Lost UK thread

Guest Di

I think it's 2 episodes next Wednesday.. but rolled into one, if that makes sense? I think that's what the wee announcer guy said. So I think next week, it goes from 10-12. That could be totally wrong but I'm sure the guy said that.

Oh yeah, and it said in my tv mag that last night's episode was the third last. So, yeah, two next week. :D

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Thanks, candyfloss. Well, that's the price HMV are offering it at on their website so it might be a bit dearer just buying it from the store but I don't imagine that much. £54.99 seems a bit steep!

That's ok,the prices range around that price area.I think it depends what your buying,which is ood,but do your research before buying :)

I will, thanks.

I get paid tomorrow (woo!) and I'm expecting quite alot so money isn't so much of a barrier.. but I don't want to pay heaps for it and then realise I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere. I don't think the full box set is released until the 15th or 16th, can't remember which one. It said it on the HMV website.

But yeah, thanks. :)

One of the main reasons I'm buying it is because of all the extras that come with it. There was a list of them on the site and there's loads! I also missed the second half of the pilot episode (the polar bear one!) and my stepmum missed the episode where Boone died.. so we can get to see them. Plus, there are so many great episodes, I just want to watch it all again.. while we wait ages for season two! :(

Are they bringing out the complete Season 1 boxsets over here? I know that CSI DVD's were split into two parts for each Season then the complete seasons were released. I hope we get that with Lost.

Splitting them is just stupid.

Oh and the Jack/Sawyer scene!

I haven't watched the episode yet but I've seen the caps. Didn't you just want Sawyer to walk up to him and kiss him right on the lips. Maybe tell him that they will see each other soon.

I have the Season 1 DVD and even though I watched each episode when they originally aired, the DVD set was worth the purchase!!  I highly recommend it.

Although I haven't done much research, I understand that multi regional DVD players have become reasonably priced.  Here in the US you can get one for $50 - $100 (or so I'm told).  I would assume the same is true elsewhere.  I've been thinking of getting one so I can order DVD's from other countries.

If anyone has a recommended brand or player, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that im open too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I forgot to add that even if you have a multiregion dvd player. You then need a TV capable of playing back NTSC pictures. Basically the tv has to be able to talk to the player.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/bro...0151567-9495870

there some more information on it.

Mercury, how would I pay you? and am i right in saying you have region 2?

I have the Season 1 DVD and even though I watched each episode when they originally aired, the DVD set was worth the purchase!!  I highly recommend it.

Although I haven't done much research, I understand that multi regional DVD players have become reasonably priced.  Here in the US you can get one for $50 - $100 (or so I'm told).  I would assume the same is true elsewhere.  I've been thinking of getting one so I can order DVD's from other countries.

If anyone has a recommended brand or player, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that im open too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I forgot to add that even if you have a multiregion dvd player. You then need a TV capable of playing back NTSC pictures. Basically the tv has to be able to talk to the player.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/bro...0151567-9495870

there some more information on it.

Mercury, how would I pay you? and am i right in saying you have region 2?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, we have region two. Do you have Paypal? Otherwise we have to figure out something smart :P

Are they bringing out the complete Season 1 boxsets over here? I know that CSI DVD's were split into two parts for each Season then the complete seasons were released. I hope we get that with Lost.

Splitting them is just stupid.

Oh and the Jack/Sawyer scene!

I haven't watched the episode yet but I've seen the caps. Didn't you just want Sawyer to walk up to him and kiss him right on the lips. Maybe tell him that they will see each other soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The complete box set is being released in a week or so, yeah. I didn't realise till I searched for 'Lost box set' or something like that on google and there were two different ones - the first half and then the complete set. Oh yeah, and the second half, lol. But yeah, that doesn't make much sense to me. Why not just do the complete thing rather than splitting it?

Jess, knowing how much you like the Jack/Sawyer love.. you have to watch this scene between them! It's so cute.. honestly, it was lovely! They should have expanded the scene, yeah. Aww, it was so nice!

Sawyer.. :wub:

That episode totally showed the Sawyer/Kate love too! They were both looking for each other before they set out but didn't get to say goodbye! :(

I think the main reason behind the dvd split thing is money. They brought out the first half of the series in time for Christmas so that dumb people (like me!) would want it as a present, and then have to buy the other half separately and therefore pay more. They couldn't bring out the whole series before Christmas because presumably Channel 4 wouldn't be very happy about them ruining the ending!

Archived