Lost UK thread

Guest Di

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you please put spoilers in spoiler tags!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed :) that what it's here for :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry-I only just realised that button was here! :unsure:

Liam :(

I will be sure to use spoiler tags from now on!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can start my going back and Editing your last post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I already did!

Liam :wink:

Only watched 15 minutes, I mean I've heard people raving about that show for like a year so I was already fed up with it and channel 4 for waiting so long. And just as I thought it wasn't that good. Also I had an episode of L&O on tape to watch .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh my god it's like one of my fave shows now .

'Lost' slated by 'Castaway' author

Friday, August 12 2005, 09:42 BST -- by Daniel Kilkelly

Lost has been slated by Castaway author Lucy Irvine.

The US drama, which was watched by over 6 million viewers when it premiered in the UK on Wednesday, has been criticised for being too unrealistic.

Irvine spent one year on the uninhabited island of Tuin, in the Torres Strait off the coast of Australia, in 1981. She wrote a book based on her experiences, which was turned into a 1986 film starring Oliver Reed.

"Right from the start, Lost was a million miles away from the reality of life on a desert island," Irvine told The Mirror.

"I had such high hopes for it. The crash itself was incredible, and I was hoping this might be a grown-up version of Lord Of The Flies. But I soon found myself groaning in disbelief.

"I mean, how ridiculous that despite surviving a plane crash, all the women's mascara and lip gloss remained perfectly intact. I just hope it wears off during the series! I never wore make-up when I was on my island. And as for the characters who started messing around with a gun... They should be finding food and water, not threatening each other."

She added, "I'm shocked Lost is so popular. It's B-movie material - I'll stick to my own desert island memories."

'Lost' slated by 'Castaway' author

Friday, August 12 2005, 09:42 BST -- by Daniel Kilkelly

Lost has been slated by Castaway author Lucy Irvine.

The US drama, which was watched by over 6 million viewers when it premiered in the UK on Wednesday, has been criticised for being too unrealistic.

Irvine spent one year on the uninhabited island of Tuin, in the Torres Strait off the coast of Australia, in 1981. She wrote a book based on her experiences, which was turned into a 1986 film starring Oliver Reed.

"Right from the start, Lost was a million miles away from the reality of life on a desert island," Irvine told The Mirror.

"I had such high hopes for it. The crash itself was incredible, and I was hoping this might be a grown-up version of Lord Of The Flies. But I soon found myself groaning in disbelief.

"I mean, how ridiculous that despite surviving a plane crash, all the women's mascara and lip gloss remained perfectly intact. I just hope it wears off during the series! I never wore make-up when I was on my island. And as for the characters who started messing around with a gun... They should be finding food and water, not threatening each other."

She added, "I'm shocked Lost is so popular. It's B-movie material - I'll stick to my own desert island memories."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh please :rolleyes: It's a tv show, of course its not going to be realistic down to the very last detail - its got a flipping monster & a polar bear prowling the jungle. This Irvine woman needs to chill or change channel!

Archived