2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

9 hours ago, Dan F said:

Call me cynical, but I thought his taiaha display at the beginning of the ep was also a rather transparent tactic to get any wavering fans back on side, ready to feel sorry for him for having to go to court. Yes he may have been behaving like a petulant child in recent weeks, but look at how his muscles glisten in the evening light. 🙄

I wonder if there'll be anything else to remind people of how great he is before he gets to court...

Jeez,  and I thought Me and Pembie were the Real Chief Mockers on here!

*snickers like Muttley*

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

*snickers like Muttley*

Someone is after our crown better go catch ourselves that  pigeon

• Haha 1

I enjoyed taiaha scene purely because I'm glad at any time to see any kind of Maori culture, actually any cultures than my own, every day's an education!

As much as I have loathed Stevie, I thought the scene were well shot (pun not intended) and it does give you that sense of fear; equally, I think the fact they brought the stalker back is actually far more truthful, especially for people who work in TV/film it's sadly a very real threat often as, like with soaps, some 'fans' can't seperate fact from fiction and those lines become so blurred that chaos can ensue.

3 hours ago, Foellfan said:

I enjoyed taiaha scene purely because I'm glad at any time to see any kind of Maori culture, actually any cultures than my own, every day's an education!

As much as I have loathed Stevie, I thought the scene were well shot (pun not intended) and it does give you that sense of fear; equally, I think the fact they brought the stalker back is actually far more truthful, especially for people who work in TV/film it's sadly a very real threat often as, like with soaps, some 'fans' can't seperate fact from fiction and those lines become so blurred that chaos can ensue.

Been 25yrs since the Jill Dando mess where she was gunned down on her own doorstep

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

*snickers like Muttley*

Imagine if they were to release Death Thropes imagine how we could really take the pee out of that 

If they ever do your have to come pick me up But I will buy the meal and popcorn 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Been 25yrs since the Jill Dando mess where she was gunned down on her own doorstep

It is scary how long ago it was but even more recent ones like Holly Willoughby and Rosie Marcel or Martin Shaw (the list is endless, in some ways), (even Kylie I believe); admittedly they thankfully didn't end fatally as threatened but certainly in Rosie's case it had lasting impacts.

The fallout looks exciting in the way it's been filmed.

Edited by Foellfan

1 hour ago, Foellfan said:

It is scary how long ago it was but even more recent ones like Holly Willoughby and Rosie Marcel or Martin Shaw (the list is endless, in some ways), (even Kylie I believe); admittedly they thankfully didn't end fatally as threatened but certainly in Rosie's case it had lasting impacts.

The fallout looks exciting in the way it's been filmed.

I didn’t know about Holly I thought last big thing to happen with her was jumping queue for the queen 

Kylie brought a song out about chillies lol

Well I didn't see Tana's talaha display as a transparent tactic to win over any wavering fans, but rather more of  a release of  his frustrations and fear.     He did seem a lot calmer after that and able to accept what may happen, he did insist Marshall tell him how long he could get.    Marshall is a very good lawyer.   Rose shut down Harper and  Dana trying to talk to her about the case which she is quite correct about, but Roo had to have her say.  Harper would I guess in the past been to trials before in her SW role either being there for people she's looking after or even given evidence for them. But for Dana it would be scary, she'll have Marshall cross examining her. 

Ari signed over his share of the ownership of the gym to Tane when he went into prison so he's only following family tradition, though  it would have been Nik who should get it but as nothing has been heard/said of him since Tane rang him I  guess he won't be making a reappearance.  It does make sense therefore it would be Felicity.   That will surprise her and I think she'll be touched to think he trusts her enough to look after it. Tane does have Sonia on his side and you can't call her a fan as she doesn't know him at all and she certainly didn't have to give evidence on his behalf, she easily have told them to go and do one.   

Yes definitely kiss of death moments when all those comments about having a good future from Remi and Stevie.   red flags and sirens sounding there too.  Stevie may have been hard work at times, but we never really got to know 'her' which now we never will.   I had to 😀  when Bree and Stevie were talking, obviously about him and he looked kinda worried but in fact Bree was warning Stevie not to hurt him.   Not giving anything away but we did see Bree working on Stevie.   The fact we knew something was going to happen did make it somewhat drawn out that it happened at the end. 

WTF were the cops who had Sydney Wickham in jail doing releasing him?😠 They knew he was dangerous, he wasn't  just throwing  empty threats around, he had  a gun, his place was seen with all those photos of Stevie.   He was to due to stand trial next week  so why now? Cash didn't have to be glued to Stevie's side,  she was surrounded  by the crew, Remi was there and so in no  danger.  The moment he got that call he was off to reach her in time but Sydney was already there so didn't need to know where she was.  Debateable point if Cash hadn't yelled out and she hadn't turned she wouldn't have been shot in the front but she could have been shot in the back, he already had her nicely lined up. How did he know where she was, was he allowed to watch TV while on remand? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pembie said:

I didn’t know about Holly I thought last big thing to happen with her was jumping queue for the queen 

Kylie brought a song out about chillies lol

Re: Holly, it's all been in press this week about what the guy had planned...chilling.