurfacing would shake things up a bit. They dredged up Martha and Heather from the mythical pasts of Alf and Marilyn so why not an ex-husband? Though the Morgan thing is probably an equally big dealbreaker now. 

2 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Somehow, the highest-rating love interest for Bobby is Alan.

Haha, now that's disturbing! (but true)

I think the attempt was definitely to recreate Scott and Charlene. 

Charlene and Bobby were both tomboy-ish and upfront, and Scott and Frank were both dull male "hearthrobs". 

I never found Frank that attractive in all honesty. Having just rewatched 1988, Martin Dibble is more physically attractive to me, but obviously his character was written as a comedic fool, not a male romantic lead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cymbaline said:

That's true, though an ex-husband resurfacing would shake things up a bit. They dredged up Martha and Heather from the mythical pasts of Alf and Marilyn so why not an ex-husband? Though the Morgan thing is probably an equally big dealbreaker now. 

Haha, now that's disturbing! (but true)

Will and Lily Smith returned when Romeo Smith was on the show. I don't think the Morgan thing would be that much of a deal-breaker.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, hapitoby said:

Will and Lily Smith returned when Romeo Smith was on the show. I don't think the Morgan thing would be that much of a deal-breaker.

I forgot about that one actually. Either way, the writers are more likely to create a new ex-husband from Roo's absent years than they are to bring back Frank :lol:

On 31/01/2024 at 06:46, adam436 said:

I forgot about that one actually. Either way, the writers are more likely to create a new ex-husband from Roo's absent years than they are to bring back Frank :lol:

Yeah very much so..or give her a long lost child ?

• Haha 1

On 29/01/2024 at 00:14, nenehcherry2 said:

Totally agree. Bobby was on fire in 88 and (in a pretty different way) later 89-early 92. 

Being the (quite rightly since they both treated her like a doormat) nagging, strong-minded wife to two very chauvinistic, self-centred men became tired very quickly in each instance.

Although imagine a man who is laid back being on the receiving end of a nagging girlfriend/wife. Frank Morgan and Scott Robinson grew up in a different era where feminism was still virtually non existent. As did I as well. I once dated a feminist and I once told her she need to go to Middle Eastern countries to see what chauvinism really means.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2024 at 20:27, adam436 said:

Charlene and Bobby were both tomboy-ish and upfront, and Scott and Frank were both dull male "hearthrobs". 

I never found Frank that attractive in all honesty. Having just rewatched 1988, Martin Dibble is more physically attractive to me, but obviously his character was written as a comedic fool, not a male romantic lead.

I completely agree RE Alex Papps / Frank. He's good looking but I just don't fancy him for some reason. Whereas I think that Adam Willits is BEAUTIFUL by about 1990 and even more so later in the 90s. 

On 02/02/2024 at 12:43, Homeandawayfan. said:

Although imagine a man who is laid back being on the receiving end of a nagging girlfriend/wife. Frank Morgan and Scott Robinson grew up in a different era where feminism was still virtually non existent. As did I as well. I once dated a feminist and I once told her she need to go to Middle Eastern countries to see what chauvinism really means.

Interesting! When & where did you live in the Middle East? I spent a year in Oman in 2019.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2024 at 20:27, adam436 said:

Scott at least had ambition. Yeah he was a surfie/skaterboi (at least a good 15yrs before those terms were widely used) but his dream was to become a journo like his other Gran, Bess and he did it. Frank just seemed like Jack of all trades despite succeeding in business.

3 hours ago, nenehcherry2 said:

I completely agree RE Alex Papps / Frank. He's good looking but I just don't fancy him for some reason. Whereas I think that Adam Willits is BEAUTIFUL by about 1990 and even more so later in the 90s. 

Interesting! When & where did you live in the Middle East? I spent a year in Oman in 2019.

Interestingly enough, Isla Fisher was born in Muscat.

• Like 1