2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

WOW, faint,😵 shock, horror Eden was looking for jobs!😲 I can see why she wouldn't want to work at Salt, as seen Mac can pop in at any time, but this time it was to avoid talking to Levi.   What about the Diner they seem suddenly very busy due to Theo.   Eden did get the wrong idea of why Flick and Mac were hugging. I don't know if hate it the right word for the way Flick feels about  Mac and her relationship with Levi, just Mac not mentioning it at work. and him hanging around. Still when he does start work at ND's, he won't be. Mac could relate to how Bronte must be feeling, although we know she's lying, she could have died.   At least Mac did bite the bullet and spoke to him about it, he ought to reassure her he isn't going to cheat. I may be giving him a lot of leeway but perhaps that is just the way he is.  Bronte has done well so far, Irene donating $1000, Harper $50, Leah - $500, think I've got them right, Salt - $2000.  May seem very trivial but I do like Mac's clothes. 

From what we saw of the trailer, Bronte's stepping up the pressure - blaming the benzine for making her worse - she was in the Diner when she first pitched up but only briefly and didn't eat or drink anything.  It also seems Dana's spidey🕷️ senses are twitching. 

12 hours ago, pembie said:

Brontes plan couldn’t have gone any better she’s robbing from the the whole town I don’t know it seems very much like she’s faking cancer but she’s not actually said what it is 

Was that it with Malis brother seems abit pointless 

But Bronte has, several times, it's a form of autoimmune disease.    I think what Iluka has done is coming out this week. 

8 hours ago, H&Alover said:

WOW, faint,😵 shock, horror Eden was looking for jobs!😲 I can see why she wouldn't want to work at Salt, as seen Mac can pop in at any time, but this time it was to avoid talking to Levi.   What about the Diner they seem suddenly very busy due to Theo.   Eden did get the wrong idea of why Flick and Mac were hugging. I don't know if hate it the right word for the way Flick feels about  Mac and her relationship with Levi, just Mac not mentioning it at work. and him hanging around. Still when he does start work at ND's, he won't be. Mac could relate to how Bronte must be feeling, although we know she's lying, she could have died.   At least Mac did bite the bullet and spoke to him about it, he ought to reassure her he isn't going to cheat. I may be giving him a lot of leeway but perhaps that is just the way he is.  Bronte has done well so far, Irene donating $1000, Harper $50, Leah - $500, think I've got them right, Salt - $2000.  May seem very trivial but I do like Mac's clothes. 

From what we saw of the trailer, Bronte's stepping up the pressure - blaming the benzine for making her worse - she was in the Diner when she first pitched up but only briefly and didn't eat or drink anything.  It also seems Dana's spidey🕷️ senses are twitching. 

But Bronte has, several times, it's a form of autoimmune disease.    I think what Iluka has done is coming out this week. 

Am in the UK but home and away has been so good am catching up to the Australian episodes it's that good lol

41 minutes ago, stevester55 said:

Am in the UK but home and away has been so good am catching up to the Australian episodes it's that good lol

You really think it’s been that good? Fair enough 

That was a very dumb move by Brontë to say she was affected by the benzine at the diner especially when Irene stayed in a hotel to stop her getting affected Now she’s got quite a few people suspicious very dumb It was going so well 

Felcity and Eden you are very loud 

Not only has Bronte not really thought this through, neither has Irene.Bronte seemed to think she just needed to say "I've got benzine poisoning" (even though she only briefly popped into the Diner before it was closed) and she'd magically be handed $50,000 without anyone asking any questions.And Irene seems to be assuming the insurance company will just hand over the money without receiving any medical records.So it seems Dana had met Bronte, just not very much? I guess she must have popped home between shifts.

Kirby's attempt to get her housemates to act like grown-ups didn't go very far, since Eden's mentality is still in the playground.I'm not happy with the way Cash kept having a go at Felicity even though Eden's the problem.What exactly has Felicity done wrong, not torn strips off Mackenzie every time she's seen her?

It was really jarring to see John & Roo use the wrong front door of The Beach House (or even the front door at all), it made sense camera wise and makes sense given there’s no furniture in the way of that one, it’s just rarely been used.

Edited by c120701

Oh rewind a bit - Eden & Kirby walked out of Lyrik's house the other day and just left the front door wide open!!  I know folk tend not to lock their doors but not even shutting it.🙄

I thought it was Dana and Bronte's first meeting, hence the third degree from Dana.🤔  Then finding out Xander is her boyfriend.😁  People on another site  do not like her at all but you had to give Dana full marks for picking up on Bronte's tales of her illness. She gets very evasive when asked questions then says she needs to have a lie down.   She must have been pretty horrified to bump into Bree and got asked more questions this time from an actual doctor, so had to go home as she was feeling faint.   May be wrong could Bronte homing in on Irene be personal or was she just a random victim? 

Money not exactly pouring in but then as cold this may  sound they don't know Bronte like they do Mac.   

When did Bronte get this blood test she's been tested benzine positive for done?   Have we missed a hospital appointment?    More wriggling from her when Bree asked about it.   

That random guy testing positive for it yes OK if he ate/drank in the Diner and is now suing it would be his right as he likely would have been tested for it at the hospital. Btw Leah seems to have vanished again, she is co-owner so not down to Irene alone. 

That was an interesting conversation Bronte had with this mysterious someone she's working with. 

To be fair to Bronte and we may not be saying that very often but it was Irene's suggestion Bronte sue her - or rather the Diner.  But she wasn't there when it occurred neither was Leah.  Irene isn't thinking it through and Bronte won't be up for having to have blood tests etc. 

Poor Remi and Cash coming back from not an exactly happy event and walking into third world three.    All because Flick hugged Mac and Eden got the wrong idea. Flick is in the middle, OK she has known Eden for ages, but Mac is also a friend even if she doesn't agree with her ethics but many people must have been there. Cash is also in between a rock and  a hard place, girlfriend and sister.  Then Kirby broaching the subject of Remi and Eden get  a job - how very dare she!  Funny how the rent has been mentioned, are the utilities included in it?  What about food, other goods who's been paying for those? What was wrong with this bar Kirby suggested, it's not in the bay so Eden wouldn't  be bumping into Mac or Levi.  

I find it funny Remi struggling at the gym with Theo last week, because looking at his physique, the actor obviously works out.

I agree that having Felicity concerned about Mackenzie and Levi didn't ring true but boy did I love how the fact Mackenzie and Felicity are now getting on is winding Eden up to the point where she immaturely decided to terminate her friendship with her supposed best mate.  This isn't even about Felicity or Mackenzie or Levi or even Imogen.  This is purely about the fact Eden hasn't gotten over her father cheating on her mum and she feels all alone.  I do think she and Felicity will be OK though.  Felicity cut her off when Eden first slept with Cash and forgave her.  So I'm sure Eden will do the same, once she's grown up.

I am finding the storyline with Bronte slightly amusing.  It's interesting see her trying to lie her way out of trouble every time she's backed into a corner when someone asks her a question she wasn't expecting.  I know Dana's right about her but the point I keep making about the lack of sympathy I feel is a valid one.  Just looking at her interactions with Bronte she didn't seem compassionate at all when she was getting to know her.  It was very much like an inquisition.  Even Harper was sympathetic when she interacted with Bronte initially.

Have to be honest and say I wouldn't want to eat at the Diner after that incident even if everything was confirmed as being OK but Bronte saying she got poisoned as well.  Wow.  Would Irene really not question anything Bronte has done so far?

It feels like we were definitely in the middle of the old soap trope of everyone believing the guest character they've just met over one of their friends and neighbours.To be fair, they've only known Dana for a year if that, so it's not quite the same as if, say, Roo was making valid points and being ignored.Irene's in full-on saviour complex mode and there's often no talking to her when she's like that.(From what we've heard of their first meeting, I imagine Bronte sat crying in the hospital and waited for someone to approach her and ask what's wrong.) John, somewhat frustratingly, seems to have used his knowledge of Dana's past to explain away her concerns, although he does at least not seem entirely convinced.Bree, despite having seen how evasive Bronte can be, is obviously too annoyed about not being able to get into Remi's pants to pay much attention to Dana's evidence: As a wise man once said, you can cut your throat on Occam's Razor.Xander was probably the most frustrating: You'd expect him to at least give Dana a fair hearing, but instead he seems firmly Team Bronte just because he felt sorry for her.I wonder if Harper, the only person that's known Dana a long time, will do the same: She does basically see Dana as her idiot kid sister.I guess you have to give Bronte credit for refusing to drop the act with Dana.She was obviously angling for that lawsuit, suddenly announcing she was poisoned too after hearing about the other guy suing the Diner.Irene does seem to have forgotten about Leah with her dogmatic "My money, my business" pronouncement.

I guess they explained a bit better what Felicity was meant to have done wrong, she made up with Mackenzie a while back and didn't tell Eden. I'm not really sure that tracks though: Eden was aware they'd called a truce so I'm not sure what she thought the state of play was. I am glad they made up but it still feels like Felicity got far too much of the blame for something was mainly Eden's problem.At least Cash challenged her worldview a bit.

Nice to get a reference to Ryder, and it makes sense that he'd choose Roo when invited to bring a guest! Also nice to get a reference to Roo's fostering plans, although sounds like we shouldn't expect anything to come of them any time soon...

Edited by Red Ranger 1

Double ep catch up.

The pot/kettle line with Eden and Felicity, bang on; Flick, you seriously do not get to judge the amount of hell you put people through. I do get why Eden wouldn't work at Salt, she'd happily happily avoid Mac in a work situation but Mac wouldn't let it go I think as she has her head so far up Levi's rear. "Oh Eden you've got to forgive Wittle Levi, he's so upset, we've only been in bed 23 hours straight today!'

I loved the scene with John giving Dana flowers! She overplayed her hand with Bronte though, needs more evidence first, you have to think the way they do. I loathe Xander and the best of times but his patronising attitude with Dana got right on my nerves.

• Haha 1