2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

I was so waiting for Harper's grovelling and begging for forgiveness from Dana.  The only one who apologised was Irene.   I think  it was even Tane that mentioned her. Mayhap we'll see them together next week. Maybe a forlorn hope but I hope we see Bronte - if that is her real name -  go to trial or hear about it. It'll be satisfying to see/hear how long she gets.  Also if other victims of hers will be brave enough to admit they were conned. 

But Harper isn't 'hanging off Tane'🙄 she is doing her job as SW and going through the applicants for his course/programme.  Mostly minor offences from what we heard, they did apply to join so  it wasn't an 'it's this or prison' choice  and the usual suspects turned up.    The middling ones who could go either way, the inevitable lippy 'bad un' and  the maybe deceiving quite one.  Bruises do take a while to come out.

We didn't see Remi and Bree hiding on the stairs before so had overheard Kirby and Theo talking about their plan which is why R&B walked down pretending to be having an argument.   That was very clever of them the next day,  Remi sulking, Kirby unable to get hold of Bree, really making them suffer.  I may be one of the few but I want them back together.  One thing though Kirby was rather slow not noticing Bree was buttoning up her dress and tying her belt when Theo and her caught Remi and Bree talking after their 'morning delight'. 😳😉

I have to say at least TPTB are making Levi's recovery realistic by having it gone on as long as they have like they did with Remi's. Normally someone  is stabbed, shot they are  up and about the next week, rather like Justin's amazing recovery.   We haven't seen him, Levi, topless yet so won't know if he has a scar or not.   Levi did find out Eden was working at Salt so he won't be able to just drop in. Mac fretting she's chased her housemates away with her behaviour.   

I'm guessing Dean's call is a follow up to Mali's SOS and wants to check if everything has been sorted.  Will we actually see him? 

First time I've seen the Mangrove River population sign lol.

Surprised it's still so high with everyone defecting to the Bay and the Creek 😁

John: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter..

Alf: Should be the same for our  Flamin' town!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

First time I've seen the Mangrove River population sign lol.

There was actually a nice bit of continuity there - it was Dean who added the "-2" graffiti in 2018

(just ignore the change in filming location and slightly different sign)

Home-and-Away-8300-Cash-drives-to-Mangro

Home-and-Away-6988-Dean-graffitis-the-Ma

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was going to say that I wondered if that was the same sign Dean and Colby graffitied on their way out of Mangrove River! I guess it's a sign of how dilapidated the town is that no-one's fixed it by now... (Mind you, if I'm remembering right, Colby changed it to -3, so I guess at least they cleaned that bit off!)

Alf's episode count this week:Four.

I know Perri was the only one to come back, but I hope Tane is going to give his other proteges another chance (especially the one that didn't do anything!) and not just focus on the one that's easy. Looks like we're not going to get a guest appearance from Dean after all then, as it turns out Mackenzie has kept an awful lot from him. Spectacularly awkward for Levi to be stuck in that house without Mackenzie, with her friends that don't really like him!

I think most people seemed to work it out from the fact Dean had him on speed dial, but Rory asking Mali for a "Blood and Sand" board like his tattoo was the first real confirmation that he's a River Boy.What is interesting is that, probably for the first time since 2011, these River Boys seem to be genuinely villainous rather than the Boy Scouts-cum-vigilantes that Dean, and to a certain extent Heath, used to insist they were.That said, Rory also seems genuinely affectionate towards Felicity, so maybe he's not all bad.Anyway, looks like his and Cash's lines of work are going to dovetail beautifully...

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

(Mind you, if I'm remembering right, Colby changed it to -3, so I guess at least they cleaned that bit off!)

Yeah Dean actually added that bit to the left hand side, but it's since been covered over with the little face.

Fun fact, I drove down that exact road Cash went down only a few weeks after they'd filmed there, though didn't realise its significance at the time as it's not in an area they film in very often. 😄

• Like 1

Palmer did proclaim the town a dump earlier this week.

4 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I was going to say that I wondered if that was the same sign Dean and Colby graffitied on their way out of Mangrove River! I guess it's a sign of how dilapidated the town is that no-one's fixed it by now... (Mind you, if I'm remembering right, Colby changed it to -3, so I guess at least they cleaned that bit off!)

I know Perri was the only one to come back, but I hope Tane is going to give his other proteges another chance (especially the one that didn't do anything!) and not just focus on the one that's easy. Looks like we're not going to get a guest appearance from Dean after all then, as it turns out Mackenzie has kept an awful lot from him. Spectacularly awkward for Levi to be stuck in that house without Mackenzie, with her friends that don't really like him!

I think most people seemed to work it out from the fact Dean had him on speed dial, but Rory asking Mali for a "Blood and Sand" board like his tattoo was the first real confirmation that he's a River Boy.What is interesting is that, probably for the first time since 2011, these River Boys seem to be genuinely villainous rather than the Boy Scouts-cum-vigilantes that Dean, and to a certain extent Heath, used to insist they were.That said, Rory also seems genuinely affectionate towards Felicity, so maybe he's not all bad.Anyway, looks like his and Cash's lines of work are going to dovetail beautifully...

Ahead of Orpin's casting that was the character outline..

11 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Ahead of Orpin's casting that was the character outline..

Yes, well, things can change from character outlines, and most people are still just going to watch the show rather than reading all the supplementary material.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Uh, no.  We knew that from the episode where Mali had his punch up with the Allens.  https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2024/08/02/home-and-away-spoilers-two-new-characters-arrive-in-mali-storyline/

7 hours ago, Medea Fleecestealer said:

Uh, no.  We knew that from the episode where Mali had his punch up with the Allens.  https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2024/08/02/home-and-away-spoilers-two-new-characters-arrive-in-mali-storyline/

Uh, no. Just because the article calls them River Boys doesn't mean the episode did.

• Like 1

That sign did make me smile.  I'm taking it they don't include anyone who has died there otherwise it'd likely be a lot lower. We did, very briefly, see MR back in Brax's day when he visited his mum.  I think it was when he was trying to sort out who Kyle was.🤔

It actually hasn't been confirmed out loud that Rory and Dingo are RB's.  Only we know because of Mali's connection to Dean who had/has his own connection to  them.  Definite confirmation with what Rory wants  on his board.  That will be a real shocker for John, Alf and co who knew not just the original RB's but Dean's lot.  Shame we won't be seeing Dean - I can't believe Mac hadn't told him about her heart attack and ops.  She does owe it to him to tell him about Levi face to face.   It will make it  a tad awkward with Tane and Mali not being Levi's closet buddies.  I thought there had been a thawing between Mali and Levi? Has time leapt forward a bit as it seemed only the other day Mali  had gone off  home for 'a while'. 

It is very teasing of TPTB that despite Cash's new job keep being mentioned no-one has actually said what it is.  Seems both Cash & Rory are going to be in for a shock. Knowing Cash as we do he'll definitely be warning Rory off Flick and vice versa.  I did notice when Flick was explaining to Rory about why she and Cash were so close and she asked about his family - he just casually said he had 'brothers'.😉

Brax and Heath RB's weren't total innocents, they did grow that marijuana and sell it.   Attacked Angelo when he followed them, used their muscle when it was needed.   I do remember Leah got the hots for Brax when he took VJ under his wing. 

Say what you like about Eden she is loyal to Cash and is ready to support him in his new venture, though just being a cop can be dangerous as we've seen, but being a cop in MR will double, triple that risk so it will be worrying for her as it will be for Felicity.  

I do hope we see more of the guys on the programme, be  a bit flat otherwise.  Where has it been said Perri is the 'easy' one? 

Edited by H&Alover