2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

I don’t know if Tane chasing after the shooter was really needed I know it would be at close range but Tane could have got shot while laying unconscious on the beach Maybe he should have I think it should have been a different character instead of Stevie or ended up dying at the end Cash should have saved her and she should have left to go do her next movie 

Alfs comment about king of England made me laugh I think he’s probably busy watching the Euros or Wimbledon or meeting new Prime Minister to be watching Stevies movie 

Depending on how famous Stevie was the press should be swarming around the place

Remi your brave going to see Stevie after she died I haven’t done that with people I don’t think I could cope or have nightmares 

So now the shooter just like Felcitys rapist is going to act silly and get themselves caught when you don’t really have too

Hows it going end well if he shoots Cash at close range in his living room come on now just do a runner that’s point of a sniper you can escape while attacking from long range these silly soap villains 

Edited by pembie
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Don't bear thinking about it, does it?

He really does have some serious hang-ups which go way back.  Fans do have fixations on their idols, always have, but it can be so more invasive now.  It can a be a fine line from what is fanship to obsession. 

• Like 1

CaptainHulk & H&Alover, so true on all counts! It is really scary sometimes.

Medea, I thought that too.

The way they ran the whole shooting thing was really eerie but excellently done (strangely, I thought of the anniversary of the 7/7 attacks in London, that was yesterday and when Flick and Eden were on the phone trying to check on their loved ones, it's one of the scariest feelings I think), the fear behind it as well; I think the chap bleating was Stevie's phantom co-star, did love Alf putting him in his place, I'd have done the same.

Loved the Tane scenes, Ethan able to use his skills for the stunt flip there. I can understand Bree's kind of fears in a way because people can lash out in highly emotive moments and Remi may well have 'blamed' her but, as a doctor, it's not a guarantee you can make to save someone's life. Cash's scene at the end I thought was actually quite sad and did give a jolt, yes he's trained to deal with things like that but he is only human and I don't think there could ever be enough training to stop you feeling at least something about it.

At least in real life the forces of law and order managed to stop the plot against Holly Willoughby.In Home and Away world, they're so criminally incompetent that they don't lift a finger to protect Stevie, and even when Cash hands them the stalker on a plate, they let him out so he can kill her.Again, I'm left wondering why the show felt this was needed.At least when we had Vita Nova pop up for an unnecessary encore last year it ended with all the good guys fully recovered and them shut down for good.This is the worst case of a satisfying ending being replaced with a rather tasteless one since Robbo caught his family's killer only for his minions to kill Robbo, Mason, Lance and however many others.Did they write themselves into a corner by committing to having Stevie filming in the Bay for three months and decide the only solution was to kill her? Why couldn't she have just gone off to live her life happily after the stalker was caught? There are times when this show seems overly fond of putting young women through hell and then killing them.

And the guy doesn't even do us all a favour and polish off Tane, who decides that instead of doing something useful like reporting the sighting to the police, he's going to behave like a macho idiot and go chasing after the shooter on his own and get whacked on the head (so nothing vital), leading to Felicity and Cash putting themselves in danger to help him. That said, I suppose I need to reflect on what would have happened if Felicity actually had stayed in the house with Wickham having made it his next port of call: Would she have been safely locked inside ready to call the police when she saw him, or would she have ended up as a hostage or worse? (As ever, people locking doors in Summer Bay is a sign things are serious!)

Bree was daft to make that promise.You could tell from the look on Levi's face that he knew it too.

• Like 1

Thinking about it Tane was all set up to get killed off Committing a crime that comes with jail time So realistically he couldn’t escape it 

Looking at the old photo of his family could have been a final goodbye Plus his solo martial arts scene on the beach and signing gym over to Felcity 

It just feels like there wasn’t much point killing Stevie and her stalker shame he was a total loon Killers are often logical people who wouldn’t have gotten themselves caught easily I guess Rose does need help though she’s not very good or maybe that was the company Cash was working for letting him know at last moment Oh well I have enjoyed Cash’s bodyguard story a naff ending but quite good idea for him after leaving the police 

Bree stick with Nelson you could bag yourself a movie role so don’t geoto close to Remi They seemed to have a natural ending to their relationship I thought just before Stevie died I thought 

Did Sidney Wickham  know where Cash  lived or was it just the first door he found unlocked?  Flick had locked herself in but then when she heard  Tane saying he'd seen someone she dashed out leaving the door open.  Lots of soap people and in other dramas go against  orders, Remi and Eden going off to see Stevie, Flick deciding to find Tane.  Wickham did have that gun in it's bag and that is what he hit Tane with, though to me it looked very wide swing.  Tane wouldn't be on his radar to get revenge on.  He was on a mission to kill Stevie and the guy who caught him. 

Tane wasn't doing martial arts, it was a Maori ceremony.  

It will need investigating why he was let go just before  his trial, he was  a dangerous stalker so why?   It was well done and Alf went into full protection mode once he realised what had happened, got everyone in the Surf Club. 

I guess Justin, Leah and John had done their three days which is why we did didn't see them.

Alf was just making a point about the King of England to shut that twat up.  It was brilliant the way he stood between him and Nelson to calm  them down, that's the Alf we know.👍  I'd have punched his lights out. It could have been anywhere they filmed Wickham would have tracked them down so him blaming Nelson and by extension Stevie was so inane.  As already mentioned Wickham was supposed to be in custody.   

The press will be there once the cops let them get anywhere close though the cops might not be able stop the press using choppers or drones.   Cash is going to blame himself but again he shouldn't.  It was his first job as  a security guard and and although he and Stevie clashed at times he did get to like her and she him.  He did the right thing not moving her, though it didn't make a difference in the end, the paramedics would have known the right way to move her.  

That was a mistake on Bree's part promising Remi she'd save Stevie, what she should have said  was "I promise to do my best".   Levi did mention that but it was Remi she was talking to and she knew he really liked  Stevie.   Does make her words to Stevie about her not hurting Remi more poignant.  None of us know now if Remi and Stevie could have made a go of it, their separate careers may have separated them in due course.  Say what we like about Levi's private life but he is a good surgeon, he jumped right in there  to help Bree  and he was gentle in the way he said she should stop and that she'd done all she could, injuries were just too extensive.  

That was sad Remi saying a farewell to Stevie, he couldn't even touch her but it was something he felt he had to do. 

Well, we all know that Cash beats up on himself over anything going wrong in his work.  He wasn't to blame as he wasn't told early enough that the guy had been let go; that's on his boss.  But he's still going to think it was all his fault regardless.  

A mistrial because of some social media tweet.  🤪 

3 hours ago, Medea Fleecestealer said:

Well, we all know that Cash beats up on himself over anything going wrong in his work.  He wasn't to blame as he wasn't told early enough that the guy had been let go; that's on his boss.  But he's still going to think it was all his fault regardless.  

A mistrial because of some social media tweet.  🤪 

It's soapland. In Corrie, They paroled Tracy Barlow/McDonald/whatever she calls herself  all because the Crime Scene Examiner cocked up, after all.