2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

I’m bit fed up of the show so I wasn’t going to watch for abit but….

Well everyone was just acting too happy in that episode and when that happens in soapland that’s it somebody is doomed 

Since my mom I don’t really believe in God But the way the sunshine was cast across Tane and Felicity you could say that looked heavenly so that was cool

Alf's episode count last week:Two (and he was credited on Tuesday for no appearance).Alf's episode count this week:None! Okay, seriously, is he being kept locked in a cupboard at the surf club and only allowed out for an hour's walk a day?

Tane has good intentions but he's really pushing it too hard with Perri. Teaching someone about their culture when no-one's done it for them is laudable in theory, but he can't expect Perri to instantly feel the same about things he doesn't know about that Tane does.I'm not entirely convinced that going behind his back and telling Harper about his reading problems was a good idea, but Perri's agreed to be assessed so that's something.

Meanwhile, Harper has come up with yet another excuse not to tell Tane about the pregnancy.Or, indeed, anyone apart from Dana.At least she accepted Dana wasn't to blame for Xander finding out and it turns out Xander managed to cover well with Rose...except Rose now knows, which actually was Dana's fault!

That's it for Irene's latest alcohol relapse then. The last one was the year before Justin came to the Bay so no, he hasn't seen it before. Part of me's glad, because it felt like it was dragging with constant scenes of her friends trying to reason with her and getting lies and abuse in return. It's a shame that she didn't follow the usual model and give the insufferable Harper a slap before coming to her senses: Instead, all it took was a disapproving glare from Bree! It's an even bigger shame that, probably down to episode counts, important parts of the story have been glossed over: We see Harper and Dana starting to realise there's more going on with Irene than they knew (and I agree there's a similarity with Ailsa's history but as I said a while back, there shouldn't be: 20 or so years ago, it wasn't something Irene hid, because she knew the danger of treating it like something in the past rather than an ongoing battle), then they're not in the next episode and we never get a pay-off: Presumably at some point we'll get a throwaway line about how they know where Irene is and how they've been given the run of her house again, but that'll be too late. Oh well, despite her reverting to normal between episodes, I guess we should be glad Irene actually has to go to rehab rather than the usual "One AA meeting and I'm cured" resolution, and I did like her chat with John.

That was a spontaneous proposal from Cash and I'm not surprised that Eden looked rather caught in the headlights.I was disappointed to hear about Felicity locking herself away and refusing to talk to Cash, so I loved that she was immediately pleased about the proposal and even more about the engagement: That's what she and Cash are like, they argue and then they move on. She definitely seemed to be on Cloud 9 throughout the week, coming out with lines like "Happy things from now on"...so obviously it's being set up for yet another disaster to be dropped in on her with her latest medical emergency, because this show seems to love torturing Felicity, especially when she's at her happiest. Personally I blame Dana for spending the whole party death glaring her for daring to breathe the same air as Tane.

Oh, and we finally meet the mysterious third Fowler sibling! It feels a bit like the show doing its usual thing of introducing an unruly teen sibling, except we don't do high school students anymore, so she has to be college age instead. It's a shame Levi didn't make her walk to the beach.

In truth Abi does seem very random even more so when Eden didn’t invite her I thought she had but turns out she was surprised to see her as well Remi knows about her Cash does too so maybe Eden has mentioned her before or maybe she’s a ghost because she has mysteriously vanished with Levi wallet Which would be quite concerning me 

13 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Alf's episode count last week:Two (and he was credited on Wednesday for no appearance).Alf's episode count this week:None! Okay, seriously, is he being kept locked in a cupboard at the surf club and only allowed out for an hour's walk a day?

"When I find the Galah who locked me in here, They're gonna be in more flamin' strife than Flash Gordon!"

• Haha 1

On 27/09/2024 at 17:11, Dan F said:

No problem - and no, I live in the UK and was just on a 'working holiday' for a couple of weeks.

That was only the last few weeks of her break, the majority of it was spent touring with a theatre production (after a quick holiday to the UK/Ireland).

More behind-the-scenes pics below for the engagement party for those that are interested - no spoilers, but I've just put it in the tag so those that aren't bothered can scroll on past.

Hide contents

This took an entire day of shooting on Tuesday 19th March - there was talk that they may have to return the next day too but I had other plans (plus the weather was miserable so I doubt they did so).

I overheard the production designer mentioning that there was over $1000 of real food on the buffet table.

Home-and-Away-Filming-engagement-party.j

Home-and-Away-Filming-Remi-Bree-01.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Remi-Bree-02.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Remi-Bree-03.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Remi-Bree-04.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Mackenzie-Levi-02.

Home-and-Away-Filming-Mackenzie-Levi-01.

Home-and-Away-Filming-Remi-Bree-05.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Tane-Felicity-01.j

Home-and-Away-Filming-Theo-Kirby-01.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Theo-Kirby-02.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Xander-Dana-01.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Xander-Dana-03.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Xander-Dana-Eden-H

And a few candids of the actors as they went off for breaks. Emily Weir confirmed she was having a bit of a tough time of it being in that costume all day!

Those on the Home and Away Tour pretty much hit the jackpot when they turned up after lunch, from memory I think it was 13 cast members there in total, with several of them stopping for photos with the fans.

Home-and-Away-Filming-Emily-Weir-Hailey-

Home-and-Away-Filming-Luke-Van-Os-and-fa

Home-and-Away-Filming-Nicholas-Cartwrigh

Home-and-Away-Filming-Tristan-Gorey-and-

Home-and-Away-Filming-Jacqui.jpg

This was quite a significant day of shooting for Jacqui Purvis though I can't say why at the moment!

Various cast members were able to peel away after around 6pm, the shoot wrapping up fully around half an hour later.

Home-and-Away-Filming-Hailey-Pinto-01.jp

Home-and-Away-Filming-Hailey-Pinto-02.jp

Home-and-Away-Filming-Ally-Harris.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Luke-Van-Os.jpg

Home-and-Away-Filming-Jacqui-fan-Sakkara

And a couple of bonus pics from the 'Meet an Actor' tour that took place a couple of days earlier - we've been affiliated with our buddies at Celebtime (formerly Flamin' Galah) who provide the tours since they began over a decade ago, so Chris and I were invited to tag along on a couple of days.

Seven no longer produce any fancards for the cast, so these ones have to be specially printed by Celebtime for the customers.

Home-and-Away-Tour-Juliet-meet-and-greet

Great photos Dan.  

• Thanks 1