2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

I will admit I don’t know anything about Tanes religion but I’m not sure about digging a huge hole to bury your food in to cook sounds that fun I’m guessing you wrap the food up otherwise it will taste of soil 

Makes Perris comment about having to cook on his birthday quite amusing when yes but also you have to dig up half the garden too Just phone for a pizza 

16 hours ago, c120701 said:

I’ll give this to Irene, she’s not a cheap alcoholic this time around, 13 year aged Whiskey.

Alf being around surprised me, I’d assumed he was out of town as I’m sure he’d have something to say about her relapse.

Incidentally, I googled Ellison Whiskry last night and came up with multiple matches plus "Ellison Whiskey Home and Away" popped up in the Google bar😁

• Haha 1

Good spot.  Justin was right when he said about John and others in their more discreet way trying to get Irene admitting she had  a problem, he didn't when he had his drug problem. It's got to be when they are ready.   It is a fine line when when a   friend is drinking/taking drugs do you intervene or just be there for them? Was he not there when Irene had her last fall off the wagon as Leah had to explain what it was like for those around her back then?  

OK Irene has struck John off  her Christmas card list as he's no longer her friend but natch he'll still be there for her at a distance.  Irene obviously though she was being clever not dumping the bottles in her closet recycling bin but of course John just happened to be passing by.  Don't they have bottle banks in the bay?

Harper told Dana last week she'd decided to have the baby which is where Xander got confused thinking it was Dana's.  She did dodge Irene's imploring of her to have a  drink very well I thought. 

Not just Tane not knowing about Perri's 18th but Harper and she is his SW who would have gone over his paperwork though of course she does have other things on her mind. 👶   She is still dodging telling him.  Of course him turning 18 does mean he is now an adult so how much control would Tane have over him?   Him producing his ID, if that what is was, did remind  me of Ryder when he ordered proper drinks at Salt. It wasn't just Alf who forgot back then, it was Roo and his mum.   

Now they are all falling over themselves to celebrate it which for Perri is going to be overwhelming going from nothing to having half the neighbourhood round.  I must admit he covered the fact he couldn't read Mac's words in her card very well  and gave the right response.  He did and does appreciate the gesture but as he said to Mac she, Tane and Levi are strangers.    A watch and it didn't look like   a cheap one would throw him. 

It is a tradition for Maori people to have a hangi, we've seen Tane, Ari and  Nik holding hangi's  before so where have you been?  I know Tane wants to introduce Perri to his roots but maybe OTT  right now, it is a big thing for them. but for  Perri too much.  I imagine it tastes very barbecueie. 

Might as well give these one last outing - for those that don't read spoiler articles or sneak into the spoiler/Aus Discussion sections (there must be at least one of you that doesn't 😄), here's a few behind-the-scenes pics from the past week's eps with a few titbits. All filmed on the same day (11th March).

The drone shot that opened Monday's episode and into the scene with Xander offering to make Dana lunch (the poser on the fence was out of shot):

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-Dana-Harp

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-Xander-Da

The director (in the cap) is Chris Martin-Jones, who's been directing on the show on/off since 1990, and was series producer on A Place to Call Home and for two series of Packed to the Rafters if anyone saw those.

Also from Monday, Flick heading into the alley where Rory told her that Dingo had been arrested:

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-Felicity-

Tuesday's episode where Xander finally realised it was Harper that's pregnant, not Dana:

And then onto Thursday's episode where John spoke to Mac and Levi before spotting Irene dumping her empties.

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-John-Shan

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-Levi-Mack

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-John-talk

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-John-take

Unfortunate that I snapped him with his eyes closed, but you may recognise the guy in the black shirt below as Seb Elmaloglou, who's worked behind-the-scenes in the art department for years having originally played Max Sutherland.

Had a brief chat with Shane following this scene who seemed genuinely pleased to finally put a face to the name. I complimented him on his masterfully acted bin-diving and he acknowledged it as a career highlight, before thanking us for the "great work on Back to the Bay" (his words not mine).

Lynne managed to shoot her little bit in only a few short mins so didn't get any pics of her, but then we bizarrely bumped into each other the very next day outside her local supermarket over 50kms away. 😆 I was in the area taking location pics and called in for some lunch whilst passing... wasn't purposely stalking her...

And a little exclusive for the UK thread which hasn't been published, here's Emily and Tristan having a little dance-off between takes...

tristan-emily01.jpg

tristan-emily02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Loved hearing the singing it did give an uplifting feeling (may have been just me needing a tonic after a bad day, I believe Tane's heart was in the right place but yes took it a little far; did feel so sorry for Perri both for having this heritage and feeling so isolated from it and missing his Mum, those kinds of days are the hardest without your loved ones.

So Dana is right about Tane, he actually is a God! Hehe, I think if my research is right, Tane's meaning is 'God of Thunder' in Maori.

1 hour ago, Foellfan said:

So Dana is right about Tane, he actually is a God! Hehe, I think if my research is right, Tane's meaning is 'God of Thunder' in Maori.

He will have to go to battle with Chris Hemsworth to see who is the true God of thunder

• Haha 2

On 20/09/2024 at 23:46, Dan F said:

Might as well give these one last outing - for those that don't read spoiler articles or sneak into the spoiler/Aus Discussion sections (there must be at least one of you that doesn't 😄), here's a few behind-the-scenes pics from the past week's eps with a few titbits. All filmed on the same day (11th March).

The drone shot that opened Monday's episode and into the scene with Xander offering to make Dana lunch (the poser on the fence was out of shot):

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-Dana-Harp

The director (in the cap) is Chris Martin-Jones, who's been directing on the show on/off since 1990, and was series producer on A Place to Call Home and for two series of Packed to the Rafters if anyone saw those.

Also from Monday, Flick heading into the alley where Rory told her that Dingo had been arrested:

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-Felicity-

Tuesday's episode where Xander finally realised it was Harper that's pregnant, not Dana:

And then onto Thursday's episode where John spoke to Mac and Levi before spotting Irene dumping her empties.

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-John-Shan

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-Levi-Mack

Home-and-Away-filming-March-24-John-talk

Unfortunate that I snapped him with his eyes closed, but you may recognise the guy in the black shirt below as Seb Elmaloglou, who's worked behind-the-scenes in the art department for years having originally played Max Sutherland.

Had a brief chat with Shane following this scene who seemed genuinely pleased to finally put a face to the name. I complimented him on his masterfully acted bin-diving and he acknowledged it as a career highlight, before thanking us for the "great work on Back to the Bay" (his words not mine).

Lynne managed to shoot her little bit in only a few short mins so didn't get any pics of her, but then we bizarrely bumped into each other the very next day outside her local supermarket over 50kms away. 😆 I was in the area taking location pics and called in for some lunch whilst passing... wasn't purposely stalking her...

And a little exclusive for the UK thread which hasn't been published, here's Emily and Tristan having a little dance-off between takes...

tristan-emily01.jpg

tristan-emily02.jpg

It is great to see the behind the scenes shots and to see the cast having a laugh between scenes.  

The singing was lovely but for Perri it must have made him feel even more out of it, knowing it's his culture but not really knowing anything about it and Tane though very well meaning giving him that amulet was maybe a tad OTT again.  I liked his chat with Mac as I felt he could talk to her better than he could to Tane. I did like Tane's explanation about the hangi  and what it meant to the Maori people.  As an afterthought did all the people Rani ask stay and eat the food or did they drift off, be a  terrible waste of food. 

Remi and Bree sneaked off to a hotel somewhere then so they could get away from the "it's good to see you back together" mob.  Of course the first people why bumped into were Theo and Kirby but they are friends so allowed to comment.   

Kirby did  put her foot in it with that remark about Flick and her mood seeing as she was loved up with Rory but she didn't know about him being arrested for murder did she.   Now, as Flick tends to do, has gone walkabout so of course Cash is worried about her and I love how Eden is there for him. 

I did 'say' to Bree there will something/someone else for the bay folk to talk about and lo and behold it looks like it will be Eden and Cash!  I'm thinking Remi wasn't hinting at anything when he said he knew Bree was the one. but it seems to have given Cash the idea of proposing to Eden.  I'm hoping this may have been in his thoughts before now and not a spur of the moment idea as know how Eden can be at times. She does love Cash but being married to him is a big step especially with her family history. 

• Like 1