2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

19 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I just meant that he was the one that came to Tane, rather than Tane having to make the effort to get the others involved again.

That could be very misleading, didn't Perri say he  got off the bus and came back to see him?

Harper has it bad for Tane but not as bad as Bree has it for Remi.

Have to say I'm glad Mackenzie's going away so we don't have to see Dean.  Conversely, whilst I don't mind having the odd criminal, I'm really not happy there's going to be another storyline revolving around the River Boys.

33 minutes ago, Slade said:

Harper has it bad for Tane but not as bad as Bree has it for Remi.

Have to say I'm glad Mackenzie's going away so we don't have to see Dean.  Conversely, whilst I don't mind having the odd criminal, I'm really not happy there's going to be another storyline revolving around the River Boys.

You had me at "Mackenzie's going away".😁

On 25/08/2024 at 13:39, H&Alover said:

Shame we won't be seeing Dean - I can't believe Mac hadn't told him about her heart attack and ops.

Yes and clearly neither he or Ziggy follow Salt’s socials to see the fundraiser.

• Like 1

I was talking about the bad old days of Brax and Heath running a drug operation, putting Angelo in hospital and having Liam beaten up when I said the River Boys haven't been portrayed as this villainous since 2011. Their antics here, vandalising Cash's car, are on a par with what they've been up to since then, although if Cash is right and they are involved in the murder of a police officer, that's something that even Brax would have thought twice about. (Even Colby only murdered a murderer.) Rory did at least get the smile wiped off his face momentarily when he discovered just who "the new cop" was, but he quickly seems to have turned it to his advantage.

Okay, fair play to her, we did see Harper apologise to Dana.Dana is indeed being extremely selective in immediately forgiving Irene, Harper and everyone else who pooh-poohed her but leaving Xander out in the cold.I wondered if it was because he was the nastiest to her (ignoring the fact he was the one that did the most to make up for it), but it seems it's mostly down to her seeing him as another boyfriend who's let her down and "betrayed" her. It could be argued she could have expected loyalty and respect from Harper at least as much as him, but I guess Harper has years of history of being there for her when she needed her, and Xander doesn't have that.

I think people are pushing it a bit saying it's down to Irene that people are going to get their money back: If she hadn't had people around her to see what she couldn't, Bronte would have run off with hers and everyone else's cash. It's down to Dana, Bree, Xander, John and to a certain extent Rose, not Irene. I scratched my head a bit at Rose saying the other victims didn't know they'd been conned and thought Bronte was in Canada getting treatment and then that Bronte had sent them letters saying she was getting better: Did they not notice the letters weren't from Canada? I didn't even think about the fact they've been going around telling their customers they're raising money for charity when it turns out to have been a con. Maybe Felicity and Mackenzie could donate the returned money to a genuinely worthwhile cause?

• Like 1

I’m not as interested in the Rory and the River boy stuff as I thought I was going to be been there done that it feels like At least Cash seems smarter than Charlie was though But I guess that’s because he’s not the one wanting to date the lead River boy this time around Have we seen the female detective before I seem to remember her I don’t remember the River boys doing flat out murder before so I don’t think Rory killed that cop 

Im kind of bored of Dana fighting with Xander now too but I guess that’s to make Irene feel guilty 

In case it gets lost in my ramble - re Bronte sending letters from Canada, it can be done. If she knows someone there she can send letters to them in an envelope with another one inside addressed to her victims in Aus, this person them sends 'her' letter off - easy peasy.  They may or may not be innocent of why she was asking them to do that.   In effect she is/was  still 'coning' them making them feel so good about themselves that they helped her. 

Anyways good to get an update re Bronte -  Irene wasn't the old fool, idiot some people on here think she was.  Two other people plus the people that they may have involved had been conned by Bronte  and one or either of them still were - see above.  I'm guessing those folks won't be getting their money back as she's spent it.   I don't remember Xander having a hand in getting their money back, he believed Bronte.  It was mainly down to Dana's stubbornness, Bree tipping the cops off about Bronte's lies, Rose making the arrest, and got the legal wheels turning, stopping any movements in Bronte's account - not sure how it works in Aus.  Irene is really blaming herself for falling for it, but as Rose, Harper, Leah have said Bronte was well practised at it.  Mac and Flick aren't hard nosed business women, but no push overs and they fell for Bronte's "I'm dying' line. I'm supposing they will get their donations back?   It's the emotional cost that will take longer to get over.  I'm surmising as Rose has all this info Bronte has  confessed? It wasn't a charity it was a GoFundMe page, but like I said before I hope they donate any monies not re-claimed to a registered  charity specifically one who do help people with autoimmune disease. 

Dana had a real meltdown, but still disappointed Harper didn't get it with both barrels for not believing her, she saving that for Xander.  Dana I still think saw Irene as a victim  of her own goodness so that is why she was so willing to forgive her.  I know it could seem to some she's taking it too far and Harper pulled her up on it, calling it  a pity party.    But my flabber was gasted when he texted to say she owes him an explanation. 

I know I shouldn't but I did  😀when Rory saw Cash at Mango River cop shop, the way his smirk slid off his face was priceless. Cash was natch just as shocked.  Dingo hadn't seen Cash before so had no clue who he was or that he had a connection to Cash.  He had flirted with Flick though. We haven't met the rest of the RB's but Devlin did say Rory is the leader so what he says go.   Dingo was lippy.

Seeing how big the cop shop was there aren't that many staff, having your place of work firebombed  is hardly encouraging.  We have seen Constable Devlin before I think it was her that was called into help at Yabbie Creek?   Was it to help with the bikers? Cash then had to break some bad news to Flick, at least he hasn't told her not stop seeing Rory but asked her. Then Rory confirmed the news, it now leaves the decision up to her.  Why were they or TPTB being so coy about not calling them RB's?  Maybe they have devolved somewhat since Dean's days. 

4 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I don't remember Xander having a hand in getting their money back, he believed Bronte.

At first certainly but he was the one most suspicious about Dana's disappearance (Irene just believed everything Bronte said, while Harper pretty much shrugged her shoulders and disappeared for a week), which was really what set the ball rolling for Bree admitting what she'd found, Rose being presented with evidence, and Xander and John following Bronte to the silo, leading to her arrest. That's a pretty big hand, I'd say!

I sympathise with Dana but I do feel sorry for Xander being the one singled out to get the blame for not supporting her, which isn't really fair. At least Dana spoke to him eventually but she didn't really give him that much reason to feel optimistic! Hell turns out to be well-meaning friends with Leah pressuring Irene into giving up the wrong thing that's distracting her, and their rather empty platitudes not doing anything to stop her feeling like an idiot. I grimaced a bit at them going down the drinking route with Irene again (because those storylines are never particularly good) but at least she called the helpline.

It's really hard to know what to make of Rory. He's told Dingo he's using Felicity to get information, but he was interested in her before he found out she was a police officer's sister. It doesn't help that his rose-tinted view of the River Boys is exactly the sort of thing Dean used to spout, and we were apparently meant to see him as a suitable boyfriend for Ziggy. Or that Eden comes across as a bit of a hypocrite when she says she was working on different facts when she pushed Felicity into seeing Rory, those facts basically amounting to "He's good looking and has a pulse so you should go for it." On the other hand, Joanna Devlin seems to be painting a far from rosy picture of him.