2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

I  don't see Bree thinking dating Remi as lowering herself, if anything it's the other way round, she's not come from a rich family unlike Remi's.  I'm not sure why she wanted it still be a secret  so I hope she tells him why.  I can get her though she didn't want people saying "Are you sure"?  They have been on and off a couple of times and she could be thinking that 'they' will be waiting for the next break up.  Just need a little tiff for them around them to 🙄 and say "there we told you." 

No you didn't mishear Theo - he did say he was going to give Justin a hand at the garage. It could have been phrased better. 

Theo saying to John about keeping secrets hit a few nerves - John with his secret about Irene and Harper with her secret about the baby.  Leah being all Roo again, getting all twitchy about Irene not turning up for work and not being able to get hold of her.  John coming in just at the  right time and first saying she wasn't too well as she didn't have  a good nights sleep  after reading the article then going for some retail therapy - best he could think of on the spot.  Even if Leah had rung, Irene probably wouldn't have answered.  Harper innocently letting slip John ha slept at Irene's the night before got Leah and Maz's interest.  Marilyn would know if John is being cagey, as she said she had been married to him.  Do we believe Irene actually went to her AA meeting? John was talking to Irene, well supposedly he was, so I guess that is why Leah snatched his phone.  Bloody cheek, could you imagine her reaction if someone had done that to her!

Harper is only a couple of months pregnant and fit and healthy so why shouldn't she be going for training sessions, she knows her own body  and what it can take.    If she decides not to tell Tane just yet she can slow down and give him a valid enough reason why.  Anyways she has been trying, twice, to  advise him about Perri,   If Tane is serious about getting Perri back into school he does definitely need to  talk to  Perri how he would feel about it. Perri is 17 so not a young child who has to go to school.  For all we know, though, he may have had trouble at school, we don't know what his learning abilities are do we? Harper did try, again to tell Tane about her/their news but could see how tied he was with helping Perri which would throw him off track completely. 

OK Tane may have jumped the gun about Poppy and her mum, but as said beforehand Perri is a teenager and it's been seen what his dad does to him, abuse, physical and maybe mental which may have been going on for years.  Tane's family life may have been slightly dysfunctional but it was mostly caring. 

Tane  did get side-tracked somewhat with Mali's locked bag puzzle, where would a RB get that type of bag?   Wouldn't  a bag like that normally be used to transport official documents or such?🤔  No secret Mali called in Rory and Dingo to help him with  the Allen problem so can't see why he couldn't tell Cash?   A case of neither of them being able to say anything without giving anything away.   I hope Mali gets it out the house as they don't need any more trouble there, as in a gang of RB's turning up looking for it.  Liam is  just getting over his injury and now there's Perri.   

Eden does come in for a lot of flack, but, and I've said this before, she stands by Cash, supports him even though it has to be worrying being a cops girlfriend and without wanting to know the details, let's him offload about it as much as he can.   

• Like 1

Leah didn't snatch John's phone from him, she asked for it and he made an excuse to end the call.

So after a few fairly half-hearted attempts, Harper seems to have decided to give up on telling Tane about her pregnancy and make the decision herself.I'm slightly surprised: Given how she acts like a dog on heat around him (even Perri seemed to pick up on it), I'd have thought she'd jump at the chance to snare him. After all Tane's jumping the gun, it seems Perri isn't interested in school, which is a good job because there isn't a set anymore! Perri seems surprisingly cheery at all this. To be fair, Tane's been firm with him when he needs to but the hard parts of parenting may be to come.

Bree's excuse for not wanting anyone to know she was back with Remi was incredibly weak, and I'm glad Remi acknowledged that he was doing something he didn't like just to keep her happy, which is no basis for a relationship.It looks like they've sorted things out for now, see how it goes.Xander was being a bit overly literal. Dana could have phrased things better, but does it really matter how they got back together if they're happy?

Irene's argument wasn't entirely without merit: I'm reminded of 20-odd years ago when she tried to interfere with Flynn teaching Noah to control his drinking rather than give it up completely and was told to stay in her lane. So if she could do that, then fine, but she doesn't have a very good track record of being able to stop, so Leah's concern is understandable.(Marilyn seems determined to have as little of an opinion as possible again.)Irene being an alcoholic really does seem to be a secret except among those who've known her for decades: Was it Olivia who didn't have a clue last time round? Not sure why Harper and Dana haven't asked more questions about her not having alcohol in the house. Irene once said it was dangerous to hide it but apparently she's forgotten that lesson as she got older.

If perhaps it had been a more private place Harper may have told Tane, but then Alf and Dana walked up so another missed opportunity,  Dana, for once did keep her mouth shut once she'd clocked Harper hadn't broken the news.  As I've said before he's getting pretty caught up with Perri. 

Can Perri just do that, switch homes without letting the appropriate authorities know?   Wouldn't they want to check Tane's place of abode over first, I know Perri's 17 but he's still a minor.  Did he tell the truth about going  to see his dad or did he maybe sneak in and get the rest of his gear.  Wasn't just Harper's behaviour he picked up on it was Tane's towards Harper.  Perhaps he's not that far off.😉

Maybe Irene had other things on her mind not to wonder why Harper refused her drink,  I thought I recognised that as  a Buck's Fizz but apparently in Aus it's called a Mimosa. 

I think it depends on what type of alcoholic  you are Irene was pretty far down the path when we first knew her so isn't able to just have a couple of drinks - even one and stop.  I think Irene only mentions it if someone offers her an alcoholic drink which is when she tells them she is a recovering alcoholic.  I think Harper may have twigged, her being a SW and all, she must have come across  a few.  Why should she be ashamed of being a recovering alcoholic something to be proud of I would think, that you admitted you have this problem and are doing something about it.  It is a daily battle for life. 

Wasn't Theo's fault the news is out about Bree and Remi, it was Kirby blabbing it about.  Remi did like sneaking about at first  don't forget, but then went off the idea quicker than Bree did, maybe because it was mainly at his house they were sneaking about in.  She is more worried about what people think of them getting back together, folk were very 🤨 when they were first official, her being   a doctor and him a humble player in  a band. Well Marilyn now knows seeing as she saw them 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 on the bench.  Loved Theo's come back "I knew". 

Xander's planned dinner date for him and Dana did get hi-hacked by Bree who then inadvertently caused a knock on effect on his and Dana's relationship.  It made him doubt why Dana got back together with him.  She could have phrased it better, but he was maybe a touch sensitive about it,  she did get back with him as it made her realise what  she was missing, being with him. I'm glad she got him to say why he was off with her. 

As we saw in the trailer Mali opens the box -bag and finds out what is in it!

Was tricked thought that episode would be about The Mango boys I say that because they seem quite different to Braxs river boys to me

What happened Xander and Dana fell out Mac and Levi fell out without much point 

I did enjoy Irene shouting at Leah though as I say I don’t find her that bad lol

Oh Xander get over yourself you should be grateful Dana gave you a second chance in the first place, you two faced twit! 🙄

Sadly, Irene is doing the classic 'I'm in control' bit, unfortunately addiction by it's very nature the polar opposite; it is hard to always be the 'odd one out' if you like, whether it's addiction or allergy etc. and it can be wearing, even though it's the safest way. Sadly I think falling further is the only way here.

I did like Tane's smirk at Perri's evasive techniques, you just know Tane might've been a bit like that too as a youngster and older young person; I'm glad he kind of put Perri through his paces, trying to teach him both work ethic and also the how to's in the working world (often think they hould actually teach basic life/work skills in school, they don't seem to anymore) I think Perri was brave to admit his struggles, it's not easy to admit to those struggles sometimes and hopefully now he'll get the support he needs and give a chance to improve those skills, it opens the world up yet it's so simple.

• Sad 1

Credit to Tane for clocking that Perri has trouble reading and writing, it was admirably perceptive of him.I assume he was being polite when he said it was "clever" of Perri to get into trouble at school rather than admit he needed help.I guess that's a battle for another day.

Well, Dana basically said what I said to Xander: It might have been the accident that brought them back together but they're together now because they want to be. Sometimes we all need dumb luck!

The honeymoon period seems to be well and truly over between Mackenzie and Levi. It was a bit odd that we just jumped to her knowing Perri was staying there, as if something got cut.

I don't think Leah's handled things particularly well in being so confrontational with Irene. While Marilyn's policy of sitting back and seeing what happens might not work in the long run, it's pretty much all they've got for now: Apart from being a bit snappy (and you'd be hard-pressed to notice the different there), Irene isn't showing any obvious signs of problems.

On 11/09/2024 at 16:34, pembie said:

When Irene drinks it gives her a superpower she speaks her mind and realises what wallys live in the bay 

"Jeez, Darl. You don't half talk some piffle!"

"I've had about enough of your rot, girlie!"

"If ya had a flippin' brain, it'd be lonely!"

😁

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

"Jeez, Darl. You don't half talk some piffle!"

"I've had about enough of your rot, girlie!"

"If ya had a flippin' brain, it'd be lonely!"

😁

I’m quite enjoying it she’s only saying what I’m thinking 

They should get her to do special review shows for the episodes something like Remi and Bree prove once again that watching paint dry is interesting and Mali is acting useless again something like that 

Edited by pembie

2 hours ago, pembie said:

I’m quite enjoying it she’s only saying what I’m thinking 

They should get her to do special review shows for the episodes something like Remi and Bree prove once again that watching paint dry is interesting and Mali is acting useless again something like that 

I see it noe: The Roberts Review akin to Robinson's Round Up/Karl's Catch-Up/Terese's Takeover's/Harris' Rehash/Brennan's Best Bits on Neighbours (The cast stay in character on that)

• Like 1