2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Well I liked it. WOW and double WOW - Justin certainly pulled it out of the bag and showed Leah should have had a lot more faith in him.  It was a beautiful place, very stylish and not OTT well not in mho. Do we know where it was actually filmed?  I've Googled it!   Despite the comments on H&A FB forum the top of the dress wasn't as sheer as it looked.   Everybody looked very smart, even Valerie, guess that was a little something she found in the city.   That was an interesting meeting between Valerie and Ava, Valerie looked very put out, this young girl flinging herself at Theo.  I did wonder how their reunion  would go but I guess Ava has grown up a lot since then.   Had a quick Google and Justin and Leah  have been together as  a couple since  2019, but of course they  have been off and on again during that time.   Maybe it was a metaphorical aisle.  It was a bit of a tease with VJ turning up at the last moment and Justin's cryptic note at last making sense. There weren't many regulars there but there were the usual Wedding extras.   Tori's 'going rogue' speech was very heartfelt as were Leah's and Justin's and John did a great job,👏 and no caustic remark from Alf.  It was a relief it didn't rain, one thing Justin, or anybody, could have controlled. 

Good explanation of why Grace wasn't there, it would be hard bringing over  a two/thee year old on a 23 hour flight and as she said Christian was working. 

That was sudden Marilyn not going because of Lindsey being in hospital so she decided to go to see her. 

Where are Leah and Justin going on honeymoon, are they going back to Cyprus with VJ?   Will Leah be changing her surname to Morgan? 

I guess we needed a break from all the other drama going on and it was good Justin and Theo's exchange  happened at the end, Theo's a rubbish liar.  Though I dare say there will be some drama when Justin and Leah come back from honeymoon and she  finds out what Theo has been up   to and the fact Justin had hidden it from her.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't have said Justin and Leah had a particular reputation for being on and off, although I guess they've had a bit of drama.And they may have a bit more in the offing because Justin's got to be having a laugh, hasn't he?Does he really think that a diktat that Valerie move out of the house before they're back is going to magically solve everything with Leah never needing know?For a start, he's obviously never met a young man in love if he thinks Theo's just going to do as he says and then flick a switch and forget about her.And Leah is going to have a lot of questions, and will possibly be more willing to give Valerie a chance than he is.Whether she'll take that chance is another matter.She insisted having a home and family was what she wanted most, but Theo should maybe consider the fact that she was willing to give up him for it but not the drugs.

Luc got a mention although, as with Brody and Raffy, no-one says why she isn't there.It was a nice touch to have VJ want to go and check on Jett, remembering their friendship, and good that we hear that the still-unseen Lindsey is all right.I think, CaptainHulk, that John is just naturally merry: No artificial stimulants required! And his celebrant sideline is gathering pace...

And talking of unseen characters....wow, the legendary Sarge does exist! Sergeant Callan according to the credits, who presumably replaced the seldom-seen Sergeant Cooper at some point. Part of me thinks he's jumping to conclusions about Rose, who seems to have been very professional in dealing with the situation, but then again, her doing favours for friends isn't unheard of.(Yes, I'm thinking of her inexplicably letting Leah off a dangerous driving charge again.)Still, it'd be nice if Callan applied his hard-nosed attitude to someone who actually deserves it like Tane or Mali (or Harper, judging by the promo), but it seems to have been mostly to set up Rose being a bit more diligent with her friends than she normally would be. (Oh, and we hear that the DNA test on Sonia came back positive, so Rose is more diligent than Cash on these things anyway!)

Yes the mythical Sarge but now we know he exists can he now F-off again.😠 He was an absolute bully towards Rose, she's been doing his job while he's been in hiding, doing his press conferences as he couldn't be bothered.  When did we actually see a Sarge at Yabbie Creek nick?  Being  devil's advocate he may have his superiors on his back but still no way to behave towards his staff, well one in particular.   Local cops  do have a fine line to tread with interacting with the locals, they  live with them so as was mentioned later they  know them. So what if her boyfriend knows Tane, so does she.   Cash handed Leah and Justin's money back to them, that Suzie has stolen, without letting the police know it had been recovered so she hasn't been the only one to let things go under the radar.    She stuck to her guns about waiting until it was proved Sonia was Poppy's mum before putting it out to the press about Tane having taken her.  I was on her side actually, it going public could result in him making a run for it, currently he's local we're guessing, so could come to his senses and bring her back.  Now it's out there someone will come forward and say  this guy has been buying baby clothes, nappies, baby food and all the other paraphernalia. 

Seems Mali is trying to get Tane to speak to him too. 

That is why I'm suppose Rose  was so heavy on Theo but he in no way helped himself by taking off like he did, because he knew Valerie has stashed the drugs in one of the guitar cases, was it his?  Eden's comment to Rose being along the lines of she knows us and have nothing to hide but her co cop was here and he would have reported back to  Callan.  If, that fatal word, there was nothing to hide he would have stopped, all it was a broken tail light, nothing criminal, just been told to get it fixed when you get home.  Now they are all in deep 💩.  Lyrik may like the odd drink or six at times but drugs, the illegal kind - never!   I suppose Kirby will get it the neck by keeping quiet.   

Did Remi duck off to see Stevie, I thought she had gone? 🤔

Justin has lived  through Theo's turbulent love life before, Chloe, Kirby and now Valerie so has been there, done that.  He did mention what drugs can do to you as he and Brody had been down that path.  Methinks Theo isn't that into them, can take or leave them. 

Short but pleasant visit from VJ and Tori,  Simone wasn't mentioned or is her name still taboo?    John was really ****-a-hoop after his brilliant celebranting - is that a word - he's had two requests for him to officiate at other weddings.   Good news about Lindsey.  

• Like 1

Alf’s episode count this week: Four. Cash was only in one (although as mentioned, he was credited on Wednesday for no appearance).

I think Roo was looking at Tane with a few too many rose-tinted spectacles saying he was just trying to protect Poppy, I think it was more that he just couldn’t face up to the fact that he’s nothing to her and let other people look after her now he wasn’t needed. I agree he wouldn’t have hurt her though and Callan dubbing him "dangerous" was a bit over the top. His grip on reality continued to be flimsy: Doesn’t he remember what happened the last time he tried to skip the country in the middle of a police investigation? And that was just Colby victimising the family, this time he’s actually guilty. Oh well, at least Mali and Harper got through to him eventually and I like that Harper insisted on calling Poppy by her real name instead of indulging him and using the pet name he’d come up with. Sadly, it seems we’re now being set up for weeks of Tane moping around feeling sorry for himself while people mollycoddle him and try and convince him to defend himself, likely culminating in it all feeling like a waste of time.

I guess Rose was still in “I’m going to prove I can be a proper police officer with my friends” mode, because it seemed a bit extreme to insist on charging all three of them even though Theo had taken responsibility. How’s that going to hold up in court? I’d almost forgotten the ending with Eden’s uncanny ability to teleport in just as Mackenzie and Levi kissed. Explain your way out of that one.

Still catching up… what happened to the song Justin wrote? Is he supposed to have written This Old Love by Lior?

Marilyn’s exit seemed a last minute hasty explanation, presumably Emily Symons wasn’t available for the exterior scenes for some reason.

Brody & Raffy not being there was odd - and are Helen & Theo Snr still alive?

It was a lovely wedding though, and nice to see the cash splashed on the longer term cast.

Surprise return of Cousin Kiri. Probably fie the best that he left before the cops descended and tried to bag him an accessory and for harbouring a fugitive.

Leah's folks are likely still alive but contact is so sporadic.

21 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Short but pleasant visit from VJ and Tori,  Simone wasn't mentioned or is her name still taboo?   

Lazy writers. Anyway, Ziggy's long gone and if she were still around she'd be like "You CAN say her *name*, I'm over it. Good luck to her. "

10 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Lazy writers. Anyway, Ziggy's long gone and if she were still around she'd be like "You CAN say her *name*, I'm over it. Good luck to her. "

Well, I can see why Tori would consider Brody and Raffy the biggest draw.

• Like 1

One thing I'm glad was mentioned was that Mum would be monitored, it's clear that she needs support and the safe and care of the little one is the only thing that really matters, any of the adults feelings should have little bearing.

It's true Tane wouldn't have hurt her and I can also understand why Rose didn't say anything to Mum until DNA test was proved, she could've been just anyone so I think Sarge was hard but I'm also getting the 'not only a woman but a brown one' vibes from him.

Theo you are thinking with your rocket and not your brain, Valerie is incapable of loving anything but her drugs, it is the nature of the addict; I'm glad Kirby gave him a serve and was honest about it can't be made up; he can screw up his life if he likes but don't take everyone else down with you.

Line of the day had to go Eden when arrested; 'Oh great (!) An interview, something else he excels at', so true but it had me in stitches! 🤣

• Haha 3