Characters front and centre

So no denying during periods of the show it really does feel like the *insert name here* show.

I missed most of their time but i know the Braxtons dominated for years. And the Sutherland's back in the day and from what I've read so did Sophie. 

Who are some other characters who took over the show and what's your thoughts on it?

I've only watched 1989-early 1990 and 1995 - early 2005, but I feel like H&A did a good job of balancing screentime with their characters during these years. No one teen seemed more prominent than their peers.

The Sutherlands do spring to mind though - I feel like other characters like Donald, Alf, Shauna, Hayley, Sally and a few others were sidelined to give them more sceeentime.

Having said that, I don't feel like one of the Sutherland girls was more prominent than the others. Danni early on, simply because she was older, but in the later years (2002ish onwards) the three girls were pretty equal.

From what I have heard, Rebekah Elmaloglou had a huge number of episodes without missing one, but I don't know how dominant she was in each episode. 

I also recall Jodi Gordon being on the front cover of every other TV Week at the time, so I suspect Martha may fit your description.

Colby/Dean/ Jasmine /Willow did I think during 2018-2020 but Dean become background character more once Colby and Willow left . 

It’s funny how out of  foursome Colby and Jasmine were most level headed ones and yet both left under cloud and Dean and Willow left with positive ending even though I wasn’t convinced Willow was completely forgiven for turning on Colby and that’s partly why I think Willow was keen to leave town once she  explained why she made sacrificed.  

Edited by j.laur5

Maybe because I find the show incredibly slow these days most characters bore me But Felcity and Tane both bore me beyond belief though 

Edited by pembie

1988-92 - Bobby / Frank

1990 - 92 - Sophie /Blake

1994 - 94 - Shane and Angel

1994 - 97 Selina

1997 - 2000 Nashes

2000-04 Sutherlands

2004-08 Sally

2008-11 -

2011 - 2015 Braxtons

2013 - 2016 - Maddy

2016 -2018 Morgans / Kat

2018 - 2021 - Ziggy

2021 - now - Felicity / Theo

• Dan F changed the title to Characters front and centre
8 hours ago, joany208121 said:

1988-92 - Bobby / Frank

1990 - 92 - Sophie /Blake

1994 - 94 - Shane and Angel

1994 - 97 Selina

1997 - 2000 Nashes

2000-04 Sutherlands

2004-08 Sally

2008-11 -

2011 - 2015 Braxtons

2013 - 2016 - Maddy

2016 -2018 Morgans / Kat

2018 - 2021 - Ziggy

2021 - now - Felicity / Theo

Martha and Jack perhaps?

1 hour ago, Irishbraxton said:

Although it would be nice to see one of them again I doubt we will though.

Even if the show was interested in the past, Kate Garven hasn't acted since and Tammin Sursok has moved on (she did do Neighbours though, so I guess never say never!). 

Shelley and Rhys' return would be too random, since they weren't that close to the three remaining characters from that era. Kirsty is most likely, since she had a relationship with Irene and her son Ollie would now be 18 (early 20s with inevitable SORAS). Maybe he'll be the next River Boy/Bad boy? :lol: