Lost UK thread

Guest Di

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Lost' spoilers a headache for UK fans

Monday, August 15 2005, 15:54 BST -- by Neil Wilkes

Fans of the new Channel 4 smash Lost have been reacting angrily to the abundance of 'spoilers' in the UK media.

Many newspapers and magazines - as well as Channel 4 - have been unable to contain themselves from the lure of detailing key plotlines from episodes yet to be shown.

The Sun revealed details of one of the show's central themes - not fully realised until later in the series - last week, before the show even aired, while today's Daily Star featured images and details of a twist not to due to be shown for another two months.

Not even Channel 4 provides a safe haven from the unwanted revelations.

The show's official website includes an interactive puzzle, 'The Untold', which features details of an upcoming storyline involving Jack (Matthew Fox).

Meanwhile, Lost Revealed, a programme broadcast on E4 last weekend, was laden with footage from episodes stretching to the end of the season.

"It's too early in the series to be shown," complained one poster on the C4 website. "Too late now. Millions of people spoiled. Good job E4."

Added another: "Damn stupid idiots for airing it, they know that people can have only seen 3 episodes. I hate knowing the characters more in depth now... I feel like certain people's mystery is gone."

Lost's Not Coiffed

Watching new series Lost might make you think it's best not to get on a plane if you're not perfect-looking.

But Evangeline Lilly who plays Kate has hit back at claims that only the beautiful people survived the aircrash in the show.

"How I wake up is how my hair stays in the show," claims Evangeline in an attempt to make herself sound far from the stunner she is.

"We wear almost no make-up and a lot of dirt and oil. They cover us in it," she adds in her defence in the Daily Mail.

"I'm disappointed that we come across as perfectly manicured and coiffed as my nails are always filthy, my hands are always scratched up and I've always got bruises all over my body.

"I think I look exactly how I would look if I was genuinely stranded on a tropical island."

Stranded, that is, with a winnebago full of style consultants.

Last Updated: 15:46 UK, Monday August 15, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the thing in The Sun today, though I'm not really too fussed about Spoilers myself.

I also saw the documentary the other night on E4 due to the fact that I got a new HD Recorder and it had Freeview built in! Woohoo! Now got the first 3 episodes on the HD!

Though I already know some of what happens as the TV Week that Valkyrie sent me with the party pics in had a good feature on it with a map showing all the different clues etc. So I was intrigued before I'd seen the first episode! :lol:

Archived